Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

I've gotten the invites out (arriving in some mailboxes today) and now i'm getting down to the nitty gritty of what to do for decor. I'm curious, what are people bringing from home and what are they using from the hotel. Lomas is just such an egregious waste of money (i would rather pay the extra luggage fee, i would probably still save hundreds). I'm getting the Pearl package, and am in Canada so i'm finding shipping to be half the cost if not the full cost of some of the 'cheap' items i'm finding online.  I've been addicted to Etsy lately - but the shipping costs are making me hesitant. I'm thinking i will have to take centerpieces stuff, chair sashes the whole shabang because I just feel its so over priced through Lomas.
Agree totally about Lomas prices. Our colors are red and white which is a pretty easy color combination for decorating. I bought red and white organza fabric bolts from Amazon for about $20/each. I ordered red and white paper lanterns and red fans from the Paperlanternstore.com. As soon as I get a better idea of how many people are attending, I will order red table runners, chair sashes and napkins from the Tableclothfactory.com. I am also doing a white menu card with red ribbon to tuck inside the napkins on the table. We are thinking about getting some personalized shot glasses with red bottoms but I'm not sure about those. I like fresh flowers so I will order floral centerpieces (mostly red roses) and large outdoor corsages for the gazebo from Lomas. Our parents are deceased so I am buying personalized Memorial Candle Vases that will be displayed on the cake table with some of the flowers from the gazebo corsages. I'm not big DIY person so I'm not planning on making a lot of stuff plus I don't think I'll need too much else other than some Christmas lights or some sort of candle or light for the tables. All of this stuff will go in suitcases on the plane. I've been told it's not a good idea to ship stuff down to the resort since stuff will likely be 'lost' in Customs. I have a couple of friends who have Platinum frequent flyer status on United. They can carry 3-4 bags for no extra charge and have offered to carry a couple for me. I'll make sure they have receipt copies to avoid any Customs problems in Cancun. I figure I'll save at least a few hundred dollars even after paying the maximum charge for set up to AS. How far in advance are you sending invitations? I sent STDs back in May and already have 17 rooms and 42 people who've put down deposits. But I still want to send paper invites.

This is a tricky one for me. My FI and his family are being realllllly difficult. I sent out Save the dates via email back in May thinking that was great. Then I find out a week prior to our room block expiring that his family are basically ignoring the STDâ€s bc they want to see a paper copy of the invite. ARGH.

So I did a rush print job and mailed them out last week. So with our wedding in February I did it 7 months early – and about 2 months prior to when I wanted to do them.

We have 23 confirmed booked – but with our room block expired Iâ€m not really sure what to expect now. Everyone is pretty much ignoring me in terms of emails etc. and assuming just because its an all inclusive resort there is no planning required. They also are thinking they can just book for WHEREVER and come day of, which they canâ€t (in order to stay within the 20% off site that is stated in the contract). Our Bridal party didnâ€t even book by the deadline (and as far as i am aware, still haven't booked).

So needless to say, the fact that we are planning this day with the idea of it just being us and anyone else there is a bonus is a blessing – because I may be bald by now!

Originally Posted by kaleighMCL View Post

I've gotten the invites out (arriving in some mailboxes today) and now i'm getting down to the nitty gritty of what to do for decor. I'm curious, what are people bringing from home and what are they using from the hotel. Lomas is just such an egregious waste of money (i would rather pay the extra luggage fee, i would probably still save hundreds). I'm getting the Pearl package, and am in Canada so i'm finding shipping to be half the cost if not the full cost of some of the 'cheap' items i'm finding online. 

I've been addicted to Etsy lately - but the shipping costs are making me hesitant. I'm thinking i will have to take centerpieces stuff, chair sashes the whole shabang because I just feel its so over priced through Lomas.

Hi there! I am also a February 2014 bride!! Our wedding date is the 8th. I'm getting the Pearl package too which I think is a great value, I'm sure we'll be very happy with this option. I sent our invitations out the last week of July and we've been so excited to check the mail every day as we've also been receiving many of our RSVP's back.

I think we can all agree that Lomas is very pricey! I'm bringing a few things from home for decor and renting a few things from Lomas.

Items I'm bringing with me:

Paper Lanterns - paperlanternstore.com

Throw lights for the paper lanterns - Michaels

Fishing wire for hanging the lanterns - Michaels

Christmas lights to wrap around the poles of plaza zavaz - Target

Miscellanous signage - Etsy (yes, I have an obsession too!)

Items I'm renting from Lomas:

Sheers for ceremony gazebo setup

Centerpieces

Flowers for ceremony/ reception (including my bouquet and FI's boutonniere). They are transferring all of our flowers from the ceremony over to the reception, which is surprising! But, nice that you don't have to pay extra :)

Little sandboxes for place card holders

A birdcage for cards

For the chairs and tables setup for the reception, I think I'm just using their standard white tableclothes and white bows, which is included in the package. However, I'm still going back and forth with this on whether I want to rent them or just buy them and bring with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleighMCL View Post

This is a tricky one for me. My FI and his family are being realllllly difficult. I sent out Save the dates via email back in May thinking that was great. Then I find out a week prior to our room block expiring that his family are basically ignoring the STDâ€s bc they want to see a paper copy of the invite. ARGH.

So I did a rush print job and mailed them out last week. So with our wedding in February I did it 7 months early – and about 2 months prior to when I wanted to do them.

We have 23 confirmed booked – but with our room block expired Iâ€m not really sure what to expect now. Everyone is pretty much ignoring me in terms of emails etc. and assuming just because its an all inclusive resort there is no planning required. They also are thinking they can just book for WHEREVER and come day of, which they canâ€t (in order to stay within the 20% off site that is stated in the contract). Our Bridal party didnâ€t even book by the deadline (and as far as i am aware, still haven't booked).

So needless to say, the fact that we are planning this day with the idea of it just being us and anyone else there is a bonus is a blessing – because I may be bald by now!

That's a real bummer! I told everyone either via a phone call or email that I needed to have a minimum number of rooms booked or else we could all lose the discount. Maybe not exactly true but it worked. I got a pretty good response with 13 of 15 blocked rooms booked before the deadline. I've also created a wedding website using weddingwire.com and sent links to all of the invitees and showing how lovely AS resort looks and how much fun we are going to have. It was basically a marketing tool. Now, we have 17 rooms booked with 48 people and I expect 3 more rooms. Tthe Best Man and 2 Bridesmaids haven't booked yet so you are not alone with having the Bridal Party not respond!!! Maybe people really are waiting to get printed invitations. I hadn't thought about that.

Hi there! I am also a February 2014 bride!! Our wedding date is the 8th. I'm getting the Pearl package too which I think is a great value, I'm sure we'll be very happy with this option. I sent our invitations out the last week of July and we've been so excited to check the mail every day as we've also been receiving many of our RSVP's back. I think we can all agree that Lomas is very pricey! I'm bringing a few things from home for decor and renting a few things from Lomas. Items I'm bringing with me: Paper Lanterns - paperlanternstore.com Throw lights for the paper lanterns - Michaels Fishing wire for hanging the lanterns - Michaels Christmas lights to wrap around the poles of plaza zavaz - Target Miscellanous signage - Etsy (yes, I have an obsession too!) Items I'm renting from Lomas: Sheers for ceremony gazebo setup Centerpieces Flowers for ceremony/ reception (including my bouquet and FI's boutonniere). They are transferring all of our flowers from the ceremony over to the reception, which is surprising! But, nice that you don't have to pay extra :) Little sandboxes for place card holders A birdcage for cards For the chairs and tables setup for the reception, I think I'm just using their standard white tableclothes and white bows, which is included in the package. However, I'm still going back and forth with this on whether I want to rent them or just buy them and bring with me.
Hi jmk923, If you don't mind me asking, how much are they charging you for the birdcage and sand boxes. I wanted to have these but didn't want to bring them. I didn't know lomas had them.

Originally Posted by Jennypert View Post

That's a real bummer! I told everyone either via a phone call or email that I needed to have a minimum number of rooms booked or else we could all lose the discount. Maybe not exactly true but it worked. I got a pretty good response with 13 of 15 blocked rooms booked before the deadline. I've also created a wedding website using weddingwire.com and sent links to all of the invitees and showing how lovely AS resort looks and how much fun we are going to have. It was basically a marketing tool. Now, we have 17 rooms booked with 48 people and I expect 3 more rooms. Tthe Best Man and 2 Bridesmaids haven't booked yet so you are not alone with having the Bridal Party not respond!!!Maybe people really are waiting to get printed invitations. I hadn't thought about that.

we did the website, wedding email etc. its radio silence out there. I'm ok with it though - if people miss out, its not for lack of trying on my part! I would love to have everyone there, but we always planned on it being my FI, myself and a witness in MX and anyone else is a generous bonus. Keeps our expectations in line i think, and my anxiety level down!

Originally Posted by Jess878 View Post

Hi jmk923,

If you don't mind me asking, how much are they charging you for the birdcage and sand boxes. I wanted to have these but didn't want to bring them. I didn't know lomas had them.

Hi Jess!

Same here, I was trying to bring less bulky items with me. The bird cage card holder is $30 (which is very close in price to others I've found) and the sandboxes are $20 each.

I didn't see these on Lomas' planning site, I just asked my WC. There are a few other items that aren't on the site but they were able to accommodate my requests. If there's something you are looking for I suggest just asking :)

Hi Ladies! 

I have a quick questions, regarding music for the ceremony and reception at Azul Sensatori.

I know that the resort refers DJ All Music and Mega DJ, but I am having a hard time finding videos and information on these two vendors... Can anyone point me in the right direction??!?  We'd like to book the DJ this week.

Also, for the ceremony and cocktail hour, we are thinking about hiring an acoustic guitarist... Does anyone have a recommendation?  Or a better idea?  Do you know the cost? 

I appreciate the help, ladies!  Thanks in advance.  rolleyes.gif

Originally Posted by KTBeach2014 View Post

Hi Ladies! 

I have a quick questions, regarding music for the ceremony and reception at Azul Sensatori.

I know that the resort refers DJ All Music and Mega DJ, but I am having a hard time finding videos and information on these two vendors... Can anyone point me in the right direction??!?  We'd like to book the DJ this week.

Also, for the ceremony and cocktail hour, we are thinking about hiring an acoustic guitarist... Does anyone have a recommendation?  Or a better idea?  Do you know the cost? 

I appreciate the help, ladies!  Thanks in advance.  rolleyes.gif

Hi KTBeach!

We are using DJ All Music for our reception and I've heard great reviews about them on this thread. I've also gathered information on them through my WC and also Lomas' website for pricing, equipment setup, etc. http://www.weddingsbylomastravel.com/planning/

You can also refer to Lomas' website for pricing on the guitarist for your ceremony and cocktail party, and I believe they have videos for all the different types of live music too!

Jackie