Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaz2be View Post
our wedding website is Jason & Kelsey have decided on forever, and forever starts May 27, 2011 | Welcome | kelseyandjason

momentville has free sites and is easy to use
I love your dog!!! And the background of that picture is breathtaking. I miss living with mountains... Great job on the website!

Hey ladies...don't have much time to talk...I wrote a super long post yesterday but then I got signed out and lost it. Basically it was a complaining email so I sort of glad I didn't post. But I am dealing with a bit of a situation right now.

My TA called FI yesterday and told him that the hotel (Azul Beach) is sold out the week of our wedding. I still have atleast 15 guests who have not booked. 2 of them are my aunt and cousin (the only extended family I have coming). I am so angry at them, the resort for not alerting my TA when the hotel was close to capacity and my TA for not finding out it was filling up as she promised she would.

I was fighting back tears at work yesterday (right before a meeting - super) b/c I am so emotional over my family - majority isn't coming and the ones i thought i could count on couldn't put a $100 deposit down. I just feel so let down by family/hotel/TA.

Long story short my FI completely lost it on TA (who has been on vacation/out of country twice since signing contract) which he brought up and questioned if the hotel told her but she was out of town. She supposedly has been in talks with the owner of the hotel to see if we can get 3 rooms...no clue as to where they are pulling them from or if they can even get them. I also just wrote a very "stern" email to my WC who hasn't responded to an email from me in over 2 1/2 weeks letting her know how disappointed I am.

I don't want to be a crazy bride but I just feel that we should have known the hotel was filling up if they promised they would tell us! Grrr...ok sorry to start the day off on a sour note.

WAAAAAA (said like snookie from jersey shore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerlover36 View Post
Hey ladies...don't have much time to talk...I wrote a super long post yesterday but then I got signed out and lost it. Basically it was a complaining email so I sort of glad I didn't post. But I am dealing with a bit of a situation right now.

My TA called FI yesterday and told him that the hotel (Azul Beach) is sold out the week of our wedding. I still have atleast 15 guests who have not booked. 2 of them are my aunt and cousin (the only extended family I have coming). I am so angry at them, the resort for not alerting my TA when the hotel was close to capacity and my TA for not finding out it was filling up as she promised she would.

I was fighting back tears at work yesterday (right before a meeting - super) b/c I am so emotional over my family - majority isn't coming and the ones i thought i could count on couldn't put a $100 deposit down. I just feel so let down by family/hotel/TA.

Long story short my FI completely lost it on TA (who has been on vacation/out of country twice since signing contract) which he brought up and questioned if the hotel told her but she was out of town. She supposedly has been in talks with the owner of the hotel to see if we can get 3 rooms...no clue as to where they are pulling them from or if they can even get them. I also just wrote a very "stern" email to my WC who hasn't responded to an email from me in over 2 1/2 weeks letting her know how disappointed I am.

I don't want to be a crazy bride but I just feel that we should have known the hotel was filling up if they promised they would tell us! Grrr...ok sorry to start the day off on a sour note.

Meghan - The SAME thing happened to me at my wedding. Is your TA working with a Tour Operator? Let me tell you - the Karisma resorts reservation systems are STUPID AS F***!!! They do not know how many rooms are taken. They sell blocks to Tour Operators and keep some for their own reservations so while it looks like they are fully booked, there are rooms empty. My Step Mother who speaks Spanish fluently had an hour conversation with a representative of the resort's owners (they own Karisma & Desire - 7 resorts total) and told them how stupid this whole situation was.

I even found a bride on this Forum that released 10 rooms at Azul beach that week (moved to AS b/c of the resort being too small) and they STILL told me they were in an over sold position and I could not have those 4 rooms. We got to the hotel and it was EMPTY!!! Ok, not empty - but maybe 70% capacity. I don't know what to tell you but I can tell you what I did and you can try this stuff.

1st of all - I called all of the other Tour Operators - FunJet, Travel Impressions, and the hotel reservations directly. Your TA might have other ones she can call too. They were showing all sold out. Even the Villa was booked. NO ONE was in the Villa the week we were there!

2nd - The hotel was booked the Friday & Saturday nights. So, all of my guests who booked too late (4 rooms of guests) - got split reservations. For example, they booked Azul Beach Monday to Friday, Azul Sensatori Friday - Sunday, and Azul Beach Sunday - Monday. I know it seems ridiculous but I wanted them with us as much as possible.

3rd - we got to the hotel and after meeting with the concierge, front desk, and the American Express/Travel Impressions representative, they were able to confirm the rooms were available for the guests to stay at AB. Then they had to transfer the reservations. This was all very touch and go. They have to do a lot of phone calls and dumb crap, but it got done in the end.

I know that is not ideal, but in the end it all worked out. I am sure it will for you too.

If you want me to call you to talk more about what happened and what we did, PM me your phone number. I feel for you babe!

I bought their shoes, flip flops for after the ceremony, jewelry for the ceremony, going to pay to get their makeup done and going to make them shirts when I come up with a good idea for them. I feel like I should do more, but don't have any really good ideas yet. Check out The Knot Shop. They usually have good sales. Tiffany jewelry sounds great but expensive. Maybe you can check out the clearance section at a really nice jewelry store in your area. Sometimes they have really nice options.

cheer2.gif

Great idea about the chairs!! I think it will work!!! Also, LOVE your bridesmaids gifts!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboponthebeach View Post
Hey Lindz! I pm'ed you my email addy. Sorry, I've been MIA. Thank you soooooo much in advance!!!

Also, I LOVE your photos! Very chic and romantic! What a lifetime treat! :-)

Thanks girl!!! Good luck with the email!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstinationdrmr View Post
So, I'm gonna try this again.

These are the centerpieces my mom and I have been working on. Let me know what you think. Putting it in a Word doc was the only way I could make them fit.

Attachment 5147

UMMM those are PRECIOUS!!! great idea!!

Quote:
Lindz,

Really cute pics and I like the movie you put together. Good job!! Oh, and I wanted to tell you I'm going stay @ The Roosevelt this weekend. I can't wait!!

Oh awesome!!! You will LOVE the rooms!! So vintage and chic!!!!!! Thanks for the compliment wink.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorwd View Post
Thanks for all the props on the banner ladies!! blush2.gif

Lindz, excellent job on your slideshow!! I love your choice in music. We got down to Ain't Life Grand at my wedding :)

haha Love it!! Like I said earlier, it's Ryan's fav band. He wants us to dance to Walkin'. We'll see! haha But it is kind one of our songs. It always comes on the radio or ipod when we are together and we always see weird references together. And the lyrics are sweet :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz04 View Post
Does anyone have a wedding page that you have created that I could look at. I know there are free sites but need some suggestions.
www.lutznlindz.com I used Wedding Window. You have to pay for it, but it is great!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolo View Post
Hello Ladies

It has been awhile since I've been here. CONGRATULATIONS!!!! to all you ladies that have gotten married. cheer2.gif

Kittenheart, you are having another weddinghuh.gif Lucky girl, how did you pull that off. I am trying to find your link to pics but I have been searching and cannot find it. i would love to see your pics.

I put up a few pics from our wedding and a couple "naughty" ones

I have to figure out how to make a small album that people can access. We have over 1000 pics. Working on getting a slideshow.

I am happy to read that there has been some beautiful weddings....I want to do it all over again.

BEAUTIFUL pics!! Good to hear from you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolo View Post
Click the image to open in full size.

GORGEOUS!

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by amybermuda View Post
Meghan - The SAME thing happened to me at my wedding. Is your TA working with a Tour Operator? Let me tell you - the Karisma resorts reservation systems are STUPID AS F***!!! They do not know how many rooms are taken. They sell blocks to Tour Operators and keep some for their own reservations so while it looks like they are fully booked, there are rooms empty. My Step Mother who speaks Spanish fluently had an hour conversation with a representative of the resort's owners (they own Karisma & Desire - 7 resorts total) and told them how stupid this whole situation was.

I even found a bride on this Forum that released 10 rooms at Azul beach that week (moved to AS b/c of the resort being too small) and they STILL told me they were in an over sold position and I could not have those 4 rooms. We got to the hotel and it was EMPTY!!! Ok, not empty - but maybe 70% capacity. I don't know what to tell you but I can tell you what I did and you can try this stuff.

1st of all - I called all of the other Tour Operators - FunJet, Travel Impressions, and the hotel reservations directly. Your TA might have other ones she can call too. They were showing all sold out. Even the Villa was booked. NO ONE was in the Villa the week we were there!

2nd - The hotel was booked the Friday & Saturday nights. So, all of my guests who booked too late (4 rooms of guests) - got split reservations. For example, they booked Azul Beach Monday to Friday, Azul Sensatori Friday - Sunday, and Azul Beach Sunday - Monday. I know it seems ridiculous but I wanted them with us as much as possible.

3rd - we got to the hotel and after meeting with the concierge, front desk, and the American Express/Travel Impressions representative, they were able to confirm the rooms were available for the guests to stay at AB. Then they had to transfer the reservations. This was all very touch and go. They have to do a lot of phone calls and dumb crap, but it got done in the end.

I know that is not ideal, but in the end it all worked out. I am sure it will for you too.

If you want me to call you to talk more about what happened and what we did, PM me your phone number. I feel for you babe!

Yes, listen to AmyB!! She was able to get it all worked out. Do not give up yet!!!! It's just a little stressful situation to deal with for the time being, but it will come together. We are here for you!

Ok, here is an update on our to do's...Have I left anyone out?

STARTING Monday, June 14, 2010 ENDING Sunday, June 27, 2010

We will check in with what is done either as itâ€s done or every other Friday and start a new list!

The futuremrslutz's (Lindsey) To Do's:

1) Book flights to Cancun (they keep going up and down...guess we just need to book and take the risk)

2) Assemble and mail invites (these will go out by Wednesday)

3) Order OOT stuff

4) Book Vegas Wedding (Ryan is handling the entire weekend, except the actual wedding part...I will handle this.)

5) Bachelorette Party Favors

6) Order linens, candles, chair ties (already ordered samples), etc

7) Book DJ

8 ) Finalize Thursday night party

9) Create Mock table set up with pics for the reception

10) Update website

11) Decide on vowels

12) Order rose petals for the isle

13) Order garter, hair accessory, jewelry, etc

14) Bridesmaids/groomsmen gifts

Taylorwd's new To Dos

1. Find new baker

2. Make a site visit to the party barge

3. Finish playlist

4. Delegate barge setup

5. Find extra coolers and trashcans

6. Resew missing buttons on wedding dress

7. Exchange/Return decorations

AmandaMarieBâ€s To Doâ€s:

- Register (hopefully today and yes I realize we are very behind on this)- DONE!!!

- Order fiance's wedding band

- Recieve and sign photog contract- DONE

- Request rates for a BD shoot (Chris Schmidt?)

- Work-out

- Begin Qt Extreme Cleanse

-Order gold bags for rose petals

- Follow up on quote for real touch flowers and possibly order blume boxes -DECIDED ON REAL FLOWERS

- Make sure photo booth stand will work

- Find images and begin mock-up of post-cards using for guest book

- Send mom guest list so she can keep track of RSVP cards -DONE

-Begin searching for table card holders that will fit the polaroid-type photos from the photo booth

-Receieve suit swatch samples and email groomsmen to order (assuming we like the swatches) - FI WANTS TO HANDLE

-Start thinking baout hair and make-up

-Start writing ceremony

-Figure out DJ

-Revise flower choices and figure out centerpeices

-Order postcards from VistaPrint while they have the 100 free promotion

-Email FI's dad about helping with cake topper

-Send revisions/additions to the cocktail menu

Kittenheart (Amy)â€s To Doâ€s:

Book room for someone

Go get fun stuff @ Party City

Receive invites and stamps, mail out ASAP

Decide on flowers, purch or not

Receive cupcake papers & toppers & buy cupcake stand

Receive DH's bowtie & suspenders

Order cupcakes

Order things on sticks

Go food shopping at Costco for snacks and booze for MOH to bring

Pull out cash for transportation

Create guest list to give to Skyloft peeps

Have MOH email boys to get tacky suits

Decide on hair and makeup and get photos for hair/makeup chick artist

Get jars for flowers

Buy sunglasses, necklaces etc for peeps

Have DH get cigars

Have twin make iPod playlist

Meredith's new list

1. Insure my ring

2. Cocktail party decor

3. Follow up on invites

4. Work on AHR

5. Come up with ideas for BM's shirts

6. Decide on menu for reception

7. Get thread for welcome bag monograms

Daniepps To Doâ€s

1. Buy tiara

2. Find and buy comb/barette

3. Find and buy jewelry

4. Find and buy bridesmaids jewelry

5. Get heels on shoes cut down-DONE

6. Make reception playlist-DONE

7. Buy placecard holders

8. Print menus and placecards

9. Buy unity sand set

10. Order programs-DONE

11. Decide what to do for centerpieces

12. Order paper lanters

13. Order bridal party t-shirts

14. Buy OOT bags and contents

15. Order reception favors

16. Order ceremony stuff- bubbles/tissues/rose petals

17. Pay for Ty's wedding band

18. Finalize ceremony script-DONE

Quote:
WOW you are totally AWESOME. Themes sounds great. And your E-pics are so amazing Lindz!!!!!!cheer2.gif
Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, Themes are so amazing!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenHeart View Post

So fun! We are doing the Blue Hawaii package :)

We planned on having 2 couples go with us, then my mom and brother wanted to come so DH invited his parents and sister and brother-in-law and then it expanded and I have 30+ people coming now... how crazy is that?
I LOVE the Blue Hawaii theme!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are going to have so much fun!!!!
Quote:
You've been to Austin and Lake Travis? Business or pleasure? Hey, if you're free on the 26th, come on over and join us on the party barge!!

Fun fun fun!!! What a great way to get married, two rockin' ceremonies in a week!

rant.gifWe had a bit of a set-back this weekend. Our baker essentially fired us and now I'm scrambling to find someone. Long story short, it's the outcome I wanted because I never liked this company from the beginning. As soon as I sent them our deposit check I regretted locking in with them. The only reason we kept them is because they already had our money. We're super stoked to be getting our money back and not have to deal with them anymore, but I'm really, really, really pissed at the reason she gave for doing it. She is WRONG and a LIAR and needs to read her own contract. I was so mad it kept me awake most of the night last night, and I'm thinking to myself, "This crazy ***** is not worth losing sleep over so let it go!" Grrrr. voodoo.gif

Yikes about your chairs. That is crazy expensive!!

Sooooo fun to have lots of people there!!!

There are a few ways to get banned. Here's the thread:
http://bestdestinationwedding.com/fo...-banned-32834/
I went for pleasure!!!! Ryan LOVES Widespread Panic, so we went for his birthday/Halloween to see them play. Austin was SO fab!!!

I'm really sorry to hear about your baker, but it seems like you will be better off in the long run!

Quote:
Haha, when I originally created I didn't realize that would be my name that everyone sees from some reason. But yeah Im in love with a ginger...my real name is Meghan by the way ;-)
hahahahahaha That's hilarious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandamarieb View Post
Ladies - I just stumbled upon th emost amazing find. Too bad it's way out of my price range...but here's hoping you have seen something like this for far less than $500.

Essentially it's a wedding genelogy chart that goes up atthe reception. It links of all of your guests to you but this one does it on a vintage inspired map of constellations. How cool: Wedding Constellations Genealogy Chart NEW by melangerienyc

Hmm..anyone know an astronomer that could help me with this for less than $550? A girl can dream right?
That's so cool! I wonder why it is so expensive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by meghan View Post
What is everyone getting their maid of honours or bridesmaids for gifts?
I bought them their dresses (even though I didn't want to). Unfortunately I waited til the last minute and had to purchase something expensive. They are super cute though. I need to get them a few more small things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmc1105 View Post
Hey ladies!
I went to a Brides Against Breast Cancer event on Friday and ended up buying a dress! It was the first on I tried on, and my wedding is a year away. I loved the way the dress fit, but wasn't crazy about the neckline. The ladies told me that the top could be altered, but now I am having second thoughts!!!smile35.gif
Well, you can ALWAYS sell it, or wear it as a trash the dress. Just keep looking...you may not find anything you like better.

Quote:
I have just decided on Azul Sensatori! Yeah! Date June 11 2011. Right now we are getting the invite list together but trying to decide whether to send out save the dates and wanted to know what others have done for destination weddings. What else should I be doing? So clueless!
I did passport save the dates...here is a link to mine...sorry the pictures are not great but you get the idea.
http://bestdestinationwedding.com/fo...-resort-55483/

Quote:
I got them jewelry: cuff braceletts and earrings handmade for each of them to match their dresses, spa waffle weave towel wraps from Smarty Pants Boutique, orange leather luggage tags, and personalized compact mirrors. I think I am also going to get my sister who was my matron of honor a piece of nice jewelry as a thank you. Some of my bridesmaids did a lot more than others, but I felt bad if I didnt give them all the same thing.

D'oh! I bought a dress last July that everyone told me was the best one I tried on. I had second thoughts over Xmas and ordered another one and thats when I bought the dress I wore. I know they say to bring people to help you decide but I am better deciding by myself. Did you break the bank? There are nice knock off sites on this forum if you want to buy a less expensive gown and want to change from the one you just bought.
Great ideas!!

Quote:
It was my initial idea to just wait until I get the the resort and see what happens. Like I said, I don't HAVE to have them, just figured it would be a nice addition. Problem is, I was gonna pull the "you didn't tell me that card" because I have an email where I blatantly asked if I'd have to pay twice and she never answered me. She just re-quoted the price. I know it would be a long shot buy gotta try.

I would definitely say that if you go them for $5 that a GREAT deal. Mine were still $12 and she wouldn't budge on that. I hadn't gotten my TA involved because it wasn't that big of a deal for me. Figured I'd use negotiating power for stuff I can't live without.

I have her email address if you need it Amanda.

Amy, you guys really are having 3 weddings!! Jealous!!!

I've never been to either one, but my TA raved about AS and just didn't really have anything bad to say about DRC. Her enthusiasm sealed the deal for me.

Isn't there a cake place in Austin that's on Amazing Wedding Cakes? Not sure if they're wayyy overpriced, but I want to help and that's all I got. hug2.gif

I bought their shoes, flip flops for after the ceremony, jewelry for the ceremony, going to pay to get their makeup done and going to make them shirts when I come up with a good idea for them. I feel like I should do more, but don't have any really good ideas yet. Check out The Knot Shop. They usually have good sales. Tiffany jewelry sounds great but expensive. Maybe you can check out the clearance section at a really nice jewelry store in your area. Sometimes they have really nice options.

You can always re-sell the dress if you don't want to use it as a TTD, but just like AmyB said....don't settle.

cheer2.gif
I think the chairs will work out for you!!! I can't believe you already have your BM's gifts. Wow I a behind!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandamarieb View Post
girl! you need to slow down! you're making me feel very behind!
I know, I am getting married in 50 days and still have a lot more than that to do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboponthebeach View Post
Hey Lindz! I pm'ed you my email addy. Sorry, I've been MIA. Thank you soooooo much in advance!!!

Also, I LOVE your photos! Very chic and romantic! What a lifetime treat! :-)
Thanks girly! Good luck with email. Keep me posted!

Quote:
So, I'm gonna try this again.

These are the centerpieces my mom and I have been working on. Let me know what you think. Putting it in a Word doc was the only way I could make them fit.

Attachment 5147
BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Lindz,

Really cute pics and I like the movie you put together. Good job!! Oh, and I wanted to tell you I'm going stay @ The Roosevelt this weekend. I can't wait!!
AHHHH! You will love it!!! Let me know how it goes. The restaurant in there and the bar Sazerac are really cool too! The rooms are so vintagy and chic!

Quote:
Thanks for all the props on the banner ladies!! blush2.gif

Lindz, excellent job on your slideshow!! I love your choice in music. We got down to Ain't Life Grand at my wedding :)
Like I said, Panic is FI's fav band. He wants us to dance to Walkin. We will see! I do like the song...and the lyrics are sweet. It would be different, that's for sure!

Quote:
Does anyone have a wedding page that you have created that I could look at. I know there are free sites but need some suggestions.
www.lutznlindz.com I used weddingwindow.com. It is not free, but it is awesome!

Quote:

It will all work out. I promise! Just stay on top of these people and make as many calls as you can AND get everything in WRITING!!!!! I promise, it will be ok!!

Quote:

Amy - I remember this!!!! Thank you for the kind words and advice. I am going to PM you. I feel better today - I am going to do what I can but not go bananas. My WC already responded and apologized and promised I would have answers on all my emails today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefuturemrslutz View Post

It will all work out. I promise! Just stay on top of these people and make as many calls as you can AND get everything in WRITING!!!!! I promise, it will be ok!!
Thanks Linds. :)

Quote:

AmyB is right on all fronts about what she said. The best advice I can give is take a few deep breaths and know that you have a while to work this out. This is one of those situations that comes with a DW unfortunately. We've all suffered emergencies and setbacks and in the long run most everything works out. Feel confident knowing that you truly did your best!! You told your guests they needed to book right away b/c the resort is small and would sell out, and the rest is up to them. It's frustrating, I know, but the responsibility lies with your guests. We as brides can only do so much hand holding.

I can understand wanting to scream at your TA, but it's probably not her fault. AmyB is right in that it's CRAZY how they do the rooms. But it's not just Karisma resorts. The practice of delegating rooms to different tour operators is common to pretty much all of the resorts. At least the ones that use the tour operators and online engines like expedia, orbitz, etc. But this is also good news for you in that AB probably isn't truly sold out. Down the road rooms might become available.

You still have LOTS of time to work this out!! hug2.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefuturemrslutz View Post
I went for pleasure!!!! Ryan LOVES Widespread Panic, so we went for his birthday/Halloween to see them play. Austin was SO fab!!!

Like I said, Panic is FI's fav band. He wants us to dance to Walkin. We will see! I do like the song...and the lyrics are sweet. It would be different, that's for sure!
I was at those shows! Halloween last year at Austin Music Hall?

Haha, that would be funny to dance to that song. As your first dance? Kind of an awkward song for that! The lyrics are appropriate though. We danced to Ain't Life Grand for fun and just to boogie (and in honor of friends who couldn't be there that love that song), not as our first dance. We all like jam bands, though, so we had a few different tunes that the old folks weren't too sure about wink.gif