Quote:
Originally Posted by Shandalier View Post
I have a pretty random question for all of you about the actual ceremony.

We are planning for a friend, who was ordained on the internet, to marry us so we are not paying for the civil ceremony or blood test stuff in Mexico. We just want it to be more personalized by having a very close friend perform the ceremony. We also do not want to get married before or after at a JP. We were just planning to apply for and file the marriage license here in Travis county with the date of the ceremony we have in Mexico. Is that legit? I mean, will it be a legal marriage as far as the state of Texas is concerned?
Shandalier,
I would double check with your TA and WC if this will be legal. Have you asked if you will receive a marriage license without a civil ceremony? From all of the information I have gathered from my TA and looking at the legalities between the USA and Mexico, its only legal if you have a judge marry.

Hey ladies,

I understand you frustration about the room rates. All of my guests were magically upgraded to swim-up suites in the Adults only section. That is probably why. You should talk w/ your TA to see what they can do to make up the price difference.

Does anyone mind sharing the room rates they got from their TA compared to the rates on the Karisma website? I'm almost afraid to ask but if you don't mind I'd love to compare and make sure I don't have to freak out on my travel agent. =)

For example, 2 adults in a premium room is now $304 a night. Booked in July through Karisma directly with 15% discount was $433.

Shandalier, it will not be legal, unless your friend lies and says it was performed in the city you live in.

Oh wow Ash!! That's a big difference =/

Katie - My photog is still available for you! No travel fees, no $500 fee to Karisma :) You are reaping all the benefits, just thought I'd let you know wink.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by D&ESept2009 View Post
Hey ladies,
I understand you frustration about the room rates. All of my guests were magically upgraded to swim-up suites in the Adults only section. That is probably why. You should talk w/ your TA to see what they can do to make up the price difference.
We are paying $1499 plus $327 tax (one week) for the lead in jacuzzi suite....how does this rate compare with what you are all getting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenHeart View Post
Does anyone mind sharing the room rates they got from their TA compared to the rates on the Karisma website? I'm almost afraid to ask but if you don't mind I'd love to compare and make sure I don't have to freak out on my travel agent. =)
How many days are you looking at and which room?

MrsVaughn2B -3 or 4 days in the Jr. Swim up Suite

I am in the swim up swim next to my guests for 4 nights and then move to the Honeymoon suite on my wedding day for 3 nights and for the two of us I am paying $2,000 which includes tax and transfers.

All of our guests are booked in the jr. jacuzzi suites. Double occupancy rates in our contract is $739 per person for 4 nights. The new special rate on the internet is $524 for 4 nights. Over $200 per person difference!! We are staying 5 nights at Azul, paying $1886 total for the 2 of us. The new special rate would save us around $575!!! Our contract includes taxes and hotel transfers. The problem we are having is that we are almost 45 days out and it would be quite expensive to cancel all the rooms. I am waiting to hear back from my TA tomorrow to see if she could negotiate anything.

I used to work for an upscale hotel here in Austin and figured we would book the lowest room category and hope for upgrades. I think most of our guests want to be on higher floors so we opted not to do the swim up suites.