I wonder how strict the resorts are going to be on these "start times" and end times...I am having the same problem trying to decide when to do everything. Right now I am looking at 6:00 wedding...6:30-7:30 cocktail...7:30-whenever reception.

Question: Are you guys taking all your pics before the wedding? Or are yall waiting to see your FI at the wedding and taking joint pics after the ceremony?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefuturemrslutz View Post
Question: Are you guys taking all your pics before the wedding? Or are yall waiting to see your FI at the wedding and taking joint pics after the ceremony?
Originally I had my ceremony set for 4pm. My photogs suggested that we take most of the pics before hand because the sun sets early in Nov and the lighting would have been an issue for after ceremony shots. I ended up getting my ceremony bumped up to 3pm so that I could do some before with my girls and about an hours worth with DH after the ceremony.

Quote:
I am taking all the pics with my girls, family, etc. before the wedding, but waiting until after the ceremony to take pics with my FI. He was dead-set that the first time he wanted to see me would be when I walked down the aisle love.gif

ps, I'm really excited because I have discovered all of the smilie options elefant.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie_2010 View Post
haha I promise to learn Nicole wink.gif but only after I've made it to senior member!! lol I want my blue banner!! haha
I knew it! I was gonna bust you and tell Nicole, she's trying to get that banner! LOL, I too did the same thing :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by meghan View Post
hmmmm....i have not been told yet that I could do that. Amy suggested it and said that is what she is doing. Amy, have you been told that you can start your reception at 7?
I think I'm the Amy you're referring to :)

I was never given any rules on what time I could and couldn't start and my spreadsheet with Karisma states all these times so no problems there.

My coordinator also told me yesterday that any changes to your plans can be made at the resort once you're there. That made me feel a little better.

Quote:
I wonder how strict the resorts are going to be on these "start times" and end times...I am having the same problem trying to decide when to do everything. Right now I am looking at 6:00 wedding...6:30-7:30 cocktail...7:30-whenever reception.

Do you have a time cut off on your reception? Ours is 11pm at AS so that's why a lot of us are having earlier receptions. My sunset time is 7:15pm which is perfect as the sun will be setting during cocktail hour & a half which is when I'm taking pictures.

Despite me and my practicality of wanting to take pictures BEFORE the ceremony as I wasn't originally planning on having a cocktail hour, FI put his foot down and said he ABSOLUTELY wasn't seeing me before the wedding and it was bad luck. We're not even staying together the night before, he said he'll go crash with his BM (who's coming with his fiance so I don't know how she'll feel about that) but who knew he was so old fashionedhuh.gif?

Well actually, IF you look on the karisma website, under weddings it actually says right on there, "have your wedding anytime you want, even midnight!"

so, I think for the most part, alot of the packages are for 4 hours for the dj and maybe the are figuring in how long it takes for a 3or 4 or 5 course meal to be served for x amount of ppl... And i was told that there is a noise ordinance in the plaza area for approx 11pm. So my reception is in my contract for 7pm-11pm.