Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Man, today is just a bummer of a day! FI and I have been fighting since last night, mostly about his Best Man. Loooooong story! Not having to do with the fight, but his BM still doesn't have his outfit yet (!!!!) and they just emailed me pics of the shirt he picked out. IMO it's way too casual. He'll be the odd man out if he wears it.

 

And now I just checked the weather for next week and it's rain every day! with 60% chance on our wedding day. GRRRRRRRRR!!!! One reason we picked April was because it's one of the months with the lowest rainfall. I know I shouldn't worry about weather a week away since it's always changing but still GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! angry.gifangry.gifangry.gifangry.gifangry.gifangry.gif

 

I am just generally pissed off today!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wendy - Man I know how it is, FI and I got into a 3-day fight regarding his Best Man. With regard to the outfit, would you be able to just pick it our for him and him pay for it? It sucks and it's a PITA but it may be better to just ensure he doesn't stand our or look odd. After contemplating this for a long time, I decided to have the boys rent suits and I went and picked them out and pre-paid for it. That doesn't mean that no drama will result but less anyways, I bit the bullet and figured it would just be easiest and hey, there's your gift, enjoy.

 

I'm having a terrible day too, I feel a slight cold coming on, I was 45 minutes late to work this morning (I'm NEVER late, always early in fact) and it's the slowest day in the world today... I have no one helping me with wedding stuff all of a sudden when I need it most and I'm supposed to go out to my 2 BF's birthday party tonight and that's the LAST thing I wanna do... whoa, sorry for the vent.

 

Ok as for weather, it's really never set in stone, it sounds weird but just try and keep positive thoughts and just decide it's not going to rain on your wedding day! I am sending you positive thoughts too, mustering up whatever I can, hahaha!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtymartini View Post
Ok, so Azul Beach brides:

Where is everyone having their ceremony and reception? I haven't visited the site yet so I don't know what the best options are. I'd love a ceremony in the sand but then not sure where I want to do the reception & dancing. Any suggestions?

My FI is a DJ, so we're probably going to just bring his ipod for the reception, but the ipod dock rental is the price that he paid to BUY the same thing! So, maybe we'll just bring that down too, but with baggage fees and all of the other stuff we have coming down, I am getting nervous!
Sara, most brides at AB have their ceremony on the beach. Since the resort is so small, there aren't many options. We were adamant from the beginning that we didn't want to be on the sand, so after much arguing (because they sent us deceptive pictures of the location we'd chosen), they found a grassy area for us. It's not my ideal setting but it'll work.

For reception options, you'll need to email your WC to find out which areas are available to you. Karisma has recently changed what the options are for their private receptions, plus the location also depends on the number of people you have going. Some of the areas, like the Wave Lounge, can only accommodate a small number of people for a sit-down dinner.

You should look up reviews on here about bringing your own Ipod docking station. Some say it worked out okay for them, others say that with breezes and ocean sounds, they couldn't get their music loud enough. We're renting their sound system and playing music directly from our laptop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorwd View Post
Man, today is just a bummer of a day! FI and I have been fighting since last night, mostly about his Best Man. Loooooong story! Not having to do with the fight, but his BM still doesn't have his outfit yet (!!!!) and they just emailed me pics of the shirt he picked out. IMO it's way too casual. He'll be the odd man out if he wears it.

And now I just checked the weather for next week and it's rain every day! with 60% chance on our wedding day. GRRRRRRRRR!!!! One reason we picked April was because it's one of the months with the lowest rainfall. I know I shouldn't worry about weather a week away since it's always changing but still GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! angry.gifangry.gifangry.gifangry.gifangry.gifangry.gif

I am just generally pissed off today!
Oh Wendy :-( From living in a tropical setting as well - the chance of rain here is 60% almost every single day. If you looked at weather.com it would show rainy every day. partly cloudy w/ chance of rain to be more exact. Believe me, that will change once you get down there. They cannot predict the weather that far out in Mexico b/c its on a peninsula and right on the water.

If you follow the weather, you will see one day is 60% rain and the neext day - look up what the rainfall was - usually its 0.01" or even 0.00"... so yeah it rained - but it was just a passing shower where you duck and cover for 10 mins as it passes over you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenHeart View Post
Wendy - Man I know how it is, FI and I got into a 3-day fight regarding his Best Man. With regard to the outfit, would you be able to just pick it our for him and him pay for it? It sucks and it's a PITA but it may be better to just ensure he doesn't stand our or look odd. After contemplating this for a long time, I decided to have the boys rent suits and I went and picked them out and pre-paid for it. That doesn't mean that no drama will result but less anyways, I bit the bullet and figured it would just be easiest and hey, there's your gift, enjoy.

I'm having a terrible day too, I feel a slight cold coming on, I was 45 minutes late to work this morning (I'm NEVER late, always early in fact) and it's the slowest day in the world today... I have no one helping me with wedding stuff all of a sudden when I need it most and I'm supposed to go out to my 2 BF's birthday party tonight and that's the LAST thing I wanna do... whoa, sorry for the vent.

Ok as for weather, it's really never set in stone, it sounds weird but just try and keep positive thoughts and just decide it's not going to rain on your wedding day! I am sending you positive thoughts too, mustering up whatever I can, hahaha!
Oh no, we'll just have to send positive thoughts each other's ways since we're both having bad days!!!

I would have been fine with getting the BM his outfit, say 2 months ago when it first went on FIs to do list. But I have NO TIME the weekend before we leave!! I really mean no time. I think that's one reason I'm so pissed off. I could easily have taken care of this a while back and now I don't even have time to think about it. voodoo.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by amybermuda View Post
Oh Wendy :-( From living in a tropical setting as well - the chance of rain here is 60% almost every single day. If you looked at weather.com it would show rainy every day. partly cloudy w/ chance of rain to be more exact. Believe me, that will change once you get down there. They cannot predict the weather that far out in Mexico b/c its on a peninsula and right on the water.

If you follow the weather, you will see one day is 60% rain and the neext day - look up what the rainfall was - usually its 0.01" or even 0.00"... so yeah it rained - but it was just a passing shower where you duck and cover for 10 mins as it passes over you.
smile03.gifsmile03.gif That makes me feel better, thanks!

I know I really shouldn't worry about weather a week away, but it's just a bad day overall so I'm extra sensitive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorwd View Post
For reception options, you'll need to email your WC to find out which areas are available to you. Karisma has recently changed what the options are for their private receptions, plus the location also depends on the number of people you have going. Some of the areas, like the Wave Lounge, can only accommodate a small number of people for a sit-down dinner.
We're having around 40-45 people. For now anyway, who knows who will back out by November!


Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorwd View Post
You should look up reviews on here about bringing your own Ipod docking station. Some say it worked out okay for them, others say that with breezes and ocean sounds, they couldn't get their music loud enough. We're renting their sound system and playing music directly from our laptop.
I will, thanks. My FI has the same ipod dock that they rent out, it's really good but I'll look into in more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenHeart View Post
I'm having a terrible day too, I feel a slight cold coming on, I was 45 minutes late to work this morning (I'm NEVER late, always early in fact) and it's the slowest day in the world today... I have no one helping me with wedding stuff all of a sudden when I need it most and I'm supposed to go out to my 2 BF's birthday party tonight and that's the LAST thing I wanna do... whoa, sorry for the vent.
Amy - I have a new miracle cure. Its raw apple cider vinegar. 1Tbs morning, afternoon, and night diluted in 8oz of water. Its kinda good actually - LOL - but I have been fighting a cold and it has not gotten worse when usually I end up with full blown bronchitis. Anyways, google it if you have not heard about it _ I am using it to detox after the bachelorette weekend :)

I hope you feel better soon :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorwd View Post
so I'm extra sensitive.
This whole wedding thing has made me extra sensitive too !!! I use it as an excuse though. Can one of the other groomsmen tell the best man what they are wearing? Or one of the men in your family attending?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by amybermuda View Post
Amy - I have a new miracle cure. Its raw apple cider vinegar. 1Tbs morning, afternoon, and night diluted in 8oz of water. Its kinda good actually - LOL - but I have been fighting a cold and it has not gotten worse when usually I end up with full blown bronchitis. Anyways, google it if you have not heard about it _ I am using it to detox after the bachelorette weekend :)

I hope you feel better soon :)
I'm gonna try it! Thank you :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amybermuda View Post
This whole wedding thing has made me extra sensitive too !!! I use it as an excuse though. Can one of the other groomsmen tell the best man what they are wearing? Or one of the men in your family attending?
I am so sensative at the moment I don't even want to see anyone, it's ridiculous and I'm sick of people talking about my wedding for some reason. I know I am being dumb too but I wish had just eloped at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • we ended up using Facebook messenger when we were in Mexico - the hotel had free wifi and at least 1 person from each family/couple had FB on their phone already - it was pretty easy to communicate among guests "hey, we're heading to the beach bbq for lunch." or "everyone is hanging at the small pool today".  a plus was that some people tried to get a hold of me via FB on the day of the wedding and I was totally not checking my phone - they were asking if the wedding was outside given the rain forecast, thankful my mom, MOH and a few other friends were on the group and could respond for me :) 
    • Are you looking for a guide where you’ll find many tips and steps to follow to make your wedding a success? We design a special for you, where you will find: Photography Tips To-Do List Check list How to choose the best dress? Memories and invitations And much more! Download it now for free from: http://emweddings.com/WeddingGuide/index.html     Don’t stress. Enjoy every moment, tomorrow will be your best memories. See you soon!
    • Another option is to find an app that allows for group talk. This Wedding Party App looks pretty neat. https://apracticalwedding.com/wedding-party-app/ 
    • Hi Everyone, So, I was cleaning out my closet and realized that I never sold off my extra wedding OOT bag stuff from our wonderful DW.   46 Daily Spanish for Dummies 30 Pool colored OOT fabric bags - approximately 13in x 13in. They lay flat.  I used them for our wedding and they were perfect for everything we needed to fit in each bag. There’s a slight shade variation in the group; I’m guessing some were cut from a different bolt of fabric.  They are also a little wrinkled from storage and will probably be wrinkled from shipping. I have three additional ones, but they somehow got something on them (likely toddler related). If needed, I can try to wash it out and send those as well. 
    • I’m getting married in six months to my foreign girlfriend. I was advised by a friend that one of the things I need to do before saying I do is to get a prenuptial agreement. Basically it’s supposed to protect my assets and properties in case my relationship with my future wife goes down the drain. I don’t know though if this is an acceptable practice when marrying Kiev ladies. I don’t want to do it if it would be insulting on her end. I need advice on this. Please help me.
  • Topics

×