Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by amybermuda View Post
Amy was supposed to have the donkey - I am supposed to have him too. I picked the resort based on # of rooms, allowing children, and having a donkey w/ barrels of beer at the cocktail reception - and not necessarily in that order! HA!!!
I did have the donkey! People loved it, best decision by far! They were all blown away and petted him and gave him some attention, it was nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstinationdrmr View Post
Amy F, I'm glad you had a great time. I'm not your friend on Facebook so I'm DYING to see pics!!! CONGRATULATIONS again MRS!!
Add me! My name is Amy Fitch  My photog posted pics on his page Chris Schmitt Photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrommert View Post
Amy, How amazing! Im so happy for you!!! Who was your onsite coordinators? Was the pool warm/cold? (it was freezing when we were there) Was Mojoito bar the only bar/nightlife open while we were there... Thats all that was available while we were there and could never get a strait answer on the other bar being open(the teens club that sopposed to turn into a night club after 10pm, which never did sad.gif ) wish they could improve on that aspect...

I LOVE your pics and esp le blanc-----> how was that resorthuh.gifhuh.gif?
Irina & Liliana were my coordinators. They even set up tastings for both my signature drinks, loved it!

The pool was nice and warm, it was also pretty hot while we were out there.
You know, I didnâ€t check to see if the teens club was open, we always ended up crashing the adult swim up bar after hours and hanging out at Mojitoâ€s. Which did seem to be the only nightlife.

Thank you! I havenâ€t put up any pictures of my Le Blanc stay as of yet, that is an UNBELIEVABLE resort. Very chic and was the perfect spot to wind down. Our crowd wouldnâ€t have enjoyed it though, it has NO nightlife and itâ€s very quiet and peaceful, definitely not somewhere you could party all night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandamarieb View Post
Amy, this all sound so great! I am so happy for you! I saw the pictures and it looked like everyone had a blast. I cannot wait to hear your full review but in the meantime, I have a couple of questions.

How many guests did you have? (I think I'll have around 60 and was going to have the reception in the Zavaz plaza but your recpetion looked great...wondering if that's still an option and if I have too many people. I don't think my WC listed it as an option. Bummer.)

How did you like your DJ?

And the Mojito bar stays open that late? Did you just tip really well and they satyed?

Thanks!!!

And again. CONGRATS!
Thank you!

I had 35 guests and to be honest, I donâ€t know how I would have handled more than this, LOL!

Zavaz is much more open and more space. I donâ€t believe Zocalo al Fresco where I had mine is an option any longer and I donâ€t think 60 people would be comfortable there. Besides it would be much LESS hot at Zavaz since youâ€d have a breeze, we all were sweating to death on Zocalo but didnâ€t mind, we all did a pool after party @ midnight to cool off before heading to Mojitos.

I did like my DJ, he did all the announcing, very well, coordinated with everything, faded our first dance song perfectly, used all my dinner music suggestions and kept everyone dancing. I got really anal on my do not play list, they send you a huge spreadsheet of songs and I went through the whole thing but they played a few songs I asked not to play. No biggie, didnâ€t really affect anything.

They are open until 2am… but my brilliant MOH & her husband took note of what we were all drinking and ordered 14 drinks which they brought out to us on a tray and let us hang out there as long as we wanted (4:30am) we didnâ€t have to tip well, they are just really lax about that stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorwd View Post
I love hearing about your wedding! More, more!!
Hahaha! Oh man, I need to think!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allisa View Post
Hey Amy... Long time since I've dropped by the site. It was great to see you have tied the knot. Your photo is beautiful and I'm so glad your day was everything you hoped for!
xo
Allisa
Hi Allisa!! So nice to hear from you :)

Thank you so much, I had an unbelievable wedding!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amybermuda View Post
I know! Its so exciting when someone comes back. Its awesome that everyone lately has been over the moon.

Are there iPod radios in everyone's rooms? I think I read that on Trip Advisor and I am telling everyone that they dont need to bring their speakers but..

OMG Amy - 4am - thats awesome! Did you ever have a late night session on the beach drinking? Wondering if the resort is cool with that?
I know, newlywed reviews are the best, I thought about you girls along every step just so excited to share good news, especially you girls with less than 2 WEEKS to go!

There are iPod's in everyones room like Wendy mentioned, everytime I went in someone's room they were playing music on them and never heard that they didn't work.

We did Adult swim up bar and Mojito lounge and they never cared, they are pretty easy going there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieandJay View Post
CONGRATS and welcome back! Can't wait to hear all about it!!!!!
Thank you!! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenHeart View Post
Add me! My name is Amy Fitch  My photog posted pics on his page Chris Schmitt Photography
I don't see them on either his website or his blog. I'm DYING to see some!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenHeart View Post
I did have the donkey! People loved it, best decision by far! They were all blown away and petted him and gave him some attention, it was nice.



Add me! My name is Amy Fitch  My photog posted pics on his page Chris Schmitt Photography



Irina & Liliana were my coordinators. They even set up tastings for both my signature drinks, loved it!


I had 35 guests and to be honest, I donâ€t know how I would have handled more than this, LOL!

Zavaz is much more open and more space. I donâ€t believe Zocalo al Fresco where I had mine is an option any longer and I donâ€t think 60 people would be comfortable there. Besides it would be much LESS hot at Zavaz since youâ€d have a breeze, we all were sweating to death on Zocalo but didnâ€t mind, we all did a pool after party @ midnight to cool off before heading to Mojitos.

I did like my DJ, he did all the announcing, very well, coordinated with everything, faded our first dance song perfectly, used all my dinner music suggestions and kept everyone dancing. I got really anal on my do not play list, they send you a huge spreadsheet of songs and I went through the whole thing but they played a few songs I asked not to play. No biggie, didnâ€t really affect anything.

They are open until 2am… but my brilliant MOH & her husband took note of what we were all drinking and ordered 14 drinks which they brought out to us on a tray and let us hang out there as long as we wanted (4:30am) we didnâ€t have to tip well, they are just really lax about that stuff.
Thanks for all the info! I hope, hope, hope the donkey is still available at some capacity, my FI and I were so excited about this! worried2.gif I am glad they gave you a tastetesting for the signature drinks - we were wondering about this too! I second the 'I am dying to see more pics and hear more'! Welcome back! I am so glad everything went so well!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorwd View Post
I don't see them on either his website or his blog. I'm DYING to see some!!
They are on his FB page!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkf1046 View Post
Thanks for all the info! I hope, hope, hope the donkey is still available at some capacity, my FI and I were so excited about this! worried2.gif I am glad they gave you a tastetesting for the signature drinks - we were wondering about this too! I second the 'I am dying to see more pics and hear more'! Welcome back! I am so glad everything went so well!!!!!
I'm not totally positive on the donkey, they orginally said no donkey to me onsite and before I could object they said, wait, no you do have the donkey.

Check out Chris Schmitt Photography on FB or friend me!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by amybermuda View Post
I included a schedule with "date" "time" & "place" for every activity in my OOT bag. I even broke out the ceremony, cocktails, & dinner reception on wedding day so every one knew there were 3 things and know where they are being held.



I used Publisher to create a brochure thanking people for booking and list of what we were doing and websites for them to check out. It was cute and got people very excited. I also sent it to slackers who had not booked yet but were definitely coming to get them excited to book.



I used a company that works with lots of tour operators to do a day trip: zip line, ruins tour, and snorkleing in centoes. Its $93/pp and includes lunch and transport. I think its 5 or 6 hours. Her email is Susan Vincil_CancunAndRivieraMaya.com

I also used them to book 2 vans to take us into Cancun one night to go clubbing. They are picking us up at 11pm and 2 am (depending on when people are ready to go back to the hotel) .

I also used Paradise Catamarans - if you are booking this I would call/email right away. A ton of girls on this site are using them. Just to be safe to get your date.



I just got teary reading that! Welcome back Amy. You were dearly missed!!! Congratulations. You deserved to be worry free and have the best day ever!!!!
How long did you notify your guests of your activites before you booked the vans? Did you have everyone confirmed or are you basing it on an approximate number? I still have quite a while (December) but have been struggling with how soon before the wedding should I start asking people if they are participating in any activities we have planned. So excited for you - you are sooooo close!!!!pinkie.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkf1046 View Post
How long did you notify your guests of your activites before you booked the vans? Did you have everyone confirmed or are you basing it on an approximate number? I still have quite a while (December) but have been struggling with how soon before the wedding should I start asking people if they are participating in any activities we have planned. So excited for you - you are sooooo close!!!!pinkie.gif
I sent the brochure in November and I booked in January. You dont need a final count until 24 hours before the events. The vans I guessed on how many I needed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wanted to pass along some little tidbits of advice I got from some of my married friends that really helped me with my wedding day!

 

Some not so glamorous advice... I had a bride friend suggest taking some Tylenol PM the night before the wedding to get a good nightâ€s rest. I am the epitome of "too excited to sleep" so I took this and got a solid 8 hours of rest and felt fresh and energized all day long on my wedding, some of the best advice I've ever gotten.

 

Another piece of advice was to not lose track of hubby for too long during the reception. We go to parties and social events and we basically arrive together and leave together and that it, so remembering to break that habit on my wedding day was something I was so grateful for. We danced, drank and enjoyed the night together without missing out on the separate mingling every once in awhile.

 

Also, no matter what. Do not worry about ANYONE else except you and your soon to be husband on your wedding day. My wedding day was EXTREMELY stressful leading up to the ceremony. Just sit back, get ready and don't freak out. Don't worry about anyone but yourself all night long and you'll be fine.

 

Just so you know, this is why I freaked wedding day before the ceremony. Friday actually forgot to put sunscreen on my face... I burn especially in that heat and I got to my room to shower and get ready for the rehearsal dinner and see my face all burnt. Nose red, forehead red with a nice little white shape of sunglasses over my eyes. I had a freaking meltdown... I started doing my makeup and I had so much different cover-up on it started caking so I had to wash my face and start over which made it more red and this is on my wedding day. So my girls took me on the patio, handed me champagne and a cigarette, put a wet cloth on my face and just changed the subject. I calmed down after that and my MOH actually found some green red reducing makeup that saved the day and my face. I just can't believe I did that... oh man, I worked out but wow what a heart attack.

 

So don't be so excited to go to the pool that you sunscreen your entire body except your face smile105.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenHeart View Post
I wanted to pass along some little tidbits of advice I got from some of my married friends that really helped me with my wedding day!

Some not so glamorous advice... I had a bride friend suggest taking some Tylenol PM the night before the wedding to get a good nightâ€s rest. I am the epitome of "too excited to sleep" so I took this and got a solid 8 hours of rest and felt fresh and energized all day long on my wedding, some of the best advice I've ever gotten.

Another piece of advice was to not lose track of hubby for too long during the reception. We go to parties and social events and we basically arrive together and leave together and that it, so remembering to break that habit on my wedding day was something I was so grateful for. We danced, drank and enjoyed the night together without missing out on the separate mingling every once in awhile.

Also, no matter what. Do not worry about ANYONE else except you and your soon to be husband on your wedding day. My wedding day was EXTREMELY stressful leading up to the ceremony. Just sit back, get ready and don't freak out. Don't worry about anyone but yourself all night long and you'll be fine.

Just so you know, this is why I freaked wedding day before the ceremony. Friday actually forgot to put sunscreen on my face... I burn especially in that heat and I got to my room to shower and get ready for the rehearsal dinner and see my face all burnt. Nose red, forehead red with a nice little white shape of sunglasses over my eyes. I had a freaking meltdown... I started doing my makeup and I had so much different cover-up on it started caking so I had to wash my face and start over which made it more red and this is on my wedding day. So my girls took me on the patio, handed me champagne and a cigarette, put a wet cloth on my face and just changed the subject. I calmed down after that and my MOH actually found some green red reducing makeup that saved the day and my face. I just can't believe I did that... oh man, I worked out but wow what a heart attack.

So don't be so excited to go to the pool that you sunscreen your entire body except your face smile105.gif
Ha. Too funny. I was thinking about that because I will be there 5 whole days before the wedding. I want to have a nice glow but don't want to be too tan. Like a Jersey Shore Bride or something. :)

Glad it all worked out and great save on the green make-up. Wherever did you find that down there?

Also, great advice and some I will try to keep in mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Very thought provoking article it really helped me set up my strategies regarding. READ MORE : Login to Hotmail, Outlook using a Windows or Mac web browser Launch your web browser and login: Firstly, you need to launch your Windows or Mac web browser. Once you have successfully done so, go to the Hotmail sign in page:  http://hotmailaccount1811.blogspot.com Enter your email address and password: Once you have reached the Outlook sign-in page, you need to enter your Hotmail email address followed by your password then click Next. Congratulations, you have signed in: On the next page, select Sign In. Feel free to explore the services that are available to 
    • OMG these are incredible! Seriously blown away by the thoughtful detail you have put into every aspect of your gifts, your guests are going to be amazed! Props to you for adding so many personal touches and putting in so much time to make these gifts amazing!
    • These bags are amazing!! You are so organized and detailed, I am so impressed! I LOVE the Vistaprint stuff you ordered, the logo is so cute, I love your personalization!
    • I love etsy!! It's a great place to find personalized gifts without such a hefty price tag. I was thinking of getting my bridesmaids personalized necklaces with their names on them. I found these ones that are affordable and you can pick the chain length and different fonts, so you can really make them your own and pick what you know each bridesmaid will want. https://www.etsy.com/listing/595334072/personalized-name-necklace-stainless?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=personalized necklace&ref=sc_gallery-3-9&plkey=a8662525c53ec285c1b46b0f308162d0591edff8:595334072
    • Hi everyone, I am so happy that I am getting married to the love of my life. He proposed me and we are getting married within in a couple of months. And I have started preparations for my big day. I am super excited about a lot of things and also worried about many things.I have some inhibitions about my face and skin. Since I am a working woman, I have never got much time for personal care. This is the right time for it now. I need  proper medical grade skin care. Want to improve my skin tone and texture  I read some details about it here, https://www.mcleanclinic.com/nonsurgical-procedures/non-surgical/skin-care/, and found it really helpful. Can anyone of you suggest me some more tips? Like what I can do at home to have a glow on my face?  Thanks in advance.
  • Topics

×