Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I am so happy to be an upcoming Azul Sensatori bride.  July 14, 2012 is our wedding date!!! We visited this June to check out the resort, and of course, for a vacation....we fell in love with this place.  It is gorgeous!!!  I am looking forward to planning our big day here, and to hear all about everyone else's! Best wishes Brides!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did anyone use the AZ makeup and hairstylists provided with the packages??? If so, Reviews please!!! 

 

We are getting married July 14, 2012, and received all of our stuff from the WC.  Its finally sinking in now, I'm getting married!!  This is so exciting but a bit scary too!  It seems they are pushing the vendors they want you to chose otherwise there is an $800 outside vendor fee.  Any tips from AS brides would be appreciated!!!!

 

<3 Michele

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MishMash added. Our first July 2012 bride!!

 

July 2011

Stephanie July 3rd, 2011

karlaandmark July 19th 2011

LMMDC – July 23, 2011

Lynsey – July 25, 2011 (EDR)

LauraMInn - July 30, 2011 (AB)

 

August 2011

Herbie76 – August 2, 2011

Jwashing - August 6, 2011

 

September 2011

Justiner57 September 4 2011

 

October 2011

1106wedding - October 22, 2011

mwise17 - October 24,2011

jerseylili - October 29, 2011 AVC

allysmi - October 29, 2011

brit canuck - Oct 31, 2011

 

November 2011

Jesse - Nov 12, 2011

Nada - Nov 15, 2011

MandM 2011 - Nov 24, 2011 - AB

 

December 2011

KerryL613 December 3, 2011 - AB

mbowling - December 4th, 2011

 

 

February 2012

msmarmar123 – February 11, 2012

papertaco - Feb 18, 2012

pbrozek - Feb 29th, 2012

 

March 2012

popo28 – March 10 , 2012

 

 

April 2012

Maritza919 April 7, 2012

Kerry872 - April 11, 2012

Meldrum05 - April 14, 2012

Amylou 1983 - April 20th, 2012

 

May 2012

Jennabug May 5th 2012

Mnd3A - May 19 2012  

 

June 2012

 

July 2012

 

MishMash - July 14th, 2012

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:)

 

So you didn't use the stand at all.....just a triangle style folded cardstock with tape....hmmmmmmmmm....that might work better actually!

Thanks again!!!!! 

Your the Best!

Originally Posted by murmel View Post



We had our reception from 6 to 10pm (we had a few kids/older folks and didn't want it to be too late). Anyway I think dinner started around 6:30pm and finished shortly after 8:45pm. We then had the "dance floor" under the gazebo for a good hour, before they slowly started closing down the bar. We had our MC announce the speeches throughtout the evening. So a few speeches were during the meal, or in between. It worked out great.

 

I would suggest getting the your best man/bridesmaids to get the whiteboard photos. That way you can also have a general list, and should they miss someone you can ask them later! (if the photographer does it, you will not know for quite a while who might have missed out). Set out the props on a table (just ask you WC for an extra table) and have your MC announce for people to go over when they have a chance. There was breaks between our courses and lots of our guests signed at that time (we had guitars to be signed as a guest book).

Quote:

I would suggest 10-15 laterns is plenty! I would highly recommend the LED throwies forum on the site, it explains it all.

 


We just had the table numbers made from card stock, but folded with a bottom tab. Then had them attach a small piece of tape to keep it from blowing over.

 

The Mojoito bar and disco (teen's club) are both great for music and drinks. We found our guests and us always singing and playing (very musical bunch themselves) under the large gazebo right at the bottom of the large stairs, just in front of the Mexican restaurant. There are plenty of sofas, hanging beds, tables, and chairs. Plus we would just have one of the waiters from the Mojoito bar run down (for a tip!) and he would bring us drinks all night!

Quote:

The policy is horrible! From my understanding Karisma has contracts with these DJ's and photographers, and if you don't use them, the company has to still pay out to their vendors. Hence the extra fee. What really irrates me is that they continue to up the fee...it's all a money grab. Personally I would look into the cost of having a photographer fly in with you! (when I started researching I was shocked to find it actually saved me money- and I got the photographer I wanted. His name is Taylor Jackson, based in Kitchner, Canada) The resort cannot charge you an outside vendor fee if it's a guests who stays for a minimum of 3 days!

 

We didn't bother with a DJ. We just had a Ipod with lots of great music and a sound dock kept us dancing all week!

Good luck. I know it's frustrating, but it will improve. Have you tried to see if there are other brides during your wedding week? Maybe you can share a photographer (split the travel/hotel costs with the other bride(s). I know quite a few ladies on here managed to do that and it really worked out pricewise for them as well)

 



Beautiful photos! Love the colors :)

 

 



 


CONGRATS....all the fun planning begins now....you will LOVE this site!   :)

Originally Posted by MishMash View Post

I am so happy to be an upcoming Azul Sensatori bride.  July 14, 2012 is our wedding date!!! We visited this June to check out the resort, and of course, for a vacation....we fell in love with this place.  It is gorgeous!!!  I am looking forward to planning our big day here, and to hear all about everyone else's! Best wishes Brides!!!!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you read back a few pages, this topic was just discussed :)

They just upped the vendor fee to $800, but there are a few of us on here that had a contract with them for some time now, as it use to be $500.  A lot of brides fly their photographer down as you don't have to pay the vendor fee if they stay more then 3 nights....usually cheaper.

Bringing an outside DJ (popular DJs in the area are Doremixx and Mannia)...now that is up for debate....when it was $500, Doremixx is $800 so it was still cheaper then paying for the Sensatori DJ anyway...now its a bit over. 


 

Originally Posted by MishMash View Post

Did anyone use the AZ makeup and hairstylists provided with the packages??? If so, Reviews please!!! 

 

We are getting married July 14, 2012, and received all of our stuff from the WC.  Its finally sinking in now, I'm getting married!!  This is so exciting but a bit scary too!  It seems they are pushing the vendors they want you to chose otherwise there is an $800 outside vendor fee.  Any tips from AS brides would be appreciated!!!!

 

<3 Michele



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by MishMash View Post

 

can you add me???  Thanks rolleyes.gif

Mish Mash - July 14, 2012

Welcome and happy planning!welcome.gif

 

 

 

 

Originally Posted by Mwise17 View Post

 

:)

 

So you didn't use the stand at all.....just a triangle style folded cardstock with tape....hmmmmmmmmm....that might work better actually!

Thanks again!!!!! 

Your the Best 

Haa haa. Just remember to bring tape with you! I don't have pictures of ours, but we named the tables after places we have been. Then the table marker had a photo of us in that location!

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Thanks for the heads up!!! Definetely will look around and see what is out there. embarrassed.gif
 

Originally Posted by Mwise17 View Post

If you read back a few pages, this topic was just discussed :)

They just upped the vendor fee to $800, but there are a few of us on here that had a contract with them for some time now, as it use to be $500.  A lot of brides fly their photographer down as you don't have to pay the vendor fee if they stay more then 3 nights....usually cheaper.

Bringing an outside DJ (popular DJs in the area are Doremixx and Mannia)...now that is up for debate....when it was $500, Doremixx is $800 so it was still cheaper then paying for the Sensatori DJ anyway...now its a bit over. 


 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Talk about girl power!  By reading through these posts and sticking together, we pushed Karisma to let go of their ridiculous ban on DJs and Photographers.  The $800/vendor fee is egregious but at least we can hire who we want. As for paying a few hubdred dollars more to get a great DJ and an amzing photographer - I say it is definitely worth it, it's something you'll have forever for you and to show the kids :)

 

The only way for the fees to be lowered is if people stop booking Karisma - which will happen if the weddings aren't up to snuff.

 

Hopefully all of our weddings will be as incredible as the brides who are helping us get through this.

You guys ROCK!!!

Hugs,

M
 

Originally Posted by Mwise17 View Post

If you read back a few pages, this topic was just discussed :)

They just upped the vendor fee to $800, but there are a few of us on here that had a contract with them for some time now, as it use to be $500.  A lot of brides fly their photographer down as you don't have to pay the vendor fee if they stay more then 3 nights....usually cheaper.

Bringing an outside DJ (popular DJs in the area are Doremixx and Mannia)...now that is up for debate....when it was $500, Doremixx is $800 so it was still cheaper then paying for the Sensatori DJ anyway...now its a bit over. 


 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm still on the windy road to finding the perfect photographer, however the DJ is booked (DJ Doremixx)...yeah!!!

 

I've narrowed photography down to 3 possiblities (there were afew more but they are already booked).  I'm debating between Ivan Luckie, Claudia Rodriguez or Mexican Wedding Photos.  Is anyone aware who might be the best option?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×