Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenHeart View Post
What is with family! At least this didn't happen to you...

Oh and also, my father is past away so now I have no family that will be attending my wedding.

I even offered to pay her whole way there, flight, room, everything.

Makes me sick to my stomach.
Ugh, I know its horrible!! The only family we have coming is my brother and possibly my sister...she's another non-committer. FI has NO ONE on his side lol! I've gotten to the point that I just don't care....it's not about them anyhow. I know its hard to stomach but don't let them ruin your experience. They'll be the ones that regret it. Why is it that your mom isn't going? Especially when you've offered to pay!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT View Post
I just spoke to Lorraine at The Wedding Holiday and she seemed great. Thank you so much for reco. Have any of you had the experience where you held less rooms than people booked? We may possibly have a much bigger number than we originally expected (over 120!!). I'm not sure how best to plan for that.
I love Lorraine! She has been amazing. If you have more people than rooms reserved I would encourage them to pay deposits ASAP to ensure that they get in. Just let them know that its first come first serve and if they wait too long they may SOL. If you run out of spaces I still have 3 that I'm struggling to get rid of for my week LMAO!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shandalier View Post
I hate to hear that some of you are having so many problems!! A destination wedding is supposed to be carefree and it sounds like a lot of your families are making it a pain for you! Whenever I start whining about who isn't coming, my FI reminds me that the only thing that matters is that the 2 of us are there. He's right! As long as it's the two of you, it will be perfect!

Katie,

Did you pay that $200 deposit for the wedding package? When we were booking back in January I kept asking my TA if the sunset wedding was available on our date. She told me the resort wouldn't even check for me until they got our $200 deposit. Once we got that in, it went pretty quickly. I am blessed to have a TA who works really hard and stays on the resort about everything constantly!
We had to pay £200 deposit for each guest going (inc kids) and then £95 deposit for the wedding package at the time of booking.

I'm trying not to get unduly excited....BUT.... we did have an email direct from Tiffany (WC) saying they'd received our booking and wedding deposits!! Really want to be excited, but still cautious that Thomson aren't confirming it.

Shandelier - my FH says exactly the same thing...as long as me and him are there - the rest are just 'nice to haves' but aren't the most important thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shandalier View Post
The 2 options I was given was Caribe Photos and Matias Cano Photo - and that was at least 4 months ago! They told me then that there weren't any other options so now I am mad that this Claudia was an option for me. I asked here on the boards about them but didn't get much response back. Neither of them seem very creative or artistic. On each of the websites, they have a wedding gallery but nothing jumps out. One of them even has a girl with a glass of champagne and a cigarette! Why would they use that as one of their "big seller" photos? Anyway, these are the 2 photographers listed on the website. We decided it was important enough to take our photographer with us and have her stay as a guest. It ended up being close to the same amount of money and I think we are getting a better deal. She is going to be taking pictures practically all weekend instead of just the ceremony and reception.
oh god! I'm starting to think getting married is a test!! lol there seems to be so much that has potential to ruin it or at least make it that much more difficult.

unfortunately I don't have the option to bring our own photographer - the UK to Mexico is too far and way tooo expensive!

here's hoping they get a few more (better) approved photographers before any of us have to book - doesn't sound like those 2 you mentioned are any good - and someone else mentioned another photographer they had - especially as I prefer just being told what to do - I don't want to have to come up with all my own ideas for each picture!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenHeart View Post
What is with family! At least this didn't happen to you...

I've been engaged for almost a year and a half, I've tried every way possible to get my mom to tell me if she's coming or not, she says EVERY single time, "I don't want to talk about it now, let's talk later" Later never comes.

Then I went with her to her company party last week and all her co-workers gushed about my save the dates and my wedding website and loved it so much and asked all these questions and then it comes out, one says, "we're on your side by the way, we can't believe your mother's not going!"

Gulp.... all of the women she works with know she has no intention of coming to my wedding and this is how I found out. I kept thinking she wasn't planning on it but I also kept telling myself it would work out for the best. Oh and also, my father is past away so now I have no family that will be attending my wedding.

I even offered to pay her whole way there, flight, room, everything.

Makes me sick to my stomach.
oh my god KatKen, that's awful. I know as much as we tell ourselves it doesn't matter, it still cuts deep. hopefully she'll see sense and book last minute - unless she's got some big reason for not going (which she should have told you) then she should be there, no questions asked.

Is there a chance she's maybe finding it hard? emotionally etc. from the little I know from what you've posted 2 things come to mind as to why she may not be going - 1st. does she get on with your FH? approve of him etc? or 2nd. could she find it really hard on a day as special as that and your dad not being around? maybe she's running?

I hope your FH makes it an extra special time for you, no matter what happens with your mum.

Katie

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckerba View Post
Thanks Katken, did you have to bring down string or ties for your hanging lanterns or did they provide those? Also, did you use lanterns for your tables? If so, how was the wind situation?
One of my BM's totally helped me with this and she brought down fishing line. We gave it to the wedding coordinators, I have no idea if they used it or their own string. I used floral centerpieces from the hotel. A few of my lanterns were huge so they placed those around the palm trees and tables and they did not blow away.

As you can tell from the photo of our reception it was VERY hot. Everyone was sweating and there was NO breeze in the plaza area beacause you are between buildings. I think you'd be ok using the lanterns as center pieces.

Is anyone interested in selling their battery powered lanterns?

I'd be willing to sell the lanterns, but the battery packs only work for 12 hours, so you're going to want to get new ones for those. PM me if you're interested in the lanterns. They're a hot pink/fuschia color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie_2010 View Post
oh god! I'm starting to think getting married is a test!! lol there seems to be so much that has potential to ruin it or at least make it that much more difficult.

unfortunately I don't have the option to bring our own photographer - the UK to Mexico is too far and way tooo expensive!

here's hoping they get a few more (better) approved photographers before any of us have to book - doesn't sound like those 2 you mentioned are any good - and someone else mentioned another photographer they had - especially as I prefer just being told what to do - I don't want to have to come up with all my own ideas for each picture!!
Getting married is a test lol!!
The photographers they "approve" didn't jump out at me either, so I snooped at other pics and found a guy that does great artistic photos and organizes it all. He does not live in my city so we emailed to organize details. He did come to a city near edmonton to do a wedding so we met halfway and he seems really nice and loves what he does. I am excited for him to do our photos, he has alot of good ideas and doesn't do the cheesy posed pics.
So don't settle for the photogs you are not excited about, look for someone else. This guy live in Toronto, Canada so his flight there will be cheaper than fron U.K.
I wanted to go with Claudia at first but their price for one 8 hour day is pretty much the same as flying my guy down for w week and having him take pics most of the week (his actual wedding day and TTD session price is very reasonable)
If you are interested in checking his website out PM me!
good luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie_2010 View Post

Getting married is a test lol!!
The photographers they "approve" didn't jump out at me either, so I snooped at other pics and found a guy that does great artistic photos and organizes it all. He does not live in my city so we emailed to organize details. He did come to a city near edmonton to do a wedding so we met halfway and he seems really nice and loves what he does. I am excited for him to do our photos, he has alot of good ideas and doesn't do the cheesy posed pics.
So don't settle for the photogs you are not excited about, look for someone else. This guy live in Toronto, Canada so his flight there will be cheaper than fron U.K.
I wanted to go with Claudia at first but their price for one 8 hour day is pretty much the same as flying my guy down for 1 week and having him take pics most of the week (his actual wedding day and TTD session price is very reasonable)
If you are interested in checking his website out PM me!
good luck

I'm so frustrated with the resort right now. I had booked Claudia, and now the resort is telling me I have to pay a $500 fee to bring her because she is no longer approved. This is ridiculous because when i booked her, she was approved and there was no additional fee that needed to be paid. For those of you have or are planning on bringing your photographer from home, would u mind giving me an approx. cost? I dont know if it is better just to bring someone else...I really dont want to spend a ton of money but I dont want to use the photographers because they really dont look that great.