Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I am glad to hear that you are sooo happy with your pictures. I hope you can share some pictures with us!!!
 

Originally Posted by Steve&Julia View Post

HI all

hope you all had a great weekend, I got all my pictures this weekend. OMG the photographer did an amazing job on capurting things I didn't think he could.  he has a picture of a tear going down my husbands cheek. also he stayed for the reception and took pictures of everyone dancing and partying having a good time.  Taking shots (even my mother taking a shot) pretty nuts.

 

I am glad i flew him in cause he was worth every penny.

 


Don't be discouraged. You will find your dress!!!

Originally Posted by msmarmar123 View Post

Went to go look at a dress today..but pretty sure it's not the one...It's short and has 1 sleeve..very cute...but looking at it I couldn't actually picture being married and walking down the aisle (or beach) in it.  But I can totally see changing into it and wearing it AFTER the wedding at dinner or some other celebration.  Super Cheap..so definitely an option for that...but...guess I have to keep looking....



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you all for the wonderful compliments on our pre-travel brochure!!! I used the template from VISTAPRINT and added few pictures of our own. We will probably send it out at the end of August for our October wedding.

 

Has anyone seen the "Wedding in Mexico" on TLC for Trisha from Clean House? She got married at Le Blanc Resort (same as Lindz) and it was beautiful!!! I've been struggling with what to do with my hair... and Trisha has two starfish on her hair instead of flowers. I actually have two blue starfish and didn't know what to do with it... I am now debating between the flowers and starfish...

 

Chong

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Originally Posted by dstinationdrmr View Post

I almost forgot, I decided to go ahead and do the BD shoot!!! I'm scheduled to do it in Houston Labor Day weekend.

 

I too am very interested in who you are using in Houston.  I am getting more and more interested in this BD shoot idea, but not a clue where to find the right photographer!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quote:

Originally Posted by amandamarieb View Post

 

Problem is my dress is probably about 8 or 9 inches too long (and I am 5'3''). It's al vinatge looking spanish lace so apparnetly it is hard to hem and keep the same edging. I also need the straps taken up a hair and the dress taken in. I wanted to change the neckline a tiny bit (it;s square and I wanted the center dropped about 1/4 inch. She also said something about adding boning but I'm really not sure why that is needed

Now that you say all of that I guess it does make sense that the alterations are so expensive. Sounds really detailed and time consuming. Still, I hope you find someone at least a little cheaper.
 

Originally Posted by beaz2be View Post


I have Carolina and so far she's been really good.  As a matter of fact each time I deal with her I'm more and more pleased.  Given that I'm sure she has well over 100 other brides I feel like she's really on top of things and doesn't take too long to respond to my emails.  Maybe give her a call to get the ball rolling?

I am now on board with Carolina too. I spoke to her this morning (I actually never spoke to my other WC) and she seemed like she was genuinely willing to help. She didn't do anything above and beyond yet but I can tell she is very organized and pays attention to detail.
 

Originally Posted by msmarmar123 View Post

Went to go look at a dress today..but pretty sure it's not the one...It's short and has 1 sleeve..very cute...but looking at it I couldn't actually picture being married and walking down the aisle (or beach) in it.  But I can totally see changing into it and wearing it AFTER the wedding at dinner or some other celebration.  Super Cheap..so definitely an option for that...but...guess I have to keep looking....

Don't get discouraged. When you find YOUR dress you'll know it and finding the perfect dress sometimes takes a little longer for some of us. I know it did for me and I had to travel 8 hrs to get it.
 

Originally Posted by chong View Post

Holy Smokes!!! Have fun doing the BD shoot!!! Make sure to bring some drinks to clam your nerve :)

Who are you doing it with in Houston? I will be Philly for the labor day weekend so I am gonna miss you :(

 

Originally Posted by JaimeTalis View Post

 

I too am very interested in who you are using in Houston.  I am getting more and more interested in this BD shoot idea, but not a clue where to find the right photographer!

I'll try to have fun and shots will be a must!! I have an appointment with Christine Tremoulet www.christinetremoulet.com/boudoir. I liked the pics on her site, she is very nice and encouraging and her prices are in my budget. She actually has a special going on right now and I got a 1 hr session with 3 outfits for $250. She also has more expensive packages that are longer sessions, but I wasn't ready to be uncomfortable for 3 hrs!! blush2.gif
 

Originally Posted by chong View Post

Thank you all for the wonderful compliments on our pre-travel brochure!!! I used the template from VISTAPRINT and added few pictures of our own. We will probably send it out at the end of August for our October wedding.

 

Has anyone seen the "Wedding in Mexico" on TLC for Trisha from Clean House? She got married at Le Blanc Resort (same as Lindz) and it was beautiful!!! I've been struggling with what to do with my hair... and Trisha has two starfish on her hair instead of flowers. I actually have two blue starfish and didn't know what to do with it... I am now debating between the flowers and starfish...

 

Chong

There's actually a tread on here with her pics. She used Del Sol, one of the vendors on here. She did a really nice TTD shoot. http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/thread/61972/style-network-tv-host-del-sol-trash-the-dress#post_1374874
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey gals,

 

I'm probably way behind here and giving you information you already know but I figured out where the reviews go now! 

 

If you are doing a review of a resort/wedding, it looks as though you use Resorts & Villas and then if it's for a vendor, you go there (find the resort/vendor you want to review) and then type away. 

 

:o)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by chong View Post

 

Don't be discouraged. You will find your dress!!!

 

 

 

 

Originally Posted by dstinationdrmr View Post

 

Quote:

 

 

Don't get discouraged. When you find YOUR dress you'll know it and finding the perfect dress sometimes takes a little longer for some of us. I know it did for me and I had to travel 8 hrs to get it.

 

 

 

 

I have so much time before I need to get my dress...I'm not too upset..I didn't even try anything on yesterday...it was more going to look at just one dress because I knew I liked it enough to at least have to see it again...

 

Thanks for the encouragement :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just curious...does anyone have Gladys as their WC?  Thats who I was reassigned to after Tiffany left, but I haven't seen anyone else mention her.  She seems fine so far, just wondering if anyone has comments/suggestions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm behind the times and am still trying to play catch up!  Where did you get your navy shoes?  I love those!  It would work for my AHR!

 

Originally Posted by Steve&Julia View Post

thank you I love those shoes and can't waiit to wear again.  we did the reception after reception to be honest we all jumped in the pool and stayed there until 5am. it was one of those everyone change to the bathingsuit. one of our friends had a room on the main floor so he put the ihome on and we all hung out at the pool till 5am. it was a great unplanned afterparty and no one bothered us. we did not plan this or request it with the wedding planner.



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay ladies can I ask about cardboxes?!

 

I have mixed feelings about them in general (ie I think they're a waste of money and a simple basket placed out would suffice just fine).  Also, I'm not keen on trying to bring down extra stuff - so unless the cardbox were to fold down etc. for travel then I'm disinclined.

 

However, what about security (a friend of mine says its something I need to consider)?  Do card boxes actually make it less likely that someone would go by and steal cards?  Couldn't someone just then take the whole box? 

But... it's an outside venue at a resort with a lot of other people who could maybe lurk and grab? 

 

What are people thinking of doing?  What did you married ladies do?  Does the resort have a cardbox you can use?  Did you set up your gift table well "within" the space where your reception was so that it was safer?  Am I totally just over thinking something that's a non-issue?

 

I just worry about it because I imagine that if anyone brings anything gift-wise to the wedding it would likely be cards (hopefully, since I don't really want to lug wedding gifts home from Mexico  haha). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×