Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I just wanted to point out how much I learn on here....

 

I was watching Top Chef Wednesday and saw the seasoning that AmyB is using for her AHR! Never heard of or saw it before this. I think it's because I'm from NO and we have our own local seasoning. Who knows?

 

And, I watched Big Brother Wednesday (or maybe it was Tuesday) and one of the houseguests was trying to spell journeyman to win a challenge. I was like "I know what that is now!!" It's sad how the silly things make me happy these days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstinationdrmr View Post
I just wanted to point out how much I learn on here....

I was watching Top Chef Wednesday and saw the seasoning that AmyB is using for her AHR! Never heard of or saw it before this. I think it's because I'm from NO and we have our own local seasoning. Who knows?

And, I watched Big Brother Wednesday (or maybe it was Tuesday) and one of the houseguests was trying to spell journeyman to win a challenge. I was like "I know what that is now!!" It's sad how the silly things make me happy these days.
That's so funny :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by msmarmar123 View Post
Where are you looking for current promotions? Is it on the Azul website?
I check the Karisma site, and if there is a deal at ANY of the properties, I try to use that to my advantage. Also my TA website, Weddings By Oceans, has a link to promotions (they have a Facebook site as well). Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstinationdrmr View Post
I just wanted to point out how much I learn on here....

I was watching Top Chef Wednesday and saw the seasoning that AmyB is using for her AHR! Never heard of or saw it before this. I think it's because I'm from NO and we have our own local seasoning. Who knows?

And, I watched Big Brother Wednesday (or maybe it was Tuesday) and one of the houseguests was trying to spell journeyman to win a challenge. I was like "I know what that is now!!" It's sad how the silly things make me happy these days.

LOL! It's amazing where you learn little things :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by chong View Post


That is so funny. My FI wanted to help me "pick" the color for the wedding too. He was so head strong about the color choices. We end up compromising the color choices - blue and pink :)

My BMs are wearing all the same color (blue) and same design dresses. I was trying to match the color for the GM but I ended up going something silvery color for them. You might say that I am not too concern about the color scheme. Some brides might frown up on it but I am pretty easy to please pinkie.gif


Chong
FI finally gave in to me because (his words) "We have over a year and a half and I know you will change your mind about everything 10000 times before then"
He has a point...but at least I know that he DID agree to the different colors if that's what I finally do pick :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by murmel View Post
I check the Karisma site, and if there is a deal at ANY of the properties, I try to use that to my advantage. Also my TA website, Weddings By Oceans, has a link to promotions (they have a Facebook site as well). Good luck!



)
Thanx :) I think it is too early for 2012 promotions...but will bookmark those and check back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by msmarmar123 View Post
Thanx :) I think it is too early for 2012 promotions...but will bookmark those and check back.
I would check every once and a while and take note on the ongoing promotions. When it comes time to negotiate, even if the promotion is no longer valid, bring it up. Tell your TA, I saw a promotion about bride/groom stay free, etc.; is there anything similar available now? They may even extend part of the deal to you just for mentioning it :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaz2be View Post
OH YES IT WILL!! As for the largeness of my group - I blame FI and FMIL... he figured that since it was in Mexico "no one would come... invite them anyway just to show the gesture that we'd like them to be there" hahahahah!! No one would come!!! raaaaaaaight. Seriously tho' I am excited about our large group - it suits us to have all our family and friends with us - and having a wedding that suits your personality is what it's all about right?

oh gosh - don't get me started on my TA... she is NOT going to get my recommendations after this I don't think. She is not going above and beyond by ANY stretch. (grr. Sorry ladies; I'm trying really hard not to have a crusty day... not much luck tho)
That's what having a wedding is all about....is having one that reflects you as a couple and if your family and friends are your circle of love, well then so be it!! :-) I think it is wonderful to share your special day with those that are near and dear to your heart, regardless of the number. It's all about the two of you and what works for you!
We purposely chose to keep our count small because I wanted to have a reception, but I didn't want it to be huge. My father is one of eight and if we would have invited all of his siblings (as well as my Mom's) and their children and in some cases grandchildren, we would have paid a down payment for another home. Financially that was one of the reasons we chose to have a DW, is to minimize costs and avoid entertaining folks we weren't bananas about. LOL And my father's side has some that I am not bananas, nor crazy about! ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenHeart View Post
Just try not to get frustrated and treat your WC like sheâ€s on your side and youâ€re both together battling Lomaâ€s (thatâ€s how it ended up with Kiara & I) she helped me out SO much I invited her to my wedding, LOL  If you can get the two of you teamed up against them, they donâ€t stand a chance, so to speak. Be very polite, clear and determined with your wishes to your WC, just know that that is the person that speaks to your vendors on your behalf. Lots of photos help and follow up with stuff, ask for dimensions and photos etc. I asked for months to get the dimensions of the vases I was renting, only to get them a few months before my wedding to find out that they were FAR too small. Iâ€m glad I persisted heavily on this or else I would have been very disappointed that my orchids stems would be shooting out of the vase, not submerged and no floating candle because the opening was too small.

Toss any replies up here or PM them to me and Iâ€ll give you examples of what I would say back if you want :)

Also, you wonâ€t have any trouble with hurricanes at the end of May, I promise, youâ€re in the clear!

Youâ€re welcome :)

If you donâ€t like your TA now, it only gets worse. My biggest regrets was not switching TAâ€s when I originally wanted to and gave him “another chance†like my DH suggested. So if youâ€re unhappy, switch now!
Thanks so much and I will keep all of this in mind! I will also possibly take you up on that offer if things start getting hairy. Now to just find out who has taken Cecile's place......;-)
Oh and completely agree with you on the TA thing. We have already switched once and it made a WORLD of a difference. When our first TA used to call, I didn't even want to answer the phone and would make FI. I second yuor motion to switch if you are initially displeased!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chong View Post
No, I told me TA about the free sweet package and that I wanted that package for my wedding. She called Carolina (WC) and got me the package! Like I said... my TA is awesome. I go through her if I am not sure how to get it myself. She has been the best working the details out for me. Who is your TA? Did you go through Destination Weddings?
That is what drives me nuts! My TA mentioned nothing to me about it until I mentioned it to her. At first she said it was not applicable to AS brides and then said she would have to review it. I pointed out to her that for once it was applicable to AS brides and I emailed her just the free sweet wedding pdf. She asked, "Where did you get this from, I didn't think this was available to the public yet." That really irritated me because it conflicted with her inital statement. Either you heard of it and you cannot disclose the details yet or you haven't heard of it, not a combo of both. I def didn't feel like she was in our corner at that moment. I asked her what the criteria was to qualify for it and she said she wasn't sure. This further annoyed me because she is a pretty experienced DW.com TA. I decided after that converstation that I would take it up with the WC and just push our TA out of that loop since she didn't seem concerned with assisting us.

Do you know if there are any special requirements needed to qualify for the free sweet wedding?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstinationdrmr View Post
I just wanted to point out how much I learn on here....

I was watching Top Chef Wednesday and saw the seasoning that AmyB is using for her AHR! Never heard of or saw it before this. I think it's because I'm from NO and we have our own local seasoning. Who knows?

And, I watched Big Brother Wednesday (or maybe it was Tuesday) and one of the houseguests was trying to spell journeyman to win a challenge. I was like "I know what that is now!!" It's sad how the silly things make me happy these days.
That is funny! And the sad thing is, when you start connecting things in your "real" life with those of the forum....when you say them out loud, like, "Oh, I heard about that on the forum!" people look at you like you're crazy. LOL I find myself referring to the forum frequently and my close family and friends look at me like I'm visiting the underworld. LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaz2be View Post
Oh... so helpful! Thanks. And I might just pass some replies your way to get your advice so beware what you offer a girl. wacko.gif

About the vase comment you just made. I'm totally thinking of DIY centerpieces but my idea also involves floating candles/flowers/vase etc. My big concern was trying to bring DOWN a bunch of vases. You can rent the vases just by themselves? Would you mind me asking how much they charged you or if you wouldn't mind sharing any info they gave you on vases? Renting would be sooo much easier! My email is klcandjason@gmail.com if that's easier. TIA.

Thanks! That's VERY helpful info. That's how I feel, that I might not get the whole package but maybe some part of it. Did you have your TA dealing with the WC from Karisma? So far my TA basically says that I'm supposed to deal with the WC by myself and that she doesn't usually get involved in that part of it. She just strictly does the travel planning part. This wouldn't bother me so much (because really I like to do things myself and trust myself more than I trust her) if I didn't feel like her pressure and input might have more influence than mine because she's part of the whole industry?!?!

Any advice? I will definitely take AmyKH's words to heart and assume that Carolina has my back and will do her best to get me a great deal. I'm just worried that my TA might need to be involved too. Thus far, she hasn't been much (other than me cc'ing her on emails).
I'll PM you regarding the vases :)

Yeah your TA & WC don't work together until the very end when they coordinate the rooming list to your details spreadsheet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstinationdrmr View Post
Thanks for the advice. I've been trying to go the route of telling and not asking and it seems to work but the negotiating? Not so much.

I may take you up on this (toss of replies) if you don't mind. I'm going to reach out to my TA 1st and see what she can do if anything.

I actually have the Pearl Package and the Sky Deck.
Don't give up girl! Everything can be negotiated, don't be mean (not that you would) but it's instinct to get pushy or rude and that doesn't work. I'm in sales and I'll work my butt off for someone that's not an ahole to me but treats me like a human being instead of someone who works for them. If someone's an ahole, my commission on the sales just seems like it doesn't even matter anymore and I don't care if they get the product... people get me on their team to help them, golden, I'll take perfect care of them forever. This is how Kiara and I worked out, the two of us were a team. I'd ask how her weekend was, send her pictures of me on Halloween and she'd do the same back, we became friends, she really is a great girl but she get's freaked out and yelled at by brides every day, so if you don't stand out, you're just another bride to tiptoe around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstinationdrmr View Post
I just wanted to point out how much I learn on here....

I was watching Top Chef Wednesday and saw the seasoning that AmyB is using for her AHR! Never heard of or saw it before this. I think it's because I'm from NO and we have our own local seasoning. Who knows?

And, I watched Big Brother Wednesday (or maybe it was Tuesday) and one of the houseguests was trying to spell journeyman to win a challenge. I was like "I know what that is now!!" It's sad how the silly things make me happy these days.
This is hysterical!! I love it! I too on Thursday came over my BF's house to make shrimp & veggie kabobs and she pulled out Old Bay and said "use this" and I immediately think of Amy of course and I was like, "what, you've NEVER used this before" she's like, "I know I just bought it!" Seriously we've been cooking with each other once a week for 12 years and this is the first time she's ever used it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboponthebeach View Post
I just asked this question in my reply to Chong, but in case it is glossed over....Does anyone know if there are any criteria or special requirements needed to qualify for the Free Sweet Wedding Package?
From what I read and what I got from my TA, the only "rules" are that you are supposed to be in a premium suite for 7 days and have 15 additional nights booked (for other guests).
I have my TA and WC checking on the 1st part...FI and I are staying 14 days in a regular swim up suite..not premium..and I'm trying to get them to agree that 14 nights there is comparable to 7 in premium....

I'll let you know when I hear back from them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×