Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Where is your ceremony?  This will help get you the best timing.

 

Originally Posted by Michele4172011 View Post
 

I think a few brides went on a site visit. For those that have, do you know how long the walk (slowly) is down the aisle? I'm trying to gauge my entrance song to see if it's too short/long.

 

Still no luck on the TTD and I only have 3 months to go!



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Sorry, our ceremony is on the beach. I believe the same place as yours, if I remember your pictures correctly from your site pictures.

Originally Posted by JaimeCF2BR View Post

Where is your ceremony?  This will help get you the best timing.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michele4172011 View Post
 

I think a few brides went on a site visit. For those that have, do you know how long the walk (slowly) is down the aisle? I'm trying to gauge my entrance song to see if it's too short/long.

 

Still no luck on the TTD and I only have 3 months to go!


 


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah...I really didn't have too much to do with them....I gave my friend at work the template that i found somewhere on this forum...and picked Purple...she did the rest :)

We decided that we would punch a whole in the top and tie all 3 pages together with purple ribbon...then hopefully find some blue paper (like the blue color that says Boarding Pass) and make the the slot-ish envelopes.  It's the cutting and perforating part that's really going to confuse me....but luckily..my friend will help....

She's going to get me through the first few...and then I'll let FI help so that he feels a part of things too :)

 

Originally Posted by JaimeCF2BR View Post

Marla - Those look great!!  I tried DIY boarding passes and it did not turn out so good!  I dont think you'll need 8 months to finish them :)



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Without airfare (cause Feb 2012 rates aren't out yet)

Per person:

3----$655

4---$861

5---$1067

6---$1274

7---$1480

 

I figure airfare will be between $350-$400...so...not super awful....

 

If only people would put a deposit down in the next 30 days...and then I won't be so freaked out over $$$


 

Originally Posted by jcdagl2 View Post


How much were you quoted for rooms?
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmarmar123 View Post

I'm feeling aq little accomplished today...got my group agreement back from from my TA and sent out the 2nd round of STD (this one an email) with the info to book now....

Really Really hoping people put a deposit downbefore I have to pay for all deposits...but I can't worry about that.....

 

 

And...was working on my invitations today (boss is out sick)....and my friend at work is pretty good at Computer stuff (I am not so much) so we were working on my Boarding Pass Invites.   I know I have some time....as I won't be sending them out until August...but because I am so very bad at DIY...I figured I would need the 8 months head start :)

 

This is what I have so far.....

 


 


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi there,

 

I have been reading the posts on this website for a month or two now...and am getting married at Azul Sensatori on June 12! Our wedding will be a little different since I am Indian and my FI is Nigerian. We are going to try to incorporate both of our cultures into the festivities. Few questions for you ladies...

 

  1. Do you know if they charge extra for guest who are not staying at the hotel...just coming to attend the wedding and reception?
  2. Have any of you seen pictures of the Pool Deck area near building 4? The pictures my WC sent over don't really show what the layout of the area is like.
  3. Are most of you bringing all the items for your OOT bags downt o Mexico with you and distributing them there?

 

Thanks ladies for any and all help!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Tundeneha,

 

welcome.gif to the AS forum.  Congrats on choosing your resort.  Around about page 1140 (??) I posted pictures of an amazing wedding at AS.  To avoid looking like a complete idiot, I won't even try to guess the culture, but it was beautiful! 

 

To answer some of your questions:

1) There is a day pass fee.  I believe the price is listed on the lomas travel website.  http://weddings.lomas-travel.com/planning/

2) Is that the Zavaz Terrace?  I believe it is, and if so, check out the reviews for AS, and there's a bride named destinationmr (or something similar to that - can't remember exactly) and she held her reception there.  It's nice but for a smaller group I believe.  How many guests are you having?

3) I think OOT bags are a personal preference.  I am bringing them but have found them to be more expensive than I thought, especially since you have to carry so much extra luggage to get all the stuff there.  But, I think the guests will enjoy them, and they're traveling a long way for our weddings.  So, I guess it's worth it in the end!!

 

Good luck planning!
 

Originally Posted by tundeneha View Post

Hi there,

 

I have been reading the posts on this website for a month or two now...and am getting married at Azul Sensatori on June 12! Our wedding will be a little different since I am Indian and my FI is Nigerian. We are going to try to incorporate both of our cultures into the festivities. Few questions for you ladies...

 

  1. Do you know if they charge extra for guest who are not staying at the hotel...just coming to attend the wedding and reception?
  2. Have any of you seen pictures of the Pool Deck area near building 4? The pictures my WC sent over don't really show what the layout of the area is like.
  3. Are most of you bringing all the items for your OOT bags downt o Mexico with you and distributing them there?

 

Thanks ladies for any and all help!



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



Re: Day Pass - if you are hosting a private reception on your wedding day guests not staying at the resort do not have to pay for a day pass.   I copied this from my Miami WC email:

Day Passes are available:

Day Pass: Includes food and beverage, does not include food & beverage for private events. This must be purchased separately. Allows non-hotel guests entry to the resort for an 8 hour period.

$99.00

Wedding Day Pass: Includes food and beverage, does not include food & beverage for private events. This must be purchased separately Allows non-guests entry to the resort for an 8 hour period on the day of the ceremony.

$72.00

***Please note that Day Pass charges can be waived if you host a Private Dinner Event***.

 

  

 

Originally Posted by TLGnhci View Post

Hi Tundeneha,

 

welcome.gif to the AS forum.  Congrats on choosing your resort.  Around about page 1140 (??) I posted pictures of an amazing wedding at AS.  To avoid looking like a complete idiot, I won't even try to guess the culture, but it was beautiful! 

 

To answer some of your questions:

1) There is a day pass fee.  I believe the price is listed on the lomas travel website.  http://weddings.lomas-travel.com/planning/

2) Is that the Zavaz Terrace?  I believe it is, and if so, check out the reviews for AS, and there's a bride named destinationmr (or something similar to that - can't remember exactly) and she held her reception there.  It's nice but for a smaller group I believe.  How many guests are you having?

3) I think OOT bags are a personal preference.  I am bringing them but have found them to be more expensive than I thought, especially since you have to carry so much extra luggage to get all the stuff there.  But, I think the guests will enjoy them, and they're traveling a long way for our weddings.  So, I guess it's worth it in the end!!

 

Good luck planning!
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tundeneha View Post

Hi there,

 

I have been reading the posts on this website for a month or two now...and am getting married at Azul Sensatori on June 12! Our wedding will be a little different since I am Indian and my FI is Nigerian. We are going to try to incorporate both of our cultures into the festivities. Few questions for you ladies...

 

  1. Do you know if they charge extra for guest who are not staying at the hotel...just coming to attend the wedding and reception?
  2. Have any of you seen pictures of the Pool Deck area near building 4? The pictures my WC sent over don't really show what the layout of the area is like.
  3. Are most of you bringing all the items for your OOT bags downt o Mexico with you and distributing them there?

 

Thanks ladies for any and all help!


 


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Thanks for posting this! I have 4 guests who are using a time share to stay in Mexcio, rather than our resort and I was worried about the additional cost there may be to have them there for the day. This helps!! I am going to send this to my Miami WC to confirm. I also need to set up another call for finalize more of the details. My wedding is coming sooooo soon! Less than 3 months now!
 

Originally Posted by nv+gms View Post



Re: Day Pass - if you are hosting a private reception on your wedding day guests not staying at the resort do not have to pay for a day pass.   I copied this from my Miami WC email:

Day Passes are available:

Day Pass: Includes food and beverage, does not include food & beverage for private events. This must be purchased separately. Allows non-hotel guests entry to the resort for an 8 hour period.

$99.00

Wedding Day Pass: Includes food and beverage, does not include food & beverage for private events. This must be purchased separately Allows non-guests entry to the resort for an 8 hour period on the day of the ceremony.

$72.00

***Please note that Day Pass charges can be waived if you host a Private Dinner Event***.

 

  

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLGnhci View Post

Hi Tundeneha,

 

welcome.gif to the AS forum.  Congrats on choosing your resort.  Around about page 1140 (??) I posted pictures of an amazing wedding at AS.  To avoid looking like a complete idiot, I won't even try to guess the culture, but it was beautiful! 

 

To answer some of your questions:

1) There is a day pass fee.  I believe the price is listed on the lomas travel website.  http://weddings.lomas-travel.com/planning/

2) Is that the Zavaz Terrace?  I believe it is, and if so, check out the reviews for AS, and there's a bride named destinationmr (or something similar to that - can't remember exactly) and she held her reception there.  It's nice but for a smaller group I believe.  How many guests are you having?

3) I think OOT bags are a personal preference.  I am bringing them but have found them to be more expensive than I thought, especially since you have to carry so much extra luggage to get all the stuff there.  But, I think the guests will enjoy them, and they're traveling a long way for our weddings.  So, I guess it's worth it in the end!!

 

Good luck planning!
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tundeneha View Post

Hi there,

 

I have been reading the posts on this website for a month or two now...and am getting married at Azul Sensatori on June 12! Our wedding will be a little different since I am Indian and my FI is Nigerian. We are going to try to incorporate both of our cultures into the festivities. Few questions for you ladies...

 

  1. Do you know if they charge extra for guest who are not staying at the hotel...just coming to attend the wedding and reception?
  2. Have any of you seen pictures of the Pool Deck area near building 4? The pictures my WC sent over don't really show what the layout of the area is like.
  3. Are most of you bringing all the items for your OOT bags downt o Mexico with you and distributing them there?

 

Thanks ladies for any and all help!


 

 


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×