Quote:
Originally Posted by Lecreatifbride View Post
To jam or not to jam.... who used the iPod docking rental vs the DJ rental at Azul? Pros... Cons....?
We used their sound system and iTunes. Worked out great! One of our guests queued the special songs (first dance, father/daughter, cake cutting) and changed the music from dinner to dancing. Other than that, the music just played! Our guests liked being able to go up to our laptop, check out our playlist, and then choose a song if they wanted to.

However, we didn't have much of a dancing crowd, and we knew it would be that way. It was mostly DH and I with our siblings/spouses up dancing. If we'd had a crowd that was really into dancing, we would have considered splurging on the DJ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amybermuda View Post
Oh wow Katie, you are getting me so excited :) Congrats on getting so much done over the weekend.

I leave in 4 weeks from today!!! woooo hoooooo

Here is my inspiration I got from the Knot.
Click the image to open in full size.
I'm excited for you ladies!!!! My turn is over but it still gives me goosebumps thinking about you all jetting off to your weddings!

Amy, love the programs!

AmyB, do you have a template for those programs? That was the idea I was going for also, but I am having trouble creating it!

This past weekend was uber-successful! I found outfits for all of the guys, woohoo! Now I have faith that they have something to wear--I didn't trust them to go get something on their own, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenHeart View Post
I'm using a DJ for dinner reception, iPod for cocktail hour.

I was trying to figure out who I could give the all important task of maning the iPod or changing a song when needed etc. I didn't feel it was fair and I know once drinks start flowing, someone will forget, or be in the bathroom and I didn't want to have to worry about it. Besides I wanted announcing done, comes with a microphone and the DJ said he could play whatever we wanted, even if he didn't have it he said to just hand him the iPod the song is on and no problem :)
I agree, I did not want to give the music task to someone. I am concerned about the DJ not speaking English, so I am going to get my brother to be the MC - just announce the speeches, cake, first dances, and our entrance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by renee1811 View Post
AmyB, do you have a template for those programs? That was the idea I was going for also, but I am having trouble creating it!
Not really. I am only doing 1 piece of paper cut into 2 and another cut into 4 - so a long rectangle and a square on top. I just don't have that much material to put into a program since I already did a Whos Who booklet, Welcome letter, and schedule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amybermuda View Post
I agree, I did not want to give the music task to someone. I am concerned about the DJ not speaking English, so I am going to get my brother to be the MC - just announce the speeches, cake, first dances, and our entrance!
I was told my DJ does speak English and will do all the MCing, I have one of my groomsmen to do it as the backup :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chong View Post
Hi. My name is Chong. My fiance Darryl and I are getting marry at Azul Sensatori on October 10, 2010!!! I need some help planning the wedding. I have no idea where to start :) setup, music, photographer, reception, welcoming bags... there is just too much. anyone would like to share some pointers? greatly appreciate it/ thewave.gif
Hi Chong! We have the same wedding date! I guess we'll be bride buddies. I'm getting married at 4:30 on the Sky Deck, how about you?

Just wondering how long ago you booked? If it was very recent I think that there may be a third wedding that day as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstinationdrmr View Post
Hey, I think we're doing our wedding and reception at the same locations. Aren't you doing the Sky Wedding? I just added it to my detail sheet last week. It took a long time to decide if that's what we wanted to do (considering the extra $ involved) but I just really love it. Do you have pics of the Terrace that you can send me? Cecile, my coordinator sent me some but I just can't really get a good idea of the setting.
If you google "photos of Sky Deck" "Azul Sensatori" or just "Sky Terrace Azul Sensatori" a lot of people's wedding photos pop up. You should get a better idea of the location from there. At least I did. One couple who used Elizabeth Medina (photog) has some great pics on her site of the space.

I know a lot of y'all are doing group excursions, and I'm trying to get one organized, but am having trouble! A lot of our guests are only staying three nights, so if we do an excursion, I want it to be interesting and appeal to a lot of different people. Thoughts?!

I am looking at Edventure Tours--http://www.edventuretours.com.mx/home/tours.htm. I like it because people can add on with what they want, and it covers ziplines, snorkeling, Tulum ruins, and private transportation.

Or I was also thinking about Xcaret or Xplor. Any thoughts either way on these ideas?