Claudia Rodriguez is one of Azul Sensatori's preferred vendors, and their work is amazing. She does charge a higher fee for brides getting married at Azul vs. any other place. That pretty much is the same fee we'd get charged for using another outside vendor. Either way, Azul gets their money...

I think that the welcome dinner, brunch, etc. are all per person fees. So may not be worth it for you to do an AI if you're paying for all of that too. I think we may use the Spoon dinner as our Welcome Dinner and not do a brunch... Once I start working with them on the details I'll keep you posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon101 View Post
Thanks! Do you know if the additional charge is a per person fee for all food and drink (vs. a nightly area set-aside fee) -- because if the resort is going to charge a per person fee for all food and drink for a welcome dinner, rehearsal dinner, private wedding (this one's okay), and farewell brunch, for my group of 80, I'm wondering if it's silly to do an AI. Thoughts?
I think pepper summed it up well. You are paying a premium to have dinner together as a group in a private to semi-private (as in having dinner at Spoons) setting.
You're right, it does stink to have to pay per person at AI. I think most of them do it this way, because otherwise they'd be over-run with wedding groups at every meal. It wouldn't be quite fair for the other guests.
I think we will have more than 40 guests, so we will have no choice but to pay for a private dinner. And have the dinner at Spoon for a smaller group (wedding party and immediate family.)
One thing you can do is meet up at the bar for a few drinks (for free). Or maybe host a party with hor-deurves which includes 2 hours open bar. That would be way cheaper than a meal. Your guests aren't going to care either way, they'll just be happy to be there!

Anon-

Have you looked into Moon Palace? You have a large group for a DW. I know they give you X amount of private events for X amount of rooms booked.

That might work out for you if you want to have several private functions.

*****post concerning resort photographers*****

So I know the big question is should I book the resort photographer or my own?

It all depends on what you want and what your needs are. If you are wanting photos of the ceremony and immediately after, then the resort photographer will probably do.

If you want photos of getting ready, all the way to the reception then you might be better off booking your own.

It looks like Karisma is expanding their options greatly. They now have coverage for 8 hours, which I don't remember seeing before.

Category Photography & Video - List of products - Welcome, Guest Weddings in Cancun & Riviera Maya

Caribe Photo Professional weddings and events photographers company Playa del Carmen, Tulum, Cancun, Riviera Maya - Mexico</em></tt></strong> is their main photographer. You can see pics of recent weddings by clicking on "just married".

Here are their packages for Azul-

Category Photography & Video - List of products - Welcome, Guest Weddings in Cancun & Riviera Maya

Royale Photo professional wedding photojournalist photographer in riviera maya is the next photographer listed. You can see in the gallery many photos of Karisma weddings.

Here are their packages for weddings at Azul-

Claudia Rodriguez, Photographer, Cancun & Riviera Maya is an option. Claudia and her team are known for awesome wedding photos. Sadly it appears that you will be paying a premium for her services. She charges an extra $900 on her packages to shoot Azul, which I just found out last week.

Here are her packages for Azul- Category Photography & Video - List of products - Welcome, Guest Weddings in Cancun & Riviera Maya

Lastly MEXICAN WEDDING PHOTOS

There are a lot of examples under "Photos".

Here are the packages for Azul- Category Photography & Video - List of products - Welcome, Guest Weddings in Cancun & Riviera Maya

Request for them to send you an entire album from some recent weddings so you can determine if you like their style and if they capture what is important to you.

Search through the EDR and the Azul Beach threads and see if there are any mentioning of the resort photographers and check out their work.

I know choosing a photographer was almost as agonizing as choosing the resort. I'm not an expert on this topic, but I thought I could help by putting it all in one post. The Lomas website can be a bit confusing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHarwood2Be View Post
Anon-
Have you looked into Moon Palace? You have a large group for a DW. I know they give you X amount of private events for X amount of rooms booked.
That might work out for you if you want to have several private functions.
Thanks so much for the suggestion! I greatly appreciate it, and was unaware of this promotion.

Separately, great job on the photog summary. This is very helpful!

Hello Sensatori brides,

My fiance and I have narrowed our wedding resort choice to Azul Beach or Sensatori. Some family members are concerned with the room rates at both resorts and plan to stay at resorts close by. Does anyone know what resorts are immediately next to both Azul hotels? It would be nice if we could still hook up with people on the beach even if they're at a different resort.

Thanks,

Liana

Haha-they could stay at the nude resort that is in between the 2 resorts. But it is just as expensive!

I'm attaching some maps so you can see where Azul Beach is. Azul Sensatori is on the other side of Desire Resort. This first map has Azul Beach in an incorrect location. It is located right next to Desire Resort. I have tried to enlarge the second map, but I can't.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

So the closest resorts are equally, if not more expensive.

I think the Iberostar Maya and Lindo are cheaper. There are a ton of hotels in Playa Del Carmen are dirt cheap (not all-inclusive).

Here are some cheaper all inclusives that I just found on Loco Gringo.

Real Playa del Carmen: All inclusive resort hotel, Riviera Maya, Mexico

Sandos Playacar Beach Resort: Playa del Carmen all inclusive resort

The Reef Playacar: Playa del Carmen all inclusive resort beach front

H10 Hacienda Maya: All inclusive resort, Riviera Maya, Mexico

SandosCaracol Beach Resort/Spa: Playa del Carmen hotels, Mexico

col%20Beach%20Resort

Remember, your guests will have to pay $75 per person for a day pass to attend your wedding and transportation to and from the resort.

Honestly, the Azul Resorts are well worth the money. I agree, it can be quite some sticker shock, especially if you have never stayed at all-inclusive resort or do not travel often.

Also, you get what you pay for. Maybe they can justify spending an extra $50 per person a night to stay at Azul.

I hope to have helped some!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soon2bevalentine View Post
Hello Sensatori brides,

My fiance and I have narrowed our wedding resort choice to Azul Beach or Sensatori. Some family members are concerned with the room rates at both resorts and plan to stay at resorts close by. Does anyone know what resorts are immediately next to both Azul hotels? It would be nice if we could still hook up with people on the beach even if they're at a different resort.

Thanks,

Liana

Hi Liana..I am getting married at the Azul Fives. At first we were thinking to suggest other hotels for our guests to stay but then we were going to be paying an arm and a leg for day passes for the wedding for the guests who don't stay at our resort. How many people do you think will stay somewhere else??

Thanks for the map! This is really helpful. I think it would be hilarious to recommend that the dissenting family members stay at the nude resort - although it probably wouldn't be fair to the guests there when granny struts her stuff! Besides, the family members don't all share my evil sense of humour.

As for the rates at the Azul, I fully agree that you get what you pay for but what can you do when people say it's too expensive? My fiance and I took a quick trip down there two weeks ago and stayed at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya. The food was awful and we both got horribly sick. It ended up costing us an extra $400 for a doctor and medication! So for me, paying the bit extra up front is worth it.

I heard that the day passes at Sensatori are $99! Yikes. So far, I think we'll have 5 people who will stay at another resort, but we're only expecting 20 or so and one of those wanting to stay at a different resort is my mom. It would be nice to have her close by. I think they've targetted the H10 Ocean Coral and Turquesa. Has anyone heard about wedding packages there?

Thanks for the info!

Liana

Oh, that really stinks when it is your mom wanting to stay somewhere else.

Just curious, do you have to book for an entire week since you are from Canada?

I remember looking at H10. It looks very pretty, but the reviews are hit and miss for sure. I don't know if they have wedding packages. On their website it just says "conventions and incentives".

I have copy and pasted the day pass info from the optional amenities document.

Day Passes

Wedding Pass

(Includes food and

beverage, does not

include food &

beverage for private

events. This must be

purchased

separately)

Allows non-guests entry to the

resort for an 8 hour period on

the day of the ceremony. All

Day pass guest must show ID

upon check in & check out.

$72

Day Pass (Includes

food and beverage,

does not include food

& beverage for

private events. This

must be purchased

separately)

Allows non-hotel guests entry

to the resort for an 8 hour

period.

All Wedding pass

guest must show ID upon

check in & check out.

$99

Please note: each hotel reserves the right to restrict the maximum number of guests allowed

into the hotel on day passes. The number of outside guests must be confirmed at the time of

your wedding reservation.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Best Destination Wedding Sponsors

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
    • After the wedding, the wedding dress purchased at a high price can be kept in the wardrobe, or it can be sold as a second-hand wedding dress for some cash. If you're in the market to sell your wedding dress or looking to buy a used one, you may be tempted to turn to large online marketplaces like Ebay and Craigslist. While these popular websites are great for listing and buying everyday purchases, a website specifically for used wedding dresses can probably offer you a better deal and a more user-friendly service for this very niche (and important) wedding day purchase.  Tips for Selling Used Wedding Dresses
      Whether you aren't the sentimental type or you're just savvy, selling your used wedding dress is an easy way to recoup some money from your wedding. If your dress is in good condition, consider listing it online over selling it to a thrift store, where your listing will reach a greater volume of potential buyers and can be more easily shared and promoted. A used wedding dress in great condition and under two years old can usually sell for 50 percent of the retail price. And, if your dress is a more recognizable brand like Oscar de la Renta or Vera Wang, you could make closer to 60 percent of its retail value. Even if your gown isn't designer, don't give up hope—since there's a large demand for all kinds of second hand wedding dresses, a designer label doesn't necessarily mean your dress will sell faster. Not to mention, mermaid dresses are also in high demand, so you shouldn't worry if you're not a sample size. Tips for Buying Used Wedding Dresses
      Buying a used wedding dress can be a bit of a gamble, but as long you're cautious, it's a thrifty way to snag a designer wedding dress for half the retail value. Plus, if you get lucky and buy a wedding dress from someone with a similar body type, you may not have to make too many alterations, which also cuts down on your costs. As long as the gown you found looks to be in good condition (if you can't see it in person, make sure photos show it clearly from all angles or ask to Skype with the seller to get a better look), a used wedding gown can be a terrific deal. A few tips: Since your dress will have to be custom-tailored to your body regardless, a larger size is easier to work with where alterations are concerned. Fabric can always be subtracted, but adding more fabric that perfectly matches the rest of the gown can be difficult (not to mention expensive!). And because you're getting the wedding dress for a steal, you can put some of the money you save toward making sure it fits like a glove (and some extra dry-cleaning if necessary).
    • When brides takes off her wedding dress and begins her marriage life,the first problem after wedding is to modify her name. You have a marriage license with your new last name, doesn't mean you've officially changed your name. Which aspects should be paid attention to to change the surname?
      1. Get your marriage license.
      Before you can change your name, you'll need the original (or certified) marriage license with the raised seal. Call the clerk's office where your license was filed to get copies if one wasn't automatically sent to you. 2. Change your Social Security card.
      Visit the Social Security Administration's website and fill out the application for a new Social Security card. You'll keep the same number—just your name will be different. Mail in your application to the local Social Security Administration office. You should get your new card within 10 business days. 3. Change your license at the DMV.
      Take a trip to the local Department of Motor Vehicles office to get a new license with your new last name. Bring every form of identification you can get your hands on—your old license, your certified marriage certificate and, most importantly, your new Social Security card. 4. Change your bank accounts.
      This one's a biggie, especially if you're setting up a joint bank account, or if you have one already set up. The fastest way to change your name at your bank is to go into a branch location, bringing your new driver's license and your marriage certificate. You should request new checks and debit and credit cards on top of changing the name attached to your accounts. Something to note: You might get hit with fees for requesting a new debit card. 5. Fill in the blanks
      Once you have a social security card and driver's license in your married name, other changes should be fairly easy. Some places only require a phone call; others may ask for a copy of your marriage certificate or social security card. Be sure to notify: -Employers/payroll
      -Post office
      -Electric and other utility companies
      -Credit card companies
      -Schools and alumni associations
      -Landlord or mortgage company
      -Insurance companies (auto, home, life)
      -Doctors' offices
      -Voter registration office
      -Investment account providers
      -Your attorney (to update legal documents, including your will)
      -Passport office
      -Airlines (to transfer over your miles)
    • Planning to get married? Let’s discover some great wedding venues in Bangalore. The increasing demand for the wedding venues in Bangalore makes it very difficult for both the bride’s and groom’s family to get hold of a marriage hall that is suitable for the marriage. As they say, marriages have to be organized in a grand fashion. The atmosphere and the ambiance of a wedding make it memorable for a lifetime. Though there are a plenty of wedding venues in Bangalore, there is only a handful of them that are really good, Offering the best possible experience.  Some of the most popular wedding venues in Bangalore are: THE TAMARIND TREE: Tamarind Tree has the old world charm. This is one of the best wedding venues in Bangalore that boast about its eco-friendly surrounding. Built in the middle of a few acres of garden filled with lush greenery and trees, which also includes the tamarind tree after which it was named, a pond, a stage for the band, classic looking pavilions for the guests to sit, and a lot of spaces around the area. The premise has two large kitchens with a very special fully stocked bar and a lot of space where the guests can dine comfortably. The place can accommodate up to 1000 guests. Customer Reviews : Address: 88, Kanakapura road, Anjanapura post, Avalahalli, Royal Park residency layout 2, 9th phase. JP Nagar, Bangalore 560062 THE COURTYARD HOUSE: The courtyard house is located off Sarjapur Road, the premise is a unique and unconventional property suited for various events, namely weddings. The outdoor space of courtyard house draws in people looking to get away from the traffic and noise in the city, well within the city limits. The green grass and tall trees make for great photographic backdrops making it popular for wedding events. Customer Reviews : Address: Janatha Colony, Gunjur Palya, Bengaluru 560087 RITZ-CARLTON:   The Ritz-Carlton has over 277 spacious rooms and suites and is one of the most luxurious hotels in Bangalore. Seven luxurious restaurants, the Ritz-Carlton spa, and tastefully appointed meeting spaces make it ideal to host marriage occasions. Customer Reviews : Address: 99, Residency Road, Shanthala Nagar, Ashok Nagar, Bengaluru 560025 BALAN FARM CONVENTION CENTER: Balan farm is a green, wooded island of peace and serenity nestled quietly in the busy rapidly developing JP Nagar. Neighboring the Brigade Millenium Apartments and L&T South city it spreads across two acres of an old orchard retaining the ancient fruit-bearing trees and landscaped gardens. Balan Farm convention center JP Nagar has over 10,000 sq ft of the tiled canopy without any walls blocking and it makes for a really good view. Customer Reviews : Address: 99/4, Nataraja Layout, JP Nagar 7th Phase, Bengaluru 560078 HYATT MG ROAD: Hyatt a 5 Star hotels in Bangalore is located on MG Road. The guest rooms are colorful with a great view of the city, this makes it an ideal place for private ceremonies with 2300 sq ft of meeting and event space. The Hyatt MG road, Bangalore also has restaurants like the Pink Poppadom, Liquid Lounge, and Bar. Customer Reviews : Address: 1/1, Swami Vivekananda Road, Someshwarpura, Ulsoor, Bengaluru 560008 BUNGALOW 7 Bungalow7 offers a unique setting for a wedding, pre-wedding and post-wedding functions. The place hosts a variety of public and private events all within a stunning heritage setting of central Bangalore. Customer Reviews : Address: 7, Hall Road, Richards Town, Bengaluru 560005 GAYATRI VIHAR MANTAPA: Gayatri Vihar is one of the most luxurious wedding halls situated on Palace ground. It boasts of a massive one lakh sq ft area which can easily accommodate up to 5000 guests. The ambiance of the place makes it ideal for community gatherings and private parties. Customer Reviews : Address: Jayamahal Palace Ground, Bengaluru 560080
    • My best friend is getting married with his long-term girlfriend next month. As a best friend, I want to give them the best present they would ever receive on their special day. I am planning to buy them plane tickets and book them for a one week trip abroad. However, I am torn between Ukraine ski trip and a tour to Lima, Peru. My best friend loves skiing and his future wife is a chef, so I presume she would want to experience a Peruvian taste. Now, I am confused. Which is which? I would appreciate it if you guys will leave a comment to help me out with this. Suggesting a way better idea which will accommodate the two activities for the soon-to-be wedded couple is a big help too. Thanks!    
    • Hello all!! I'm getting married next week. Every arrangement has been done by my sister for my special day. When I joined in an MNC I was troubled with severe headaches and as per my colleague's instruction, I took an appointment in a nearby eye clinic. And after an eye examination in Toronto, the eye specialist diagnosed hypermetropia in me. And the doctor prescribed eyeglasses for me. The doctor suggested me to wear eyeglasses during the working time. But I used to wear it sometimes not every day. Then I was troubled with severe eye strain and headache and mom was scolding me to wear eyeglasses every day. I thought of saying goodbye to eyeglasses forever. I'm planning for a Lasik eye surgery soon before my marriage. I don't know whether I'm eligible for Lasik eye surgery. I'm tensed about its recovery time and its complications. Can someone help me by sharing your views?  
  • Topics