Jump to content

Recommended Posts

 

 

Originally Posted by jennaba3 View Post

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hi Kazala!

 

You must be so excited to get booked!! Are you booking with Thomson?? I booked with them so any questions ask away! Ive booked a private reception, you pay the extra for the meal, ive picked the pick and choose menu where I pick the starter and dessert and then the guests get a choice of two main meals.. The price also includes a 4 hour international bar too which I think is really good, it has all the top brands like Smirnoff, Jack Daniels etc.. If you on facebook add me as im not on here as much as facebook lol - Im Jenna 'Bear' Barroccu.. you can message me any questions then! I have a massive folder on my computer with all wedding stuff so anything you need let me know msnparty.gif xxxx

 

 

 

Hi Jenna

Yes I'm really excited! Have found you on Facey (Karan).

I spoke to Thomson, and like you, they weren't great on giving any free upgrades. I've got 27 confirmed coming from UK and 4 will be meeting us there from USA. They wouldnt even give us free upgrade to premier on the plane. I think thats really bad considering how much the whole wedding party will be paying for their combined holidays!! We're waiting till after xmas to book, and I might see if booking the hotel & wedding direct with Karisma is cheaper and maybe getting Virgin flights instead. My friend flew with Virgin to Mexico and got free upgrades - from booking it with Thomas Cook!! We havent got a Thomson on the Isle of Man so its a bit of a pain to have to do everything via the phone!

We are going to have a private reception too, originally we werent coz we're having a night do here too, but we've decided we want the whole day to be weddingy so we are going to go for it. I had a look at the pick n choose menu and saw the 4 hour open bar, I think thats a very good deal cheesy.gif

Have you chosen the location for your reception? Who are you going with for DJ & photographer? xxx

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would make sure that once you book, you ASK the WC to send you pics of the wedding locations and the locations to host a private event.  If I wasn't on here, I wouldn't have known I had a choice in ceremony location, as she never asked...and I would have been PO'ed if someone else had our time/spot chosen due to this.

 

I just checked out your dress on-line.....BEAUTIFUL!!!  :)

 

Beachy/not-beachy......when I was there, I got to see many weddings, and all us brides were wearing VERY different dresses.....from ball-gowns to more simple....it will look AWESOME on the beach!

:)

 

 


 

Originally Posted by kazala View Post

Crikey! $800 for each!! And very good point about 2013 prices going up. I hope they dont try and plant that on me, if I book at current prices I will be flat refusing to pay any extra!!! Am happy to pay it for Ivan Luckie, I love his work, but I think I'll maybe look at a hotel DJ because the music isnt so important, as long as we can dance to it we really dont care lol

Thanks for the info ladies, the menu's look good, I'm impressed.

Once I'm booked, does the wedding co-ordinator send thru photos of the different locations within the hotel that are available for the reception? I've read a lot of reviews that seem to go with Zavas plaza but I'm not sure I want there. Sorry for all the questions and thanx for all your help jiggy.gif

Oh, and the dress, maggie sottero Geneva, its got quite a big train and am not sure its suitable for getting married in the heat but I dont bloomin care coz I love it :D



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Have fun!!! Can't wait to hear about it when you get back :)
 

Originally Posted by KerryL613 View Post

Hey Ladies!  I have been really quiet for the last few months as the countdown was on.  now only 8 days till we leave!  Any last min advice for me?

 

Thanks and congrats to all the november brides!

 

Kerry



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Congrats to you and the other november brides....hummm...where is that list...its been awhile since we have seen it! Can't wait to hear about your wonderful wedding! I am sure everything will be perfect! Just remember to breathe! lol

 

Does anyone know how to get in touch with DJ Doremixx? I think he is on facebook but i was wondering if anyone had an email address for him? Thank you in advance!

 

 

Originally Posted by KerryL613 View Post

Hey Ladies!  I have been really quiet for the last few months as the countdown was on.  now only 8 days till we leave!  Any last min advice for me?

 

Thanks and congrats to all the november brides!

 

Kerry



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I leave in 7 days! I am getting so excited, but am also trying to do all those last minute things :)

 

Couple questions for you fabulous brides:

 

How did you dress fare after the plane trip down? Did it need to be steamed?  And if so, did the resort do it for you?

 

I have done a photo guest book through Shutterfly but am now wondering what is the best type of pen/felt, etc. to use with it? Can I just use a fine tip Sharpie or should I use some sort of scrapbooking pen/felt?

 

Thanks everyone!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by Mwise17 View Post

 

I would make sure that once you book, you ASK the WC to send you pics of the wedding locations and the locations to host a private event.  If I wasn't on here, I wouldn't have known I had a choice in ceremony location, as she never asked...and I would have been PO'ed if someone else had our time/spot chosen due to this.

 

I just checked out your dress on-line.....BEAUTIFUL!!!  :)

 

Beachy/not-beachy......when I was there, I got to see many weddings, and all us brides were wearing VERY different dresses.....from ball-gowns to more simple....it will look AWESOME on the beach!

:)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Thankyou! I do love my dress!

Can I just check with everyone who is gettied married on the skydeck, did you pay extra for it? I've been qouted two different prices for each wedding package (pearl, silver, gold) one price for a beach wedding, and one price for a skydeck wedding. I definatley want the sky deck, but also want to check this supplement is usual?

 

And to mbowling....congratulations, have fun and enjoy every second :) xx

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Good luck. Enjoy every moment and don't stress!!!

 

Kerry

Originally Posted by KerryL613 View Post

Hey Ladies!  I have been really quiet for the last few months as the countdown was on.  now only 8 days till we leave!  Any last min advice for me?

 

Thanks and congrats to all the november brides!

 

Kerry



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

infodoremixx@gmail.com

Originally Posted by ELAINENYC View Post


Congrats to you and the other november brides....hummm...where is that list...its been awhile since we have seen it! Can't wait to hear about your wonderful wedding! I am sure everything will be perfect! Just remember to breathe! lol

 

Does anyone know how to get in touch with DJ Doremixx? I think he is on facebook but i was wondering if anyone had an email address for him? Thank you in advance!

 

 



 



 

My dress made it down no problem, I did not have to have it steamed.  Mind you, my dress was silk organza, so it doesn't wrinkle easy (and they even folded it in half and put it in the overhead compartment.....wasn't too happy about that)

They do offer steaming, but at an additional cost.  *Note that they do not steam on Sundays so if you are getting married on a Monday, do it before hand.  They leave a pressing bag in your room, so you can leave your garment in the bag and they take it for you to press.

 

I would bring both just in-case, its not too expensive to get both markers, that way you can ensure no smudges!

:)

 

7 day countdown.....oooooo, the memories!       Its going to be great!!!!
 

Originally Posted by mbowling View Post

I leave in 7 days! I am getting so excited, but am also trying to do all those last minute things :)

 

Couple questions for you fabulous brides:

 

How did you dress fare after the plane trip down? Did it need to be steamed?  And if so, did the resort do it for you?

 

I have done a photo guest book through Shutterfly but am now wondering what is the best type of pen/felt, etc. to use with it? Can I just use a fine tip Sharpie or should I use some sort of scrapbooking pen/felt?

 

Thanks everyone!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the tips, I got 2 markers today at Michaels, so hope they work :)

 

I also just heard from my florist, Bloom Bridal, who sent out my bouquets yesterday and I checked the tracking number she gave me and it says it's not coming until the 29th, which is the day we are leaving for the airport hotel... holy smokes, talk about cutting it close! I'm just really hoping they get here in time.  Also, for those of you who used real touch flowers, how did you bring them down? The florist said they're all packed together in a 19x13x13 box and she said past brides carried the box on the plane.  The measurements sound bigger than a carry on size, so I'm wondering how that would work.  I was initially hoping they were individiually boxed so that I could disperse them amongst the bridesmaids to take down, but now I'm worried they will get squished :(
 

Originally Posted by Mwise17 View Post

infodoremixx@gmail.com



 

My dress made it down no problem, I did not have to have it steamed.  Mind you, my dress was silk organza, so it doesn't wrinkle easy (and they even folded it in half and put it in the overhead compartment.....wasn't too happy about that)

They do offer steaming, but at an additional cost.  *Note that they do not steam on Sundays so if you are getting married on a Monday, do it before hand.  They leave a pressing bag in your room, so you can leave your garment in the bag and they take it for you to press.

 

I would bring both just in-case, its not too expensive to get both markers, that way you can ensure no smudges!

:)

 

7 day countdown.....oooooo, the memories!       Its going to be great!!!!
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey mbowling,

I'm planning of taking them on the plane with me. My bouquet is made of calla lilies and it's quite long, my box is also pretty big, I was planning of getting a small box in width to put it in and trynig to stuff it inside my big luggage bag. Only option I guess!
 

Originally Posted by mbowling View Post

Thanks for the tips, I got 2 markers today at Michaels, so hope they work :)

 

I also just heard from my florist, Bloom Bridal, who sent out my bouquets yesterday and I checked the tracking number she gave me and it says it's not coming until the 29th, which is the day we are leaving for the airport hotel... holy smokes, talk about cutting it close! I'm just really hoping they get here in time.  Also, for those of you who used real touch flowers, how did you bring them down? The florist said they're all packed together in a 19x13x13 box and she said past brides carried the box on the plane.  The measurements sound bigger than a carry on size, so I'm wondering how that would work.  I was initially hoping they were individiually boxed so that I could disperse them amongst the bridesmaids to take down, but now I'm worried they will get squished :(
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • When brides takes off her wedding dress and begins her marriage life,the first problem after wedding is to modify her name. You have a marriage license with your new last name, doesn't mean you've officially changed your name. Which aspects should be paid attention to to change the surname?
      1. Get your marriage license.
      Before you can change your name, you'll need the original (or certified) marriage license with the raised seal. Call the clerk's office where your license was filed to get copies if one wasn't automatically sent to you. 2. Change your Social Security card.
      Visit the Social Security Administration's website and fill out the application for a new Social Security card. You'll keep the same number—just your name will be different. Mail in your application to the local Social Security Administration office. You should get your new card within 10 business days. 3. Change your license at the DMV.
      Take a trip to the local Department of Motor Vehicles office to get a new license with your new last name. Bring every form of identification you can get your hands on—your old license, your certified marriage certificate and, most importantly, your new Social Security card. 4. Change your bank accounts.
      This one's a biggie, especially if you're setting up a joint bank account, or if you have one already set up. The fastest way to change your name at your bank is to go into a branch location, bringing your new driver's license and your marriage certificate. You should request new checks and debit and credit cards on top of changing the name attached to your accounts. Something to note: You might get hit with fees for requesting a new debit card. 5. Fill in the blanks
      Once you have a social security card and driver's license in your married name, other changes should be fairly easy. Some places only require a phone call; others may ask for a copy of your marriage certificate or social security card. Be sure to notify: -Employers/payroll
      -Post office
      -Electric and other utility companies
      -Credit card companies
      -Schools and alumni associations
      -Landlord or mortgage company
      -Insurance companies (auto, home, life)
      -Doctors' offices
      -Voter registration office
      -Investment account providers
      -Your attorney (to update legal documents, including your will)
      -Passport office
      -Airlines (to transfer over your miles)
    • Planning to get married? Let’s discover some great wedding venues in Bangalore. The increasing demand for the wedding venues in Bangalore makes it very difficult for both the bride’s and groom’s family to get hold of a marriage hall that is suitable for the marriage. As they say, marriages have to be organized in a grand fashion. The atmosphere and the ambiance of a wedding make it memorable for a lifetime. Though there are a plenty of wedding venues in Bangalore, there is only a handful of them that are really good, Offering the best possible experience.  Some of the most popular wedding venues in Bangalore are: THE TAMARIND TREE: Tamarind Tree has the old world charm. This is one of the best wedding venues in Bangalore that boast about its eco-friendly surrounding. Built in the middle of a few acres of garden filled with lush greenery and trees, which also includes the tamarind tree after which it was named, a pond, a stage for the band, classic looking pavilions for the guests to sit, and a lot of spaces around the area. The premise has two large kitchens with a very special fully stocked bar and a lot of space where the guests can dine comfortably. The place can accommodate up to 1000 guests. Customer Reviews : Address: 88, Kanakapura road, Anjanapura post, Avalahalli, Royal Park residency layout 2, 9th phase. JP Nagar, Bangalore 560062 THE COURTYARD HOUSE: The courtyard house is located off Sarjapur Road, the premise is a unique and unconventional property suited for various events, namely weddings. The outdoor space of courtyard house draws in people looking to get away from the traffic and noise in the city, well within the city limits. The green grass and tall trees make for great photographic backdrops making it popular for wedding events. Customer Reviews : Address: Janatha Colony, Gunjur Palya, Bengaluru 560087 RITZ-CARLTON:   The Ritz-Carlton has over 277 spacious rooms and suites and is one of the most luxurious hotels in Bangalore. Seven luxurious restaurants, the Ritz-Carlton spa, and tastefully appointed meeting spaces make it ideal to host marriage occasions. Customer Reviews : Address: 99, Residency Road, Shanthala Nagar, Ashok Nagar, Bengaluru 560025 BALAN FARM CONVENTION CENTER: Balan farm is a green, wooded island of peace and serenity nestled quietly in the busy rapidly developing JP Nagar. Neighboring the Brigade Millenium Apartments and L&T South city it spreads across two acres of an old orchard retaining the ancient fruit-bearing trees and landscaped gardens. Balan Farm convention center JP Nagar has over 10,000 sq ft of the tiled canopy without any walls blocking and it makes for a really good view. Customer Reviews : Address: 99/4, Nataraja Layout, JP Nagar 7th Phase, Bengaluru 560078 HYATT MG ROAD: Hyatt a 5 Star hotels in Bangalore is located on MG Road. The guest rooms are colorful with a great view of the city, this makes it an ideal place for private ceremonies with 2300 sq ft of meeting and event space. The Hyatt MG road, Bangalore also has restaurants like the Pink Poppadom, Liquid Lounge, and Bar. Customer Reviews : Address: 1/1, Swami Vivekananda Road, Someshwarpura, Ulsoor, Bengaluru 560008 BUNGALOW 7 Bungalow7 offers a unique setting for a wedding, pre-wedding and post-wedding functions. The place hosts a variety of public and private events all within a stunning heritage setting of central Bangalore. Customer Reviews : Address: 7, Hall Road, Richards Town, Bengaluru 560005 GAYATRI VIHAR MANTAPA: Gayatri Vihar is one of the most luxurious wedding halls situated on Palace ground. It boasts of a massive one lakh sq ft area which can easily accommodate up to 5000 guests. The ambiance of the place makes it ideal for community gatherings and private parties. Customer Reviews : Address: Jayamahal Palace Ground, Bengaluru 560080
    • My best friend is getting married with his long-term girlfriend next month. As a best friend, I want to give them the best present they would ever receive on their special day. I am planning to buy them plane tickets and book them for a one week trip abroad. However, I am torn between Ukraine ski trip and a tour to Lima, Peru. My best friend loves skiing and his future wife is a chef, so I presume she would want to experience a Peruvian taste. Now, I am confused. Which is which? I would appreciate it if you guys will leave a comment to help me out with this. Suggesting a way better idea which will accommodate the two activities for the soon-to-be wedded couple is a big help too. Thanks!    
    • Hello all!! I'm getting married next week. Every arrangement has been done by my sister for my special day. When I joined in an MNC I was troubled with severe headaches and as per my colleague's instruction, I took an appointment in a nearby eye clinic. And after an eye examination in Toronto, the eye specialist diagnosed hypermetropia in me. And the doctor prescribed eyeglasses for me. The doctor suggested me to wear eyeglasses during the working time. But I used to wear it sometimes not every day. Then I was troubled with severe eye strain and headache and mom was scolding me to wear eyeglasses every day. I thought of saying goodbye to eyeglasses forever. I'm planning for a Lasik eye surgery soon before my marriage. I don't know whether I'm eligible for Lasik eye surgery. I'm tensed about its recovery time and its complications. Can someone help me by sharing your views?  
    • In the 2017 bridal fashion week, many styles of wedding dresses were gradually popular. From serious bling to regal capes and fun and flirty short numbers, ByCouturier've got all the hottest wedding dress trends you need to know. Allover Sparkle
      Over-the-top sequins, tonal beading and metallic embellishments turned the Bridal Fashion Week runways into a glittery affair. Perfect for evening nuptials under the stars, this trend is daring but sophisticated. Pro tip: If you're rocking a gown with lots of sparkle, keep your accessories minimal and let your glitzy frock do all the talking.  Bold Ball Gowns
      If you're looking to make a dramatic entrance, a classic ball gown is for you—and we saw plenty of them. Take a cue from long, lace sleeves, or get glam with an embellished strapless bodice. No matter the details, this voluminous style is sure to turn heads.  Captivating Capes
      Not into veils? A full-length bridal cape or shorter capelet is the perfect alternative: It still adds movement to your gown, but feels fashion forward. Plus, this trend is an easy way to pull off a mid-wedding outfit change. Wear a cape or capelet for a more formal look during your ceremony, then whisk it away to hit the dance floor at your reception. Short, Sassy Dresses
      Whether you show off your legs (and a killer pair of heels) in an embellished mini or opt for a more conservative midi-length number, a wedding dress with a flirty hemline is a chic way to mix it up. Not willing to give up your dream ball gown? Change into a shorter frock to spice up your reception or after-party.  Plunging Necklines
      The deep V-neckline is a must-try for two reasons: It flatters your upper body (even if you're busty!) and elongates your frame. A plunging V with scalloped lace is ultra-feminine, while a sleek V plays up the inherently sexy vibe of a curve-skimming silhouette. Just make sure you have fashion tape handy the day of to avoid any wardrobe malfunctions. 
      Skinny Straps
      We love this trend for two reasons: A gown with barely there straps has all of the sex appeal of a strapless neckline, plus added support. We call that a bridal fashion win. 
  • Topics

×