Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggieangel01 View Post
Hiya girlies!!! I have been mia for awhile from the board b/c i've been working 90 hr work wks lately but am trying to finalize all of our details!!! I've been debating about the welcome party and it sounds like the s'mores party is the way to go. I'm still really up in the air about the reception. We are going to use the dinner that's part of the silver package for the after ceremony dinner and then do a reception, maybe the palza?!?! Any advice would be greatly appreciated...i'm going to try and go back and catch up on previous posts for more ideas!! Also thank you to Mandy and Christina for posting your recent information on how your weddings went!! It sounds like ya'll had a lot of fun despite some rooming issues!! Thank you girls for all of ya'lls help!! Oh I was also wondering if any of ya'll have or are planning on getting items for the OOT bags once you get to Mexcio, like from shops in Playa?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shandalier View Post
There is a Costco in Playa? How close to the resort? I love Costco!!
I am so sorry! I meant Sam's Club....I love Costco too, though!

Directions to Sam's Club in Playa del Carmen.

Directions to Sam's Club grocery store in Playa del Carmen from the Cancun International airport. Exit out of the airport, stay to the right when approaching the highway. Follow signs directing you South toward CHETUMAL and TULUM. About 45 minutes drive will put you in the city of Playa Del Carmen. There are Pemex gas stations along the way. As you approach Playa del Carmen the road median will widen with grassy hills and a large medallion on top of one. By this medallion ("the big coin") the road divides. You want to be in the far LEFT lane. Stay in the left lanes at the dividers. Continue straight and go through several traffic lights until you go down a gradual hill. Sam's Club will be in the shopping center on your left after the Holiday Inn Express and VIPS, and just before Hospiten Hospital. You will not be able to turn there but will have to continue to the "Retoro" and make a U turn. After you make the U turn get in the far right lanes and when you see the ramp for Sam's Club make a right into their parking lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katken View Post
Also -- how is everyone getting their placecards, favors, etc. down to the resort? Any advice from those already married at Sensatori?
Well, I just decided today on how we are getting EVERYTHING down there! I was planning on shipping my centerpieces, linens, chair sashes, etc to a WC that lives there and she was going to bring them to me at the resort. I went to the UPS store to get a quote on just the centerpieces. It was going to be 3 boxes....not huge boxes, but pretty big. There would be 12 large glass vases.....I was shocked when he quoted me $975!!!!!! He said it wasn't the shipping that was expensive, but the taxes, fee, duties, etc...Needless to say, I came home and called the airlines and found out that we can ship all of our bags and boxes and just pay the extra/oversize baggage fee of $75 per box. That makes a lot more sense to me! I hope that helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmisssunshine View Post
Has anyone decided on what flowers they are going to go with for the bouquet? Im wondering if anyone has chosen the smaller $50.00 options. For those whom have already been to the sensatori - are there hairdryers in the rooms? thanks just starting to pack and keep as much room as possible for my shoes:)
Hey Lilmisssunshine, I think I am going to go with one of the $50.00 tropical bouquets. I was thinking at first about going with the Cala lillies, but I'm trying to keep cost down as much as possible, and I think the tropical flowers look pretty anyway. Do you know what you are doing about a cake? I really don't like the cakes that come with the wedding packages and they are super small, but the ones that don't come with the package are super expensive. I don't really know what to about that. I'm probably going to have about 40-50 people at the wedding, and I was thinking about getting a 2 tiered-cake, but there are not a ton of options on the lomas website. For those who have already gotten married, and for those who are, have any of you decided on a custom cake? I know some people found pictures and sent them in and had those made or are planning on that. If you don't mind, could you let me know how much you paid for them as well? Thanks :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosierfan View Post
Hey ladies,

I just got an email today that said the Plaza will no longer be offered as a reception site. I'm guessing that only applies to future bookings - anyone else get that message from their WCs?
This is true. I spoke with the WC on Thursday and she said that the plaza will not be avaliable for our June 26th wedding. We were planning on using that as well. The only other option outside that you can have a DJ is the Beach. If you use the Zacalo you can have a sound syste, but there is not much room for dancing and "partying" she said. So now we are getting married on the beach.

Quote:
Hey Lilmisssunshine, I think I am going to go with one of the $50.00 tropical bouquets. I was thinking at first about going with the Cala lillies, but I'm trying to keep cost down as much as possible, and I think the tropical flowers look pretty anyway. Do you know what you are doing about a cake? I really don't like the cakes that come with the wedding packages and they are super small, but the ones that don't come with the package are super expensive. I don't really know what to about that. I'm probably going to have about 40-50 people at the wedding, and I was thinking about getting a 2 tiered-cake, but there are not a ton of options on the lomas website. For those who have already gotten married, and for those who are, have any of you decided on a custom cake? I know some people found pictures and sent them in and had those made or are planning on that. If you don't mind, could you let me know how much you paid for them as well? Thanks :)
thanks. I also think the tropical bouquets are pretty and am doing that as well. As far as the cake, if you read the past posts from brides who have already had their weddings, most have said no one ate the cake and they wouldnt recommend spending the money. We selected the $12 set meal but it comes with a desert. Other than that we are ordering a really small cake just to cut for photos. Most of my friends and family are so healthy, no one eats cake anyway:) hope this helps. We too are trying to keep spending minimal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shandalier View Post
I talked to my WC, Tiffany, yesterday and she said they no longer allow you to bring in an outside photog from Mexico. I was looking around for one but not anymore. She said if you bring a photographer (like from home) they have to actually stay at the resort for at least 3 nights. So they basically have to be a guest for your wedding. Who is your WC? By the way, I am a fellow Texas bride - Austin!

Shanda
Shanda-
Thanks for the info...Tiffany is my WC also but I didn't know this since I hadn't really looked into it much...guess I'll be sticking with Caribe and hoping for the best!!! Are you bringing a photog from Austin? I miss Austin soooooooooo much!!! GL with the rest of your planning!!!

Quote:
Shanda-
Thanks for the info...Tiffany is my WC also but I didn't know this since I hadn't really looked into it much...guess I'll be sticking with Caribe and hoping for the best!!! Are you bringing a photog from Austin? I miss Austin soooooooooo much!!! GL with the rest of your planning!!!
I am also an Austin bride!!! 9 weeks away for me. Good to see some fellow Texans on here :)

Quote:
Shanda-
Hey ladies -

Do you know if the photographer options are different at the Sensatori than what they list on the Lomas Travel page? That page lists other options besides Caribe Photo (I'd already reached out to one of them). Is it true that we now only have two "approved" options (as listed on the Karisma website)? So confusing!

Hi, im sorry ive not been on for a while my computer has been playing up. Can i confirm my wedding date as you have me listed in Jan 2010 but no date. Its 14th Jan 2010. Thanks. Also ive been given an email for my WC which ive had no reply now since feb, her name is Forujela at karisma hotelshuh.gif? anybody had any reply form her or got a WC that will replyhuh.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosierfan View Post
Hey ladies,

I just got an email today that said the Plaza will no longer be offered as a reception site. I'm guessing that only applies to future bookings - anyone else get that message from their WCs?
We never received this email from Jo'Zeen. We made clear that we wanted our reception in the plaza and had her and Fabio confirm it (pending us meeting the number-of-people requirements). If they try and and take it away, I will be PISSED. I emailed Jo'Zeen about...we'll see what she says.