Jump to content

Recommended Posts

What kind of room type are you expecting for the guests that haven't booked yet?  And about how many rooms?  I can't imagine they are already almost full!!  Sounds like someone might be exageratting.
 

Originally Posted by beaz2be View Post

Ladies,

 

My TA has me all freaked out because she keeps talking about how the resort is almost fully booked etc.  (prices are skyrocketing and so on).  I know it's the long weekend when we are getting married, so this may possibly happen, but we're still 9 months out?!?!?!?!  It can't be THAT full already?!?!  We had a guaranteed group rate available already and while many people took advantage of that I still have lots of guests saying they plan to come (but aren't ready to book so far in advance).  I wasn't planning on even getting the invites out until October!

 

So,  what do I do if the resort is fully booked but we still have people wanting to come?  Does anyone know if guests at the Azul Beach can come and use the Sensatori's facilities?  And do you have to pay the guest fee (of $80 or whatever it is) for people from another Karisma property to come to the wedding?  I'm not too worried if I know that, if the AS sells out, then people could book at the AB or another El Dorado resort and still come spend time with us and be at the wedding itself.

 

Anyone have any insight to share?



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by beaz2be View Post

 

Ladies,

 

My TA has me all freaked out because she keeps talking about how the resort is almost fully booked etc.  (prices are skyrocketing and so on).  I know it's the long weekend when we are getting married, so this may possibly happen, but we're still 9 months out?!?!?!?!  It can't be THAT full already?!?!  We had a guaranteed group rate available already and while many people took advantage of that I still have lots of guests saying they plan to come (but aren't ready to book so far in advance).  I wasn't planning on even getting the invites out until October!

 

So,  what do I do if the resort is fully booked but we still have people wanting to come?  Does anyone know if guests at the Azul Beach can come and use the Sensatori's facilities?  And do you have to pay the guest fee (of $80 or whatever it is) for people from another Karisma property to come to the wedding?  I'm not too worried if I know that, if the AS sells out, then people could book at the AB or another El Dorado resort and still come spend time with us and be at the wedding itself.

 

Anyone have any insight to share?

 

Actually, this came up a couple months ago if I recall.  Another bride had Memorial Day weekend 2011 and found the hotel was almost completely booked up.  If I'm remembering correctly...

 

If your guests stay at another property, including AB or EDR, they'd have to have a day pass to come onto AS's property.  However, you might be able to negotiate free passes the day of the wedding if you're having a private reception and have paid for their meals.  AB is within walking distance to AS if you walk the beach.  However, I wouldn't count on AB being a viable option for your guests.  AB has only 98 rooms so it's much smaller than AS.  EDR is probably your best bet since it's huge, however it's not within walking distance since it's on the other side of PM.

 

I will say that we walked from AB to AS and had no problem walking onto AS from the beach side.  We toured the property and even helped ourselves to some soft serve!  However, for your own peace of mind it'd be better to have the passes worked out beforehand as opposed to them sneaking in. 

 

Don't worry just yet.  More rooms may come available.  The rooms are divied in blocks to various tour operators, and if those tour operators don't sell them then they might become available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Ladies -

I'm not sure how many of you were interested in lanterns but my FI and I recently went to Chinatown in San Francisco and stumbled upon a store that sold lanterns of all shapes and sizes at really low prices. I had never seen the star shaped lanterns (not that I have been doing much online wedding prep lately) and think I might be leaning in that direction. Mostly, I was impressed with their variety and prices. I will try to post some photos below and if you are interested, please let me know. We go there frequently and will surely go within the next month or so if anyone who is not marrying immediately is interested. I tried to take pics of the prices so you Ladies could get an idea of the value.

 

DSC_0268.jpg

DSC_0267.jpg

DSC_0266.jpg

DSC_0262.jpg

DSC_0264.jpg

DSC_0270.jpg

DSC_0271.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by bigboponthebeach View Post

 

Hi Ladies -

I'm not sure how many of you were interested in lanterns but my FI and I recently went to Chinatown in San Francisco and stumbled upon a store that sold lanterns of all shapes and sizes at really low prices. I had never seen the star shaped lanterns (not that I have been doing much online wedding prep lately) and think I might be leaning in that direction. Mostly, I was impressed with their variety and prices. I will try to post some photos below and if you are interested, please let me know. We go there frequently and will surely go within the next month or so if anyone who is not marrying immediately is interested. I tried to take pics of the prices so you Ladies could get an idea of the value.

 

 

oooooh those are beautiful!!  And the prices are even more beautiful!!!  I see my main color in there (aqua/turquoise), so I think I'll be emailing you soon with a special request :)  Thank you so much for sharing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, those lanterns are awesome.  I need to place an order for some of those.  Anyone know how they are set up at Zavaz Plaza?  Do the WC's set it up for you? 

 

And big news girls,  I BOUGHT MY DRESS TODAY!  It is beautiful and I am so excited for my wedding now.  :o)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



We need to see a picture of it :)

 

Originally Posted by TLGnhci View Post

Wow, those lanterns are awesome.  I need to place an order for some of those.  Anyone know how they are set up at Zavaz Plaza?  Do the WC's set it up for you? 

 

And big news girls,  I BOUGHT MY DRESS TODAY!  It is beautiful and I am so excited for my wedding now.  :o)



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Found the latest list! 

 

Looks like I'll peeping on Lecreatifbride :)
 

Originally Posted by ~Nicole~ View Post

Another update :)

July 2010
meghan - July 1, 2010
Meesh – July 10, 2009
momichele – July 24, 2010
Daniepps – July 31, 2010
August 2010
September 2010

Lecreatifbride - Sept 4, 2010
October 2010
amandamarieb – October 10, 2010
chong – October 10, 2010
November 2010
dstinationdrmr – November 12, 2010 – 4pm
dirtymartini – November 13, 2010 – Azul Beach
Ms.H – November 16, 2010
December 2010
mzgillis316 - December 3, 2010
jaimeburns – December 10, 2010
rkf1046 – December 11, 2010

January 2011
Murmel – January 24, 2011
February 2011
Less is More – February 19, 2011
March 2011
gingerlover36 – March 26, 2011
April 2011
dakotaAZ – April 2, 2011
May 2011
TLGnhci – May 2, 2011
mmc1105 – May 6, 2011
JaimeTalis – May 7, 2011
Nikki O – May 7, 2011
amcferron – May 13, 2011
MaggieandJay – May 15, 2011
beaz2be – May 27, 2011
Bigboponthebeach – May 28, 2011
June 2011
jazz04 – June 12, 2011
July 2011
LMMDC – July 23, 2011

February 2012
msmarmar123 – February 11, 2012


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Sorry you had to deal with this I hoped it worked out. It seems to be every few months a new store will be in the  'if' stage and to the 'when' stage.  Big businesses like this don't notify the employees or customers before they close down...that would cause even more losses.  One day there are signs on the door and the business is done.  And lots of people (employees and customers...not to mention the creditors that they owe millions to) get screwed immediately with little help to be found anywhere.  Look at alfred angelo, although they had less retail stores than David's Bridal, they may have had more sales than them as a company.  They were the largest manufacturer of dresses and were carried by thousands of independent stores across the world (not just the 60+ branded stores they had).  If you google search Davids Bridal going bankrupt, they are listed on all the sites that post retail stores on life support.  They have more debt than they will be able to service in 2019 and the only question right now is if they'll make it that far.  Once the debt comes due, it's almost a 100% certainty that the company will be done.  But it's also more probable than not that the bankruptcy will happen much sooner than that.  The argument about them getting a new line or how big they are isn't a good argument if you look at the history of how these normally happen.  Alfred Angelo had a brand new line of dresses that never even hit the stores but were made overseas already...those all made their first appearances at the liquidation auctions.  I'm not trying to scare anyone here, but just trying to make sure that people understand that when a company gets to this point, it's definitely a roll of the dice if you are ordering something that you can't take home today.  How much of a risk?  That's hard to say, but I am extremely confident that the pain felt when alfred angelo closed 61 stores will be even greater when Davids Bridal closes 300+ stores…and when there are other great discount dress stores out there like Bridepower or Vows Bridal Outlet on the East Coast or Brilliant Bridal in the West (and plenty of others as well), I don’t think I would personally recommend any of my friends to take that risk!  But that’s just me:)
    • Hello all!! I'm planning to get married next week. I'm working in an MNC and I'm gonna marry my colleague who is in my company. It's been ten months since we have started our relationship. He used to support in all my difficulties and used to help me in my work. Always he used to tell me about my smile. He says that I have a very good smile and he loves it. Recently I lost my front tooth after an accident and it resulted in a bad look for me. He told me that I lost my beautiful smile. I was totally disappointed and thought of finding a solution. I heard about dental dentures and took an appointment at a clinic in Scarborough. Will dentures affect my speech? What was your experience of getting dentures? 
    • Go for the third one. It is gorgeous and you will look stunning in that. I'm sure you will be noticed by other people. Go for it.
    • I would suggest the long one. You will look stunning in that. It is simple and elegant.
    • Both the gown are awesome and I'm sure you will look gorgeous in both. But I would suggest the first one. Go for it and Congratulations for your marriage.
  • Topics

×