Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenHeart View Post
Can you add me too? I just decided! May 8th 2010Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LivvandScot View Post
We're booked! May 7th 2010!
woot.gif
Welcome Ladies :)
thewave.gif

So have people thought about doing a Unity Candle (maybe too windy) or Sand Ceremony?
What other options are there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm doing the sand ceremony. I thought it would be something unique. I didn't know that there was the option of the unity candle. They're Both good ideas. Unfortunately I can't find where I saw the sand ceremony as an option. Anyone know where its listed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki07 View Post
I'm doing the sand ceremony. I thought it would be something unique. I didn't know that there was the option of the unity candle. They're Both good ideas. Unfortunately I can't find where I saw the sand ceremony as an option. Anyone know where its listed?
We are doing the sand ceremony to. You just have to request it. The cost is $40.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can someone please provide me with a list of hotels in the same area as Azul Sensatori? My Uncle is inquiring, I think he thinks he will get a better deal somewhere else even if he has to pay $72 day fee. Thank you!

 

PS...has anyone checked out American Airlines recently - their flight prices went wayyy down!

 

Jenni

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennik13 View Post
Can someone please provide me with a list of hotels in the same area as Azul Sensatori? My Uncle is inquiring, I think he thinks he will get a better deal somewhere else even if he has to pay $72 day fee. Thank you!

PS...has anyone checked out American Airlines recently - their flight prices went wayyy down!

Jenni
Jenni,

Thanks for the heads up on the flight!! Do you think they will go down more? I may book anyways just in case.

Regarding the rooms, has anyone found anywhere online where the rates are cheaper per room? I have a few people who are paying for families of 5 and need cheaper rates....especially with this ecomomy. Please send me you TA's name or a website where they are selling room rates cheaper than $180 per night!

Thanks

Valerie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHarwood2Be View Post
I just checked my email and last I heard from Fabio was on 11/25.
I had sent him a request of locations on 11/6 after our site visit, when he did finally write back didn't mention anything about it. He asked that I send him my date, time and type of ceremony so we could start on the details sheet. Of course I emailed him that information and hadn't heard anything since.
As usual, I'm waiting patiently!
We are leaving next week and I still have some trouble getting Fabio to get back in touch with me, although he does now within a few days. When I was requesting locations, my TA intervened and was able to get in touch with him and act as my liason. And during the earlier process, if I really wanted something secured (like the photographer) it was again my TA who was able to get in touch with him and make that happen for me. My phone calls/ emails went unanswered. I think he is dealing with almost EVERYTHING. It is too much. Why is the hotel not getting him more Helphuh.gif? Us brides are big business for the hotel. We deserve a little more attention.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry to change the subject but I haven't sent invitations yet and need suggestions and samples on what others have done ASAP. I did an emailed STD which has worked well. We are having a reception when we get back. I don't know etiquitte on who to send what to or if you send a formal invite to all even if they aren't going to Mexico. We get married in May and I want to have a formal invite sent out by the end of this month. Then I was thinking I would send a reminder STD mexico postcard when we get back for the reception.... I also struggle with the wording because even though it's a non traditional wedding I want the traditional wording as my parents are paying and I feel the need to mention them. Any ideas or examples would be greatly appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspeed7309@gmail.com View Post
Sorry to change the subject but I haven't sent invitations yet and need suggestions and samples on what others have done ASAP. I did an emailed STD which has worked well. We are having a reception when we get back. I don't know etiquitte on who to send what to or if you send a formal invite to all even if they aren't going to Mexico. We get married in May and I want to have a formal invite sent out by the end of this month. Then I was thinking I would send a reminder STD mexico postcard when we get back for the reception.... I also struggle with the wording because even though it's a non traditional wedding I want the traditional wording as my parents are paying and I feel the need to mention them. Any ideas or examples would be greatly appreciated.
Is your screen name your email? I will send you a copy of ours. I'm getting ready to send them out right now. I was freaking out because I've had them for a few weeks now and hadn't sent them. But I read on the Knot that even with a Destination Wedding you send out invites only 10-12 weeks before. We did Save the Date as well.

What we did because I wanted something w/ formal wording too, was have two pages. The first one being the formal invite w/ my parents names and the second page is a boarding pass that I figured guest would put on the fridge for a reminder.

I think the Postcard idea is great too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • The cooking method can double the calorie content of a meal, so learn about healthy cooking without having to add extra fats, like using a steamer,  a rotisserie , a slow cooker , a pressure cooker, a grill. Once you cook your own meals, you can control the calorie content because your control the cooking method and all the ingredients. A lot of people are overweight because they keep eating food that they did not cook.
    • I have stayed at Dreams La Romana and Dreams Dominicus.  The two resorts are very different in style and decor. A few comparison points are below and fact sheets are attached for both.   Both resorts are approx 45 minutes from Punta Cana airport, close proximity to Saona Island, Catalina Island and Altos de Chavon. Top championship golf courses in the Caribbean are just minutes away including Teeth of the Dog, Dye Fore, The Links and La Estancia – all designed by world-famous Pete Dye. Restaurants are similar at both resorts.  Both offer the Explorers Club for Kids.  Dreams Dominicus  Brand new resort and in 2016 488 rooms (however additional construction was underway) More contemporary style & decor Good beach area Rooms were very nice Preferred Club located in main lobby and adjacent to main pool & beach front Food was good Center plaza area with nighttime entertainment Main lobby is small, but outdoor bar off lobby is nice Dreams La Romana Originally built in 2003 & opened as Dreams La Romana in 2008 756 rooms Recently renovated and new preferred club adults only lounge & pool added  Rooms are more traditional Caribbean decor Grounds are very lush and tropical Good beach area food was good    Dreams Dominicus fact sheet.pdf Dreams La Romana fact sheet.pdf
    • My sister has done it but with the destination wedding, only super close family members and friends came since it was expensive and farther. It was great though.
    • Thanks! I had it printed out. Very useful!!
    • Hello Guys, Are you looking for affordable wedding venue, reception halls, party rentals, outdoor event venue, birthday party venue in mobile al.  Choose Anne-Marie Cottage for your special occasion. Our cottage is an affordable venue for your intimate wedding.   Thank u 
  • Topics

×