Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenHeart View Post
Sorry to jump in on Wendy's question here, I also have a signature cocktail and I just asked my coordinator if I could have one and just give her the recipe. She checked and got the approval from onsite. I then made a girls evening out of it and made 3 different pitchers of cocktails and we tried them all and picked our favorite, then I sent my WC the recipe.

I also have a signature drink for the Sky Deck I created as well for the welcome cocktail.
Glad to hear about the signature cocktail!! I was hoping to have one but wasn't sure about how to handle it logistically. Now to figure out what to serve!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hey girls :)

 

I feel I need to apologise - I don't seem to have been on here much and giving people support as much as usual....getting so close to the wedding, the list of things to do is getting longer and more urgent!

 

I have been off work yesterday and today - yesterday I just couldn't get myself going lol so I did loads today instead!

 

1. went through all your kind posts and messages about my pics and used that as a guidance as to which ones to pick (this did take a lot of time as I'm sad and did write out all the numbers and tallied up which ones people had voted for so I could see which were clear winners!! lol - yes I'm a geek!!).

2. came up with 12 pics I really wanted and messaged my photog back and added comments on all of them as to what I want her to do with them!

3. tried to find out once and for all what the hell we need in order to make sure our marriage is legal - there and back here (closer we get, the more I'm worrying about this). so I phoned the Mexican embassy in the UK and asked their advice. they gave me the number for the Mexican consulate and website - for any UK brides, this is really useful. so spoke to them and got all the info I needed :) feel much better now.

4. phoned our TA wedding team to confirm they agreed with the Mexican consulate...they're requirements were a little different but they're looking into checking it out to update their records. also got confirmation that we don't need to do anything to the marriage certificate out in Mexico. and it's legal here in the Uk without us doing anything. but we can get it officially translated when we get back and register it here so they have a copy.

5. also spoke to the TA wedding team about my dress - they no longer allow anyone to carry a dress on, and all wedding dresses must be packed in a 55x40x20 cm box and weigh less than 5kg (shame the wedding dress shop can't/won't/don't know how much my dress weighs!) so now I need to find a box and somewhere that will pack it for me.

6. researched and bought name cards for AHR

7. researched and bought favour gift bags for AHR

8. found somewhere to hire a cake stand for AHR :)

9. tried to confirm dates and details with reception venue but no-one answered - left a message and waiting for someone to call me back.

 

PHEW! I'm shattered!! lol

 

hope everyone's going good with their lists....

 

this is all starting to feel very real now. 32 days now until we fly out and 37 days until we get married!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tomorrow i'll be able to say 'I'm getting married next month!!'

 

Amy, I love that you're packing already! I haven't even had time to think about that - I'm impressed!

 

much love girlies smile03.gif bootyshake.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenHeart View Post
Sorry to jump in on Wendy's question here, I also have a signature cocktail and I just asked my coordinator if I could have one and just give her the recipe. She checked and got the approval from onsite. I then made a girls evening out of it and made 3 different pitchers of cocktails and we tried them all and picked our favorite, then I sent my WC the recipe.

I also have a signature drink for the Sky Deck I created as well for the welcome cocktail.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenHeart View Post
I have the Sweet Free Wedding Package and the Sky Deck. I've been planning my wedding for over 2 years now and was looking into AS before it was even built, LOL! That package is no longer available but the Pearl seems most comprable to the Free as in I decided to build mine from the ground up.

I am brining real touch flower for my centerpieces since they are submerged orchid stems with a floating candle on top and I am renting the vases from them. They quoted be $400 per table for 3 orchid stems and vases so I opted to bring my own orchids, much cheaper.
Thanks for the info on the package. I just started researching the real touch flowers - they look like a GREAT alternative...How much did it cost to rent the vases? Are you having multiple vases per table or one per table?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Katie~ View Post
hey girls :)

I feel I need to apologise - I don't seem to have been on here much and giving people support as much as usual....getting so close to the wedding, the list of things to do is getting longer and more urgent!

I have been off work yesterday and today - yesterday I just couldn't get myself going lol so I did loads today instead!
Oh my gosh Katie no apologies necessary! You're preaching to the choir here and we all know a little bit about being busy!!

Good job on getting so much accomplished cheer2.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorwd View Post
Oh my gosh Katie no apologies necessary! You're preaching to the choir here and we all know a little bit about being busy!!

Good job on getting so much accomplished cheer2.gif
omg i just realized its only 2 and a half weeks till your wedding! crazy!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Katie - glad you got so much done - you must feel better/less pressure now!

 

Wendy - whoa so soon! Are you doing any last minute primping?

 

Just another complaint about my TA... FI has now left her 2 messages this week trying to submit final payment and she has not answered nor gotten back to him. SO annoying. The last time I spoke to her was Thurs and she said she was doing "not real well" when I called and said "hi, how are you?" It was a STUPID decision going with a one man shop! Of course when I picked her she spoke in the 3rd person kind of with "we" and "us". Turns out she is the only "one" in "we".... lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by meghan View Post
omg i just realized its only 2 and a half weeks till your wedding! crazy!!
YES!!!! This time two weeks from now we'll be on the beaches of Mexico!! friday.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkf1046 View Post
Thanks for the info on the package. I just started researching the real touch flowers - they look like a GREAT alternative...How much did it cost to rent the vases? Are you having multiple vases per table or one per table?
You're welcome! I am having 3 vases per table and got quoted... $20 per vase... yep, I know, I know but I refuse to bring 21 vases with me that I will just leave there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×