Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Originally Posted by tkuzma View Post

 

 

Yes, we did order from House of Brides! How did you know? Are they known for this type of thing?

 

I've called both Bill Levkoff in the US and the Canadian supplier as well- unfortunately, the earlies they can get me something is in 4 weeks, which is too late. 

 

Thank you very much for the offer to call around Illinois.  I am planning on calling House of Brides tomorrow and speaking with the person with the most authority, and being forceful to ensure they do everything in their power to get me that dress!

 

 

 

That is so sweet of you murmel! I will let you know if I find anything.

 

Have a good trip to Edmonton! Dress warmly as the temperature dropped again yesterday and we just had a snowstorm!

Yeah HOB is notorious for this. They're based in the Chicago suburbs so I've heard tons of local horror stories. Definitely call them, but based on what I know of them I'd start looking for a back up plan. I'm sorry. sad.gif

 

Black and champagne could look really chic if you only have the two bridesmaids and go with Murmel's find.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello everyone... I have been MIA for a while. I still have been following all the threads. :) I am getting married on October 12, 2013 at Azul Sensatori I have a question... My photographer, a friend of mine from home is coming with us. She is worried about bringing all her equipment and getting caught without a work permit and being charged a huge fine, we are bringing her for 4 nights to avoid the outside vendor fee. Have you all heard about this happening to a vendor you bring from home? I keep telling her a lot of tourists these days have some really nice stuff. Should we be worried? On another note I have decided to change from the sky terrace to right on the beach... Just sent an email to Lynda ( my wedding coordinator) I'm freaking out on what she may say. We have just been really thinking we are just to laid back as a couple, and we will regret it later if we didn't do it on the beach. Hope she doesn't say no..... Don't know what I would do. Ahhhh Thanks, and happy planning!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by AmyandNolan2013 View Post

 

Hello everyone... I have been MIA for a while. I still have been following all the threads. :)

I am getting married on October 12, 2013 at Azul Sensatori

I have a question...

My photographer, a friend of mine from home is coming with us. She is worried about bringing all her equipment and getting caught without a work permit and being charged a huge fine, we are bringing her for 4 nights to avoid the outside vendor fee. Have you all heard about this happening to a vendor you bring from home? I keep telling her a lot of tourists these days have some really nice stuff. Should we be worried?

On another note I have decided to change from the sky terrace to right on the beach... Just sent an email to Lynda ( my wedding coordinator) I'm freaking out on what she may say. We have just been really thinking we are just to laid back as a couple, and we will regret it later if we didn't do it on the beach. Hope she doesn't say no..... Don't know what I would do. Ahhhh

Thanks, and happy planning!!

Okay....first off don't panic! LOL

Your photographer friend will have no problems. We brought our photographer with us for the week- no questions asked. I would make a quick note to the WC to tell them you're friend is your photographer and leave it at that. Your friend should not be worried- no work permit needed. (however if she is asked at customs, I would have them simply say she is doing the photography as a wedding gift)

 

As for switching your locations, the only complication might be if there is another wedding already booked for the beach.(but there are 3 locations, and I believe they still only do 2 weddings a day) Other than that, you could change til the week before if you wanted!

 

Any other questions, or worries, just ask!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

we did the same thing as Miriam suggests with our photographer. Her photography was all a lovely, generous gift. We had no issues at all! 

Originally Posted by murmel View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyandNolan2013 View Post

Hello everyone... I have been MIA for a while. I still have been following all the threads. :)
I am getting married on October 12, 2013 at Azul Sensatori
I have a question...
My photographer, a friend of mine from home is coming with us. She is worried about bringing all her equipment and getting caught without a work permit and being charged a huge fine, we are bringing her for 4 nights to avoid the outside vendor fee. Have you all heard about this happening to a vendor you bring from home? I keep telling her a lot of tourists these days have some really nice stuff. Should we be worried?
On another note I have decided to change from the sky terrace to right on the beach... Just sent an email to Lynda ( my wedding coordinator) I'm freaking out on what she may say. We have just been really thinking we are just to laid back as a couple, and we will regret it later if we didn't do it on the beach. Hope she doesn't say no..... Don't know what I would do. Ahhhh
Thanks, and happy planning!!

Okay....first off don't panic! LOL

Your photographer friend will have no problems. We brought our photographer with us for the week- no questions asked. I would make a quick note to the WC to tell them you're friend is your photographer and leave it at that. Your friend should not be worried- no work permit needed. (however if she is asked at customs, I would have them simply say she is doing the photography as a wedding gift)

 

As for switching your locations, the only complication might be if there is another wedding already booked for the beach.(but there are 3 locations, and I believe they still only do 2 weddings a day) Other than that, you could change til the week before if you wanted!

 

Any other questions, or worries, just ask!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hi Gina! I did the pick & choose menu for our EDR wedding. We had everyone choose their entree as part of their RSVP. I had a list of everyone's entree choices in excel that I gave the resort, and then also had the place cards "coded" with the entree choice. The orange starfish was one entree, the blue scallop shell was another, and then the blue trumpet shell was our vegetarian option (we had 2 vegetarian guests in our party). Here's a photo of the place cards I did: 700 And then I forgot to tell the resort what the "code" was, but fortunately they had the list, and they used the name cards against the list to hand out the entrees. I had our menus printed with a thank you note on the back. The resort put them on each setting, wrapped in the napkin - it was a great presentation! LL Hope that helps!
Thanks so much!!! This helps a lot!! I was stuck on how to do the escort cards without writing "chicken" on them! LOL They look great!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thanks murmel! I'm keeping my fingers crossed and praying hard it works out! And on an off chance  if any of you ladies run into this dress (Bill Levkoff 165, Champagne, size 14 or 16) let me know! Thanks! http://www.billlevkoff.com/style/bridesmaid-dress/165
This must be so frustrating! My bridesmaids dresses are also Bill Levkoff, they are supposed to arrive this month. Love the dress. Maybe try local bridal stores that will be willing to sell a sample?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tkuma - that is just straight up rotten.  I've heard similar bad things about HOB.  I didn't order through them for that very reason, even though they are cheaper.  Maybe consider trying another Levkoff style, if you can find a sample or used gown in the Champagne color in the right size?  A lot of his dresses are very similar.  My bridesmaid all wore different styles of Levkoff dresses, in the same color and fabric (not Champagne or I'd definitely be able to hook you up!).  Or if you could find the same dress in a different color that you feel comfortable with, I'd keep that in mind as you call around looking for samples.   Good luck!  I hope the dress comes in and you don't have to stress about it anymore!

Originally Posted by tkuzma View Post

Thanks murmel! I'm keeping my fingers crossed and praying hard it works out!

 

And on an off chance  if any of you ladies run into this dress (Bill Levkoff 165, Champagne, size 14 or 16) let me know! Thanks!

 

http://www.billlevkoff.com/style/bridesmaid-dress/165

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

oh good! Feel much better about it!

I can't wait to be on the beach in Mexico!

Lynda has not responded yet about changing my location. ekkk

Now I have to think of a new layout for decorations. Luckly, I have decided not to buy anything till the date gets closer. I thought if I start buying stuff now, I will never stop and then I will hav way toooo much.

Anyone know the cost of the cigar roller? msnwink.gif I think my future husband would die if I supprised him with that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by AmyandNolan2013 View Post

 

oh good! Feel much better about it!

I can't wait to be on the beach in Mexico!

Lynda has not responded yet about changing my location. ekkk

Now I have to think of a new layout for decorations. Luckly, I have decided not to buy anything till the date gets closer. I thought if I start buying stuff now, I will never stop and then I will hav way toooo much.

Anyone know the cost of the cigar roller? msnwink.gif I think my future husband would die if I supprised him with that!

Cigar roller performance is 2 hours for $450. (includes 20-30 cigars, depending on the package you choose) http://www.weddingsbylomastravel.com/planning/details1.php?category=Performances

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks ladies for the words of encouragement & suggestions! smile03.gif

 

Still waiting to actually hear back from House of Brides on the phone...keeping my fingers crossed!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×