Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

Originally Posted by jsal4 View Post

Welcome to all the new brides. This thread has been super helpful with planning the wedding.

Thanks to everyone who post ideas, shares their thoughts and is supportive. Planning a destination wedding was a little harder than I thought, but this thread made it easier.

I am leaving tomorrow morning! Time does fly and I can't believe its finally here! Woo woo! Time to go get married :-)

OMG! Congratz to you!!! Please let us know how everything goes and post lots of pictures!! cheers.gif

Welcome to all the new brides. This thread has been super helpful with planning the wedding.

Thanks to everyone who post ideas, shares their thoughts and is supportive. Planning a destination wedding was a little harder than I thought, but this thread made it easier.

I am leaving tomorrow morning! Time does fly and I can't believe its finally here! Woo woo! Time to go get married :-)

Have an amazing trip and day!

Originally Posted by Jessie View Post

Kathryn,

Have you had any contact with most of these folks since you sent the STD/Invitation?  Are people indicating to you that they are thinking about coming but haven't booked yet or RSVP'd?  Sometimes when people get something far in advance, they put it off initially, and then kind of forget about the actual due date.  I know I'm really bad with that stuff (and now that I've had a wedding, I know how many brides were cursing my name for not sending in the reply card on time).  How does the room block work with your contract?  Do they need to book by a certain date to get your blocked rooms?  My travel agent sent an email reminder to everyone about 2 weeks in advance of our drop date, and then sent another one on that date, or the day before.  That way, it was all on her, and I didn't feel like I was pushing people.  I still didn't get a response from a decent number of people, but they were mostly people I figured wouldn't come anyway, so I didn't worry about them. 

I know it is frustrating.  If your travel agent can't send a reminder, you'll have to do it yourself, or have friends and family help you (i.e., have your mom or fiancee's mom get in touch with family members, etc.)  And keep in mind that a small group is not a bad thing!!  We had about 65 guests, and while we had the best time ever, it was NOT RELAXING AT ALL, because we were constantly running around, trying to spend time with everyone.  A lot of days I didn't even see my husband that much because we were running in different directions.  As long as you have those people that are most important to the two of you, it'll be perfect.  Good luck!

I ended up creating a closed FB list and posting a vague "we extended the deadline, hope to hear from you soon" message. That got a few people moving on saying no. Still waiting on 27 others.

When I wrote that post I was having a bad week -- two of my "definites" called to say they couldn't come. Both had good reasons for the switch, but it still doesn't make it sting less. We're going to end up eating some money on the room contract, but I guess that's life.

Wishing you safe travels, beautiful weather, and a WONDERFUL wedding!!! Can't wait to hear back from you upon your return! Enjoy it!!

Congratulations to you Jess!!! To see what the resort offers for private event receptions, you can look on the Karisma website under weddings and "planning". There's a link you will be able to click for the "banquet kit" which has all of the offerings along with pricing. Price is not affected by the reception location. Service charge & tax are included in the prices, but I don't believe gratuity is- that's one thing I haven't discussed w/ my WC yet. I'm sure we will tip the wait staff/bartenders.

We decided to go with an outside photographer, b/c I really didn't care for the resort's photographer. They were also very expensive for the work they showed in their portfolio. Do your research and check every review carefully. I went with the highest recommended photographers in the area, and they were all unfortunately booked =( But, one of them recommended me to a colleague of theirs  and she is AMAZING and 1/2 the price of the others!! The name of company is Shenko Photography. Even with the outside vendor fee of $800 [if you use non-resort vendor], we paid less than what we would have with house vendor. Hope this helps, happy planning =)

Originally Posted by Jess878 View Post

Hello Ladies,

I'm new to this site, getting married November 8, 2013.  I'm in the early stages of planning and haven't picked a location for our reception yet but I've found some great information on here.  Need to look at the different options again.  I was sent what seemed like a manual or something from the WC detailing all the different menus and such with pricing but when you select a private reception does that have a seperate charge on top of the per plate pricing? Does the price barydepending on which location you chose for the private reception?

What are you ladies doing about photography?  I'm really stressing aout a good photographer.  I've seen some nice pictures but they all havppen to be outside vendors.  

Thanks for the info ladies and happy planning.

Jess

Hi there! Yes, you can have sparklers- the only type of fireworks allowed at the resort. You cannot bring any fireworks with you on plane or in checked luggage. The AS does sell them, contact your WC and she can order for you! My WC suggested buying from resort b/c down in Mexico the only time they usually sell fireworks are around X-Mas. But, as everything else is with the resort, the sparklers are expensive but what can you do! I believe it's $5 per pack for 5 pcs. [small size] or $7 each for the large sparklers. Happy Thanksgiving to you! I wish we were celebrating Thanksgiving this wknd- I love T-Day dinner!!!

Originally Posted by tkuzma View Post

Any of you ladies know if sparklers are allowed?

Happy Thanksgiving weekend to all the Canadian brides!

Hi Tara!

For the most part, all of your decorations can probably be brought on the plane. There's actually an app on the iPhone that you can ask "can I bring that?" LOL

Here's a link to the TSA website for a list of restrictions in case you want to be sure everything will pass with no chance of being held =) Also, be sure to bring invoices/receipts for all gifts/favors/ bulk decorations you're bringing over the border, as proof that it is for your wedding [cannot be for resale]. Mexico will sometimes look to charge duties if it equals more than $200 so look into this as well.

http://www.tsa.gov/traveler-information/prohibited-items

Originally Posted by Tara Steve View Post

Hey ladies, I was curious if you could give me some info. I want to bring certain things with us on the plane, such as decorations, maraccas, etc.  Does anyone know if they don't allow certain things on the plane??  I don't wanna get in trouble for bringing maraccas and other items in my suitcase. Thanks again.

Wow- I still can't believe the stories I've been hearing from any brides about waiting to the very last minute for RSVP's and having to extend the dates!! I don't understand how guests don't think it's a big deal to wait to RSVP, and especially even after the date has come & gone. I'm sorry to hear some of your definites cannot come, but I'm sure you'll also be surprised with some guests coming that you didn't thin would! Keep your head up, it will all work out =) I would give them an incentive to book or RSVP by saying the room rates won't be guaranteed after the extension date- so they know prices are likely to go up and get them moving!

Originally Posted by kathryn83 View Post

I ended up creating a closed FB list and posting a vague "we extended the deadline, hope to hear from you soon" message. That got a few people moving on saying no. Still waiting on 27 others.

When I wrote that post I was having a bad week -- two of my "definites" called to say they couldn't come. Both had good reasons for the switch, but it still doesn't make it sting less. We're going to end up eating some money on the room contract, but I guess that's life.

The support from you ladies means a lot right now. I can't really talk to anyone about it...because the people I'd talk to are the ones who said no or haven't responded and I don't want to accidentally lay out a guilt trip. 

Originally Posted by JennyBenz View Post

Wow- I still can't believe the stories I've been hearing from any brides about waiting to the very last minute for RSVP's and having to extend the dates!! I don't understand how guests don't think it's a big deal to wait to RSVP, and especially even after the date has come & gone. I'm sorry to hear some of your definites cannot come, but I'm sure you'll also be surprised with some guests coming that you didn't thin would! Keep your head up, it will all work out =) I would give them an incentive to book or RSVP by saying the room rates won't be guaranteed after the extension date- so they know prices are likely to go up and get them moving!

kathryn - I feel your pain!  We've also started to get some definite yes's and no's - some unexpected both ways - but plenty of silence!

Just remember what is most important that day and it will be perfect!  Or at least that's what I keep reminding myself :)

I've been trolling the boards for a while during planning, but just realized we have the same wedding date!!  I'm sure we will run into eachother at AS.  I'm SO excited and it's still months away, I cannot wait!