Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

Originally Posted by RachelTX View Post

Has anyone done the Exotic Gazebo?  It's a MUCH better deal if you are doing white sheers.  You get the sheers (wrapped around the poles), two large floral corsages and rose petals from 48 roses for $250.  Just white sheers and 2 large corsages are $320.  Murmel you mentioned that you didn't have them wrap the sheers around the posts.  I asked my coordinator, even though you said not too ;), and she said that you had to wrap them.  Will it really not be a problem when I get with the onsite coordinators to have them left loose?  Also....the exotic gazebo has a thatched roof, is that something they put on the gazebo at Sensatori if you choose the exotic package?  Because the gazebo there is plain.  If there is no thatched roof added, do you know what the top of the gazebo would look like if you did have them wrap the sheers around?  

Also, I want my wedding to be at sunset, so we've scheduled it for 5:00 at the end of January.  Sunset begins at 4:50 and is set at 5:30...this will make for amazing wedding photos I figure.  My question is....what do you think I should do about pictures of my FI and I?  Should we try and do "first look" photos before the wedding to have sunlight, is there enough light at the resort to do the majority of pictures after the wedding?  I figure we'll do individual family pictures prior to the wedding just trying to get my head around the timeline of the rest of them and the amount of light there will be and the amount of light required!  Has anyone seen "post sunset" pictures taken at the resort?  Have any ideas where I might find some?  

Someone mentioned, possibly in this thread, or maybe in reviews I read that they purchased bottles of liquor duty free and brought them into the resort to make their drinks stronger.  I don't need stronger drinks, I don't think cheesy.gif, but my parents have gotten a honeymoon suite and we would like to do a little entertaining on the amazing balcony.  I checked with my coordinator to see if we could purchase liquor from them and do it that way but they do not allow that in the rooms.  Do you think it would be a decent idea to buy liquor in Mexico and just have it in the room?  I'm not talking about throwing a raging party or anything in the room, just a place people could hang out since my sister will have my 6 month old niece with her....and of course when we hang out we would like to have some drinks!  

Thanks for any info/advice/direction you've got!  

We did the "Exotic Gazebo" and I didn't ask the WC (miami) at all. Just when we got to the resort, I said I just wanted the sheers draped across the top. (we did not have any problems with it-but it's not to say it's a sure thing. I am sure it could vary with who your onsite WC is)

The gazebo in the photo of the Lomas site, is not one from the Sensatori. The gazebos on the beach are always there, not just built up for weddings. So my guess if they do the wrap around the poles, there would be nothing across the top.

I think doing a sunset ceremony is a very romantic idea. Just be aware that the sun does not set over the ocean (you are facing east). Not sure if you were planning to have the sun in the background of the ocean/beach, but that might make you change your plans as to where and when you do some photos. Anyway you can get some pretty shots from the lobby area facing the sunset in the west.

As for buying bottles of booze...having a few bottles in the room is likely a nice idea. Although there are plenty of bars close by, so running over to get a drink is not a huge deal. Also remember that the bar fridge is stocked daily with soda (coke, sprite), water and beer. As for drinks not being strong enough....just ask for a double! LOL friday.gif

Hey murmel! You actually answered a question I've had in my head for months already LOL

I was hoping not to have to worry about guests staring into the sun during our ceremony! Glad you just mentioned that, although it's a bummer the sunset won't be in pictures unless we go to the lobby LOL

Originally Posted by murmel View Post

We did the "Exotic Gazebo" and I didn't ask the WC (miami) at all. Just when we got to the resort, I said I just wanted the sheers draped across the top. (we did not have any problems with it-but it's not to say it's a sure thing. I am sure it could vary with who your onsite WC is)

The gazebo in the photo of the Lomas site, is not one from the Sensatori. The gazebos on the beach are always there, not just built up for weddings. So my guess if they do the wrap around the poles, there would be nothing across the top.

I think doing a sunset ceremony is a very romantic idea. Just be aware that the sun does not set over the ocean (you are facing east). Not sure if you were planning to have the sun in the background of the ocean/beach, but that might make you change your plans as to where and when you do some photos. Anyway you can get some pretty shots from the lobby area facing the sunset in the west.

As for buying bottles of booze...having a few bottles in the room is likely a nice idea. Although there are plenty of bars close by, so running over to get a drink is not a huge deal. Also remember that the bar fridge is stocked daily with soda (coke, sprite), water and beer. As for drinks not being strong enough....just ask for a double! LOL friday.gif

Thank you!

I checked his website. Pictures are not bad, especially like " trash the dress" ones, but they are a bit overexposed. 

The fact that we have to pay $800 extra at Azul Sensatori really kills me. Any way around that?

Your wedding sounds like a perfect one!

I will also have a sky ceremony. That's all that I booked so far. Is the gazeebo included in the price of the sky ceremony or does it have to purchase separately? 

Do you mind sharing a spreadsheet with prices so I can understand for myself what we can afford and whether I should lower my expectations. I already noticed how expensive everything is and I'm really scared to continue with the wedding booking process.

Thank you

Originally Posted by MishMash View Post

Hi ladies!!! We just returned from our wedding/ honeymoon at Azul Sensatori/ El Dorado Maroma.
I cannot begin to tell you how amazing our wedding day was. The wedding crew at AS went above and beyond for us.
We had the silver package with Sky Wedding deck.
We had our rehearsal dinner at Spoon. They separated us from everyone else with a nice 4 course sit down meal with 2 entree choices. They were very accommodating with allergies and vegetarians.
We had our ceremony at the Sky wedding deck because it was more private, and was worth the extra money!! We also had a cocktail hour on the beach with a mariachi band.
Our reception was outside at the Zavas Plaza. We brought our own lanterns to be hung up, and maracas as favors. AS set up everything including lanterns, favors, table cards, table numbers, guest book etc. for $150. Some people have been said to have been charged more.
We did the pick 2 menu and chose the petit filet mignon and lobster or half herb roasted chicken. The pick 2 gave us thenoption of choosing the food instead of a set menu. Both were amazing!!! The DJ was AS's dj and mc and they were awesome. They had all the music we requested, and followed the detail sheet to a tee.
Our photographers were Matias Cano and they did a fantastic job. (hopefully pics posted soon). They showed us shots as we took them and captured our special moments without being constantly In our face. We wanted more candid, action shot opposed to poses. We did do the tradition poses but did not want everything to be a set pose. We felt very comfortable with them taking pictures and cannot wait to see our proofs.
The next day we had our brunch at Zolalo restaurant. Various breakfast and lunch dishes brought out served in different courses opposed to buffet.
We paid separate for the sky deck, cocktail hour, and private dinner. Everything else was included.
I had my hair, nails, and makeup done by Raquel in the spa. I showed her a pic of an updo and wanted natural makeup. She did a fantastic job. Subtle eye makeup that still made my eyes pop, and makeup was not caked on at all. She was spot on with my hair style and even added clip in extensions I brought for more volume.
Whoever is getting married here you will not be disappointed. The rooms, food, and attention from start to finish of our stay and wedding was beyond amazing.
We had our honeymoon at El Doroado Maroma, so we can have a more intimidate stay and also ur guests mdidnt feel rushed to leave. We left the day after our wedding and stayed an extra 6 nights. They included the same honeymoon amenities that AS provided, breakfast in bed, candlelit dinner, spa credit. , it was wonderful.
Good luck to all future brides, it will be more than you could ever dream of!!! And congrats to past brides!!!

kary

I knew about the sunset catamarans from previous brides on this forum. I think I will be booking the cruise through Lomas (you can look at this on their website under "tours"). I haven't contacted them yet because I don't have firm numbers for our wedding. From the website it looks like they charge $87 per person which includes dinner. I'm hoping to arrange it without the dinner and have seen people on this forum mention that they have gotten it for $54 per person.

I'll keep you up-to-date when I get more info.

Sarah

Just heard back from my WC and was told that Fresa has been "banned" as a vendor to Sensatori even if you are willing to pay the $800 vendor fee. I was shocked to hear this as it seems other brides have been using them. She did add that if I went off the resort and picked up decorations from fresa that I would be allowed to bring them back into the resort but would then be charge $5 per person for extra decorations. I had heard about there being a flat rate but never a per person amount for decorations. Has anyone else heard something about this?

I've heard the flat fee is based on per person, which is why ladies have all had different numbers. I think people have said to usually budget $125-$250 and that its based on the number of people and complexity of setup.

Originally Posted by birdie1119 View Post

Just heard back from my WC and was told that Fresa has been "banned" as a vendor to Sensatori even if you are willing to pay the $800 vendor fee. I was shocked to hear this as it seems other brides have been using them. She did add that if I went off the resort and picked up decorations from fresa that I would be allowed to bring them back into the resort but would then be charge $5 per person for extra decorations. I had heard about there being a flat rate but never a per person amount for decorations. Has anyone else heard something about this?