Jump to content

Recommended Posts

YEAH!   Congrats.....love the Marilyn inspired looking dress!

:)

 


 

Originally Posted by TLGnhci View Post

Here's a cell phone picture right after the ceremony.  We got some great pictures with our camera, but I left my connector at work.  :(  

 

IMG_0291.JPG

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know EXACTLY how you are feeling right now!  I just mailed my invitations 2 weeks ago, and have started to get people RSVPing...and I am finding the same thing.  My FI's family/friends are so supportive and were coming no matter what, but I have got website RSVP's from close cousins etc. that didn't write anything under the "message to bride and groom" part...just under, attending they put NO.  What is that?  I supported their wedding/wedding events etc. when they married...its so upsetting!!!   And I keep hearing comments like "why does she want to spend her honeymoon with everyone???"  hahhahaa...

I am trying to just get over all of the negative comments, and remember that I knew most of these people might not be coming, but I am finding it a lot harder to say then do.

:(

I guess we are just going to have to focus on those people that are excited for us, and forget about the rest!!!

 

Originally Posted by justiner57 View Post

Hi Maggie,

 

Thanks for the advice, I really appreciate it. I guess for me the hardest part is that my FI's family (grandparents, aunts/uncles, friends & cousin's) are all being so supportive and have said they will be there no matter what. But my family & friends on the other handle, only a couple of them are coming and more have said it's too far & expensive to go. So I am struggling because I feel like my family isn't there for me like his is. I guess it's just kind of a wake-up call, I am grateful to have everyone there and excited to become part of his family. I just wish my family was making an effort the way his family was.



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



I hear you ladies and I understand completely. We have a bit of the opposite problem. My friends have been really supportive and booked right away but NONE of my FI friends are coming except his best man and one other friend. So basically out of 65 people he has 8 family and 2 friends. Everyone else belongs to me. I felt horrible for a while but then I basically had to get over it.

Originally Posted by justiner57 View Post

Hi Maggie,

 

Thanks for the advice, I really appreciate it. I guess for me the hardest part is that my FI's family (grandparents, aunts/uncles, friends & cousin's) are all being so supportive and have said they will be there no matter what. But my family & friends on the other handle, only a couple of them are coming and more have said it's too far & expensive to go. So I am struggling because I feel like my family isn't there for me like his is. I guess it's just kind of a wake-up call, I am grateful to have everyone there and excited to become part of his family. I just wish my family was making an effort the way his family was.



 



Originally Posted by Mwise17 View Post

I know EXACTLY how you are feeling right now!  I just mailed my invitations 2 weeks ago, and have started to get people RSVPing...and I am finding the same thing.  My FI's family/friends are so supportive and were coming no matter what, but I have got website RSVP's from close cousins etc. that didn't write anything under the "message to bride and groom" part...just under, attending they put NO.  What is that?  I supported their wedding/wedding events etc. when they married...its so upsetting!!!   And I keep hearing comments like "why does she want to spend her honeymoon with everyone???"  hahhahaa...

I am trying to just get over all of the negative comments, and remember that I knew most of these people might not be coming, but I am finding it a lot harder to say then do.

:(

I guess we are just going to have to focus on those people that are excited for us, and forget about the rest!!!

 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holy Crap May Ladies we are right around the corner. I leave in 2 weeks!!!!

 

April 2011

dlaroqu - April 28, 2011 Have a Fab Wedding Day!

Chapa – April 30, 2011 Right Around the Corner!!!!

 

May 2011

TLGnhci – May 2, 2011 When do you leave???

mmc1105 – May 6, 2011

JaimeCF2BR – May 7, 2011

Nikki O – May 7, 2011

amcferron – May 13, 2011

MaggieandJay – May 15, 2011

*Lyndsey* - May 17, 2011

beaz2be – May 27, 2011

Bigboponthebeach – May 28, 2011

melfaybik - May 28, 2011 AB

bryteyedbride - May 28th 2011

Vic0214 – May 31, 2011

 

June 2011

ginnigurl - June 4, 2011

Lovethebeach10 - June 5th 2011

gom4good - June 9th 2011

jazz04 – June 12, 2011

tundereha = June 12, 2011

Mrs Goose - June 25th 2011

 

July 2011

Stephanie July 3rd, 2011

karlaandmark July 19th 2011

LMMDC – July 23, 2011

Lynsey – July 25, 2011 (EDR)

LauraMInn - July 30, 2011 (AB)

 

August 2011

Herbie76 – August 2, 2011

Jwashing - August 6, 2011

 

September 2011

Justiner57 September 4 2011

 

October 2011

1106wedding - October 22, 2011

mwise17 - October 24,2011

jerseylili - October 29, 2011 AVC

 

November 2011

Jesse Nov 12, 2011

Nada Nov 15 2011

 

 February 2012

msmarmar123 – February 11, 2012

papertaco - Feb 18, 2012

 

March 2012

popo28 â€“ March 10 , 2012

 

 

April 2012

Maritza919 April 7, 2012

Kerry872 - April 11 2012  

 

May 2012

Jennabug May 5th 2012

Mnd3A - May 19 2012  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Geez...I keep having minor panic attacks!  Mood swings galore!  I'll get really excited, then something will go wrong (like going through an entire ink cartridge on TWO welcome books, when I have 20 more to print!)...and I'll completely freak out. 

 

I just cant wait til next Wednesday.  Whatever gets done before then great...whatever doesnt get done...oh well! 

 

 

Originally Posted by MaggieandJay View Post

Holy Crap May Ladies we are right around the corner. I leave in 2 weeks!!!!

 

April 2011

dlaroqu - April 28, 2011 Have a Fab Wedding Day!

Chapa – April 30, 2011 Right Around the Corner!!!!

 

May 2011

TLGnhci – May 2, 2011 When do you leave???

mmc1105 – May 6, 2011

JaimeCF2BR – May 7, 2011

Nikki O – May 7, 2011

amcferron – May 13, 2011

MaggieandJay – May 15, 2011

*Lyndsey* - May 17, 2011

beaz2be – May 27, 2011

Bigboponthebeach – May 28, 2011

melfaybik - May 28, 2011 AB

bryteyedbride - May 28th 2011

Vic0214 – May 31, 2011

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Omigosh I am dreading getting the RSVP's back because I know it will be a lot more No's than I wanted. But at the same time, I am ok with people not going. I just wish my family were more supportive. I understand it is a lot of money to spend but at the same time I am the only granddaughter and thought that would be important to my grandparents, etc. I know that the wedding day will be amazing and I won't be wishing people were there. But it's just making for a lot more stressful wedding planning process than I had hoped for. But at least we can be each other support system. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i would HIGHLY recommend kinkos for welcome booklets!!  mine were 30 pages and i couldn't get them to print right.  after about 30 minutes i gave up and e-mialed the document ot them and they had a proof within 2 hours.  i decided my time is more valuable than screwing with a welcome booklet.....granted, it was $177 but they are BEAUTIFUL and great quality!!  :)  plus, it was 30 pages X 50 copies = 1500 pages!!!
 

Originally Posted by JaimeCF2BR View Post


Geez...I keep having minor panic attacks!  Mood swings galore!  I'll get really excited, then something will go wrong (like going through an entire ink cartridge on TWO welcome books, when I have 20 more to print!)...and I'll completely freak out. 

 

I just cant wait til next Wednesday.  Whatever gets done before then great...whatever doesnt get done...oh well! 

 

 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jaime, just breathe girl!!  You will get it done.  And if you don't, none of your guests will be the wiser!  I have nixed tons that I had wanted to do.  I figure why spend more money for something that's used so briefly.  For my welcome booklets, I ended up just putting the information in Publisher and sent it out as a PDF.  I may still print a small welcome booklet with just the listing of people so others can record their room numbers, and the wedding week itinerary again. 

 

Kinkos is a good option though.  I used them for quite a few things.  You can take your thumb drive and cardstock up to the store and print everything in no time.  Works out pretty well. 

 

Oh, and Jaime I wanted to ask you or one of the other girls that have visited the resort, how strict are they with the clothing for dinner?  Do I need to tell these guys to bring dress pants for every night of dinner?  That seems a little crazy.  I wish they could wear nice jeans or shorts!! 

 

I also had my own panic day.  The girl that's been doing my hair for like a year and a half now, and was scheduled to do it tomorrow night texted me today saying she has strep and is contagious for the 48 hours.  Aghhh... So now I have to scramble to find someone else to do my hair so it's going to cost twice as much (she does it out of her home for half the cost) and I have to trust someone brand new!!  So frustrating.  And, I bartend on Saturday nights.  This weekend was my last night for the season.  We close for the summer, and apparently our drawer was short (first time in 5 years!) and so I have to send back $110.  Booo, so in about 2.5 hours this morning, I basically lost almost $200.  Durn.....
 

Originally Posted by JaimeCF2BR View Post


Geez...I keep having minor panic attacks!  Mood swings galore!  I'll get really excited, then something will go wrong (like going through an entire ink cartridge on TWO welcome books, when I have 20 more to print!)...and I'll completely freak out. 

 

I just cant wait til next Wednesday.  Whatever gets done before then great...whatever doesnt get done...oh well! 

 

 



 



Maggie, I am leaving Wednesday night to head up to the airport.  Our flight leaves Thursday morning!!  :o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, and another thing Jaime.  For the lanterns, I have the flameless tea lights for mine.  No idea how they are gonna get strung in there (I'm hoping the resort can figure that part out) but if it works out for me, you are welcome to have them. 

 

Also, for the girls with RSVP issues.  I'm sorry to hear things are more stressful than fun right now.  In the end, your day is going to be beautiful and special no matter who makes the trip.  Keep your chin up, and focus on the end goal  :o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have any past brides had the mariachi band play during the reception dinner? I am trying to figure out if it is worth the cost?? Also, where have you gotten floating candles for the pool?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×