Hi there,

We did a group booking. We booked for 35 on one booking. We were in the travel agents for about 3 hours! Well we were told that we would get a group discount.. They came back and told us that we it would be £100 off pp.. We were thrilled at this at first but then realised all they did was match the internet price.. which is what they have to do anyway! We had great service from them so cant complain about them but we have wrote a letter to the head office about not having any more discount or even any upgrades.. With all the extras we've added on our total is over £50,000! So you'd think they'd throw something our way!

Im not sure if they charge you if one of your party pulls out, I think it would depend on how close to the holiday it is.. I would assume that they would lose their deposit if thats all they paid upto date.. Tbh when we booked in June I found we had a really good deal.. We had it for £1380pp for adults and £750pp for children.. One family book with a baby that would be one at the time and it is £30 for her! Within a matter of a few weeks the price shot upto £1680pp which it is still at now.. 2 more people who wanted to come, I tried my hardest to get them to match the price we had but they wouldnt do it, so they had to pay the £1680. So I would say if you get a decent price from the TA, I would advise your party to book with them.. Cause trust me, when it shoots up, it wont come back down!

Yes when we booked and had all our wedding date etc confirmation through we had a letter off Thomson saying me & my other half had an extra 5kg each.. I plan on taking my dress as hand luggage (I dont trust it in the hold).. According to past brides you can use this 5kg for your checked luggage or hand luggage :)

Hope this helps! If you have any other questions feel free to ask away cheers.gif xxxx

Originally Posted by kazala View Post

Hi Jennaba3

Have a few questions about Thomsons, have you done a group booking and did they give you a good group discount. I've spoken to them and they reckon a group booking should give an £85-£100 pp discount but they cant quote me exactly as the 2012/2013 brochure prices arent out yet. And if you have done a group booking, do you know if they charge you if one of your party doesnt pay or pulls out at last minute? Some of my party are looking at flying virgin & booking direct with the hotel, and Im not sure this is the best option for them.

Also, have Thomsons given you extra baggage allowance for your wedding dress? I always thought I wanted a simple wedding dress, but now Ive started looking, the ones I like are geting bigger and bigger lol xxxx

Sounds like a busy and exciting week!!  Congrats and happy almost legal ceremony :)

Can't wait to see pictures and hear how everything went, I'm sure it will be perfect. 

Do you have anyone at home that will be watching the live feed?  If so, you'll have to let me know how the connection was.

Congrats again and have a fabulous week!!!!

xx

Originally Posted by 1106wedding View Post

What a crazy few weeks! I can't believe I leave for Mexico on Wednesday morning!! The wedding is days away, it's all so surreal. We're doing our legal ceremony tomorrow with both sets of parents, my sister and grandma who can't fly to Mexico. Chris (FI) is really excited, calling me his wife and can't wait to wear his ring for a few days. I'm a little more casual about it, really, our wedding is on the 22nd!!!! It is part of the process though so I am happy about it :). I will report back to all of you about how everything goes, I know it will be amazing! Our week at a glance:

Wednesday - arrive with 30+ of our guests (direct flight on Virgin from SFO - CUN)

Thursday - meet with DJ at 10am, meet with coordinators at 11am, a couple free hours, hair and makeup trial at 3:30pm, welcome WHITE party from 5pm - 7pm w/ bar and appetizers and the slideshow we worked on for 8 months!!!

Friday - pool day :), rehearsal (we'll do it on our own if coordinators can't do it with us) at 5:15pm, leave for our rehearsal dinner in Playa del Carmen w/ 25 guests at 6pm

Saturday - wedding day!!!!! I'll have breakfast with the girls, then head to the spa for my treatments at 11:30am. I should be done by 2:15pm. I get dressed at 3:15pm, have our "first look" at 3:45pm, ceremony at 4:30pm on the sky deck, reception to follow until 10:30pm at Zavas Plaza. After party until who knows when!!!!

Sunday - brunch at Zavaz restaurant at 11am, snorkeling trip from 1:30pm - 6:00pm, dinner on the beach for just the two of us, we may or may not cancel to be with friends and family still at resort, we'll see how we feel!

Monday - breakfast in bed :)

Tuesday - day trip to Tulum (about 12 of us)

Wednesday - the last of our friends and family leave (about 18) - Chris and I depart for The Tides. We meet up with our friends who are getting married the day before us in Playa for a night of celebrating

Thursday - Saturday - Mini-moon

I know I won't be ready to leave!!!!!! Full report when I return!!!!!

hi everyone!

I'm a newbie getting married on feb 18 :) only 4 short months away. I just wanted to get your opinions on the seating arrangement. It seems like more and more people are opting for the bride and groom to have their own table. If you chose this, how did you arrange the wedding party and your parents?

We're debating wheter or not this is a good option, I have my little sister in my wedding party and I feel like she woud be bored sitting with the adults at the front. Any opinions are welcome!

Congrats, Jessie!!!!  I hope you and Chris have a wonderful time, and can't wait to hear about it when you get back!! 

What a crazy few weeks! I can't believe I leave for Mexico on Wednesday morning!! The wedding is days away, it's all so surreal. We're doing our legal ceremony tomorrow with both sets of parents, my sister and grandma who can't fly to Mexico. Chris (FI) is really excited, calling me his wife and can't wait to wear his ring for a few days. I'm a little more casual about it, really, our wedding is on the 22nd!!!! It is part of the process though so I am happy about it :). I will report back to all of you about how everything goes, I know it will be amazing! Our week at a glance:

Wednesday - arrive with 30+ of our guests (direct flight on Virgin from SFO - CUN)

Thursday - meet with DJ at 10am, meet with coordinators at 11am, a couple free hours, hair and makeup trial at 3:30pm, welcome WHITE party from 5pm - 7pm w/ bar and appetizers and the slideshow we worked on for 8 months!!!

Friday - pool day :), rehearsal (we'll do it on our own if coordinators can't do it with us) at 5:15pm, leave for our rehearsal dinner in Playa del Carmen w/ 25 guests at 6pm

Saturday - wedding day!!!!! I'll have breakfast with the girls, then head to the spa for my treatments at 11:30am. I should be done by 2:15pm. I get dressed at 3:15pm, have our "first look" at 3:45pm, ceremony at 4:30pm on the sky deck, reception to follow until 10:30pm at Zavas Plaza. After party until who knows when!!!!

Sunday - brunch at Zavaz restaurant at 11am, snorkeling trip from 1:30pm - 6:00pm, dinner on the beach for just the two of us, we may or may not cancel to be with friends and family still at resort, we'll see how we feel!

Wednesday - the last of our friends and family leave (about 18) - Chris and I depart for The Tides. We meet up with our friends who are getting married the day before us in Playa for a night of celebrating

What a crazy few weeks! I can't believe I leave for Mexico on Wednesday morning!! 

So excited for you! It will be a crazy and super fun week :) And remember to take a moment and enjoy, it will pass so quickly.

Originally Posted by jennaba3 View Post

Yes when we booked and had all our wedding date etc confirmation through we had a letter off Thomson saying me & my other half had an extra 5kg each.. I plan on taking my dress as hand luggage (I dont trust it in the hold).. According to past brides you can use this 5kg for your checked luggage or hand luggage :)

Highly advise taking your wedding dress, and your grooms suit/outfit on the plane with you! Usually the flight attendants are more than willing to help accommodate this special occasion. 

I'm so excited for you! Congrats and have fun!!!!!

OMG.....can't believe were next!!!!!!  

The week sounds awesome, you sound ready girl!!!  GO GET EM!  :)

I arrive on Thursday...can't wait!

:)

Just finished my last day of work today, shopping for some dresses tomorrow....a day at the spa Wednesday and flight early Thursday!!!!

There are going to be 44 of us on the same flight!!!  We are going to stay at a hotel the night before so we don't have to drive the hour to the hotel so early in the morning!!

There are so many of my guests staying at the hotel that I am sure we will have a pre-wedding flight party....:)

No doubt we will see each other down there....can't wait to see you around the resort at your after party! ;)

Mel

Originally Posted by missmely View Post

hi everyone!

I'm a newbie getting married on feb 18 :) only 4 short months away. I just wanted to get your opinions on the seating arrangement. It seems like more and more people are opting for the bride and groom to have their own table. If you chose this, how did you arrange the wedding party and your parents?

We're debating wheter or not this is a good option, I have my little sister in my wedding party and I feel like she woud be bored sitting with the adults at the front. Any opinions are welcome!

Jessie....I was going to ask...how many extra bags did you have to pack??

I have 2 extra (one the kids are taking, and the other we are paying $40 for)

Hi Ladies,

I'm getting married at Azul Sensatori in April next year and was wondering whether there is anyone willing to share a video of their special day so I can get a general feel for order of events etc and also what the beach is really like.  I am getting married on the beach and not the sky deck, but any videos would be appreciated as we are in the process of ordering mens attire and we are unsure whether suits would be too hot. 

Happy wedding planning!!!

Amy

Hey there....

I ordered linen suits from Studio Suits..*see studio suits thread on this site*....they were super cheap, custom made and I think they look great!

If you search the word video in this thread, there are a few in the last couple months that brides posted (video)

Congrats!!!

Originally Posted by amylou1983 View Post

Hi Ladies,

I'm getting married at Azul Sensatori in April next year and was wondering whether there is anyone willing to share a video of their special day so I can get a general feel for order of events etc and also what the beach is really like.  I am getting married on the beach and not the sky deck, but any videos would be appreciated as we are in the process of ordering mens attire and we are unsure whether suits would be too hot. 

Happy wedding planning!!!

Amy