Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by meghan View Post
omg I just realized that the reception for a private event is only 4 hours...I thought it went to 11 pm! This means if our reception starts at 5:30, our party and dancing is over at 9:30!! If we want to go later we have to purchase an extra hour and half....god only knows how much that will cost.
Has anyone else been told about this? Is anyone doing a cocktail party? If so, how much is costing you per person approximately?
My wedding is at 3pm. I set the reception to start at 5. I figured if it's over at 9 anyone who wants to go to a disco can go to their room and change and then meet around 10 for the disco. I'm not doing a cocktail reception the day of the wedding. I hadn't thought about what people would do in between the wedding and the reception. I guess that's one more thing I should start thinking about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by meghan View Post
omg I just realized that the reception for a private event is only 4 hours...I thought it went to 11 pm! This means if our reception starts at 5:30, our party and dancing is over at 9:30!! If we want to go later we have to purchase an extra hour and half....god only knows how much that will cost.
Has anyone else been told about this? Is anyone doing a cocktail party? If so, how much is costing you per person approximately?
Meghan,

That's interesting your reception could start at 5:30pm. Our contract with Karisma says that private events can start no earlier than 6:00pm and end no later than 11:00pm, giving very little wiggle room to vary the reception time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaimeburns View Post
Hey everyone,
I'm have been out for a bit, but was just catching up on the new posts. I officially have my wedding date set(12/10/10) and rooms blocked, and an initail "save the date" type email sent out. Now I have to get motivated to pick a site to do a wedding website....and I will go with on of my BM to try on dresses for the first time next week. It seems so far away but I am such a procrasitnator I have decided I am going to try to get as much done as early as I can. We'll see how that works.
Its great to see how much you all are getting done!!
We use weddingwindow.com

It's not free but it's a fantastic site!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniepps View Post
My wedding is at 3pm. I set the reception to start at 5. I figured if it's over at 9 anyone who wants to go to a disco can go to their room and change and then meet around 10 for the disco. I'm not doing a cocktail reception the day of the wedding. I hadn't thought about what people would do in between the wedding and the reception. I guess that's one more thing I should start thinking about.
We're not doing a cocktail hour between the ceremony and reception. After all, this isn't a typical wedding where guests are either stranded at a church or at closed reception hall killing time between the two events. They're at a fabulous AI resort! Our guests will have plenty to do without us actually planning something during that time: the tequila bar, one of the outdoor bars, sipping cocktails in the Wave Lounge...they'll be just fine!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Nicole~ View Post

Katie - Holy pw.jpg LOL!! You need to learn how to MQ!! Just teasing, love ya!!
haha I promise to learn Nicole wink.gif but only after I've made it to senior member!! lol I want my blue banner!! haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrommert View Post
Click the image to open in full size.
Amy that's gorgeous - looks like it will really suit your figure (as you have the perfect one to pull off a dress like that!)

and I'm loving the pink underneath!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaimeburns View Post
Yes I should, maybe that will keep me on track. I'll think of all my TO DO's and let you all know.

Great website..and free. Can't beat that! Thanks I'm going to check it out.
Hi Jaime,

My website was free too if you're looking around? I found it really easy to use and I'm not a techy person at all!!

It's on my siggy under here...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorwd View Post
Meghan,

That's interesting your reception could start at 5:30pm. Our contract with Karisma says that private events can start no earlier than 6:00pm and end no later than 11:00pm, giving very little wiggle room to vary the reception time.
hmmmm....i have not been told yet that I could do that. Amy suggested it and said that is what she is doing. Amy, have you been told that you can start your reception at 7?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah - when I decided on times I was on the phone with Tiffany and we worked backwards from 11pm. Its all on my Spreadsheet. I didn't think they had time constraints on private events. That would be weird!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorwd View Post
We're not doing a cocktail hour between the ceremony and reception. After all, this isn't a typical wedding where guests are either stranded at a church or at closed reception hall killing time between the two events. They're at a fabulous AI resort! Our guests will have plenty to do without us actually planning something during that time: the tequila bar, one of the outdoor bars, sipping cocktails in the Wave Lounge...they'll be just fine!
I agree :). There's tons for them to do. They all have rooms and will be familiar and comfortable with the resort that they can do whatever they want!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie_2010 View Post
haha I promise to learn Nicole wink.gif but only after I've made it to senior member!! lol I want my blue banner!! haha
Hahahaha OMG!!! Don't let the mods hear you say that! To Multi quote just click the MQ button for whatever posts you want to comment on. Then click the post reply button and add your comments! And you can delete any unnecessary text from the original poster to make posts smaller.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×