Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefuturemrslutz View Post
update on my to'do's!!
1) Send email to initial RSVPs to call TA by April 20th DONE
2) Get custom measurements for my dress DONE
3) Bridesmaid's dresses DONE
4) GM attire
5) Pick out invitations
6) Book flights/hotel for BD, engagement shoots in New Orleans! DONE
7) Lose 5 lbs! DONE but need to lose 5 more
MAJOR diet and workout for the next 4 weeks!! IN THE PROCESS
9) Book photographer's trip to Cancun
10) Book our trip PUT DOWN DEPOSIT
11) Shop for lingerie/clothes for BD/engagement shoot
12) DJ research

I see you're doing your BD shoot here in New Orleans. Who's doing them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by GroomsArePeopleToo View Post
dstinationdrmr,

Wow! I'm sure all your plans will come together, best wishes.
I will be shooting Wendy's wedding this coming week. Watch for links
to check out the images. Let me know if I can help.

Thanks! I actually looked at your site and saw your work when she recommeded you on an earlier post. I do like what you do. Problem is, we are soooo over our budget we are probably going to have to stick with the sucky options that the resort offers. frown.gif I will keep an eye out for those pics tho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstinationdrmr View Post
Thanks! I actually looked at your site and saw your work when she recommeded you on an earlier post. I do like what you do. Problem is, we are soooo over our budget we are probably going to have to stick with the sucky options that the resort offers. frown.gif I will keep an eye out for those pics tho.
I understand and respect that. Keep me in mind if things change. I do have the benefit of not needing to stay at the resort, but there still is the vendor fee.
If I book something else during the same time frame there is always the option of "Day After" shoot too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by GroomsArePeopleToo View Post
I understand and respect that. Keep me in mind if things change. I do have the benefit of not needing to stay at the resort, but there still is the vendor fee.
If I book something else during the same time frame there is always the option of "Day After" shoot too.

Ok, thanks! I'm crossing my fingers that more money will mysteriously appear (preferably from his parents, lol). But I will definitely keep you in mind. In the meantime, can you send me your pricing info? I'll show my fiance your work and see if he'll budge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good morning ladies :)

 

I am on cloud 9!!! I had THE most amazing night at my hen do on Saturday. I still can't stop grinning and my voice is almost non-existent! but it was just what I needed. A night out with amazing friends and no stresses, just relaxing and having a good time (and getting drunk! lol). the night wasn't without it's dramas but it was brilliant nevertheless. got back to my friends at about 4.30am and think we went to bed about 5.30am haha love it!

 

pics are on my facebook for those who want to see (and still other people's pictures to come). sorry I'm at work now and am strapped for time to try and get them onto photobucket and then copy links etc etc (yep, I'm being lazy!! lol)

 

the dress I ended up wearing was one I ordered after complaining to the company that sent me the wrong one. They gave me a full refund for the other dress, including my cost of next day delivery, and gave me 10% off the new dress I ordered and sent it next day delivery free of charge :)

 

My BF (the one who pulled out of Mexico) turned up late sad.gif she (and her mate) didn't even make it to the meal, and got to the club about 11pm. I should be bothered (everyone else there was) but I decided that if I did, it would only ruin my night and I didn't want anything to do that so I just accepted it and moved on, but the things are being stored in the back of my mind until after the wedding!

 

I had my hair trial on Saturday too and I will upload the pics on here because I was soooo happy with it. now all I have to do is pray the stylists at the hotel can recreate it! good thing is, that hairstyle then also formed the basis for my hair for my hen night (my hairdresser just took the tiara out and let most of the curls out so I had a half-up, half-down do)

 

I also took my engagement ring into the jewellars yesterday to get some scratches buffed out before the wedding....so now I am weirdly engagement-ring-less. I have moved my ring from my right hand there instead so I at least have something.

 

can't believe the weekend's over already....now no more time off until we actually fly out. 3 full weeks left of work!!!!!!!!!! and then 3 weeks off!! woooooooooo!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm really sorry to those of you that have been having a tough time of it of late. it seems to be the way a lot of us are feeling at the moment. I thought I was doing alright until I got sent the wrong dress and that just pushed me right over the edge. I was obviously stressed about everything but had been hiding it...then it took for one thing to go wrong and I was a state. good news is, it seems like a totally normal thing to be going through. and emotions is one of those things you just have to go with....so don't feel bad for feeling how you're feeling girls - it's the whole journey that makes this so rewarding when we get there.

 

and the same goes for those arguing with their FI. those who've been on this thread longer may remember there was a load of us who seemed - all at the same time - to be having huge major rows with FIs and we all had had to have 'the talk' and assess if we were making the right decisions. I'm not saying it's easy, just that it's normal and try not to think too much of it. sometimes we need to have these to get things off our chest and remember why we love each other and are doing what we're doing.

 

As for those with problems with 'friends', if my night on Saturday taught me anything, it was who are real friends and how precious they are...those are the ones that matter. this wedding has brought a lot of things into perspective and shown people in a different light (whether that be a better one or worse one). I know which I will make more effort with and treasure more, and those that will probably just become a name on the Christmas card list :)

 

sorry for the general response smile124.gif popcorn.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Katie~ View Post
Good morning ladies :)

I am on cloud 9!!! I had THE most amazing night at my hen do on Saturday. I still can't stop grinning and my voice is almost non-existent! but it was just what I needed. A night out with amazing friends and no stresses, just relaxing and having a good time (and getting drunk! lol). the night wasn't without it's dramas but it was brilliant nevertheless. got back to my friends at about 4.30am and think we went to bed about 5.30am haha love it!

pics are on my facebook for those who want to see (and still other people's pictures to come). sorry I'm at work now and am strapped for time to try and get them onto photobucket and then copy links etc etc (yep, I'm being lazy!! lol)

the dress I ended up wearing was one I ordered after complaining to the company that sent me the wrong one. They gave me a full refund for the other dress, including my cost of next day delivery, and gave me 10% off the new dress I ordered and sent it next day delivery free of charge :)

My BF (the one who pulled out of Mexico) turned up late sad.gif she (and her mate) didn't even make it to the meal, and got to the club about 11pm. I should be bothered (everyone else there was) but I decided that if I did, it would only ruin my night and I didn't want anything to do that so I just accepted it and moved on, but the things are being stored in the back of my mind until after the wedding!

I had my hair trial on Saturday too and I will upload the pics on here because I was soooo happy with it. now all I have to do is pray the stylists at the hotel can recreate it! good thing is, that hairstyle then also formed the basis for my hair for my hen night (my hairdresser just took the tiara out and let most of the curls out so I had a half-up, half-down do)

I also took my engagement ring into the jewellars yesterday to get some scratches buffed out before the wedding....so now I am weirdly engagement-ring-less. I have moved my ring from my right hand there instead so I at least have something.

can't believe the weekend's over already....now no more time off until we actually fly out. 3 full weeks left of work!!!!!!!!!! and then 3 weeks off!! woooooooooo!
Katie, sounds like it was an awesome evening! So happy for you that it all turned out :) And I think that was great that you moved on from the girl who showed up late and tried to not let it get to you...I know that can be hard to do. I'm so excited for you that you are leaving in 3 weeks! YAY!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstinationdrmr View Post
I see you're doing your BD shoot here in New Orleans. Who's doing them?
I am actually flying my photographer in. Should be a fun weekend...Boudoir shoot, engagement pics, and Jazz Fest!!! Whoo hoo!! My FI's brother and fiance live in Nola. It is definitely one of our favorite places...we go about 10 times a year. HOw long have you lived there? Do you love it? Any suggestions for some cool picture spots? We were thinking some in the Quarter/Jackson square, some on the street car to Uptown/Garden District, and then some at the Columns hotel, etc down there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolo View Post
Amy KH
I feel your pain!! I felt the same way,don't worry everything will be awesome!!
Just try not to worry too much about little details because you will set yourself up for major stress! Nothing is ever perfect anyway, no matter what they saysmile105.gif
Memories are what we make themsmile03.gif
It will be amazing!!!
Your posts are so positive! Thanks for helping us girls out!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×