Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I just sent you a PM asking for dates.

 

Hey girls...let me know if you run into this problem, and I can check the availability through my membership.  Just PM me details so no TAs reading this forum get mad at me :)

 

Originally Posted by Less is more View Post

ok...my TA just told me today that the resort is sold out and any other guests would have to stay someplace else.  WOW... didn't think that would happen in february.  Nervous about how everything is going to work since my DJ (DJ is FI sisters' boyfriend which works out for us) is now without a room and i don't want to pay another $500.  Last minute people are irritating.  But do you ladies know of nice resorts near by?



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks, I just PM my dates to you!!  
 

Originally Posted by JaimeCF2BR View Post

I just sent you a PM asking for dates.

 

Hey girls...let me know if you run into this problem, and I can check the availability through my membership.  Just PM me details so no TAs reading this forum get mad at me :)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less is more View Post

ok...my TA just told me today that the resort is sold out and any other guests would have to stay someplace else.  WOW... didn't think that would happen in february.  Nervous about how everything is going to work since my DJ (DJ is FI sisters' boyfriend which works out for us) is now without a room and i don't want to pay another $500.  Last minute people are irritating.  But do you ladies know of nice resorts near by?


 


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My colors are Tiffany blue, Canary Yellow, and Hot pink as an accent color.  I'm having a hard time figuring out how to incorporate the colors without being tacky lol!  Here is the run down.....Bridesmaids (2) are wearing tiffany blue chiffon dresses, Groomsmen (2) wearing Yellow linen shirts with white linen pants.  The gazebo sheers at the ceremony will be yellow.  I didn't think the two colors together would look right.  From pics the yellow is beautiful and my favorite color.  At the reception i would like to incorporate more tiffany blue but how?  Programs are in the tiffany color like my passport invitations.  I decided to buy my own chair sashes and table runners b/c i just couldn't justify $4/sash.  I will have 40 guest.  Here are the options I came up with...

 

1. Buy 20 yellow and 20 tiffany sashes.  then have the 8 tables alternating in color....meaning 4 tables tiffany and 4 yellow.

 

2. Buy all yellow and find another way to incorp the tiffany......but how? without excessivly increasing price.

 

the pink is in the flowers....ok i'm lame  thats all i have.....HELP!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

what package option are you going with for the gazebo sheers/decor? are you doing the "exotic decor" option on the lomas site? i'm curious about whether or not they charged you extra for the yellow sheers?

 

thx! :)
 

Originally Posted by Less is more View Post

The gazebo sheers at the ceremony will be yellow.

 



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks funny...I'm doing almost the opposite.  My BM dresses (2) are Canary chiffon, then most of my decorations (sashes, table cloths, etc.) will be Tiffany.  I'm trying to find other ways to incorporate canary accents. 

 

I'm planning to find Satin Tiffany sashes and table runners, so if you end up incorporating that color more, maybe we could share some costs.  I'm planning for about 50 guests.

 

Also...my Passport inviations were Tiffany :)
 

Originally Posted by Less is more View Post

My colors are Tiffany blue, Canary Yellow, and Hot pink as an accent color.  I'm having a hard time figuring out how to incorporate the colors without being tacky lol!  Here is the run down.....Bridesmaids (2) are wearing tiffany blue chiffon dresses, Groomsmen (2) wearing Yellow linen shirts with white linen pants.  The gazebo sheers at the ceremony will be yellow.  I didn't think the two colors together would look right.  From pics the yellow is beautiful and my favorite color.  At the reception i would like to incorporate more tiffany blue but how?  Programs are in the tiffany color like my passport invitations.  I decided to buy my own chair sashes and table runners b/c i just couldn't justify $4/sash.  I will have 40 guest.  Here are the options I came up with...

 

1. Buy 20 yellow and 20 tiffany sashes.  then have the 8 tables alternating in color....meaning 4 tables tiffany and 4 yellow.

 

2. Buy all yellow and find another way to incorp the tiffany......but how? without excessivly increasing price.

 

the pink is in the flowers....ok i'm lame  thats all i have.....HELP!

 



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by 1106wedding View Post

 

Never thought Vodka would be such a hot topic! Thanks for everyone's input. I'll let you know what I hear back from Angie, I have a list of questions for her today. This is the first time I'll be emailing her directly...we're signing our rooms agreement tonight or tomorrow!!! So excited it's going to be official!!!!!!!!

VERY EXCITED FOR YOU!

 

 

 

 

Originally Posted by Less is more View Post

 

ok...my TA just told me today that the resort is sold out and any other guests would have to stay someplace else.  WOW... didn't think that would happen in february.  Nervous about how everything is going to work since my DJ (DJ is FI sisters' boyfriend which works out for us) is now without a room and i don't want to pay another $500.  Last minute people are irritating.  But do you ladies know of nice resorts near by?

 

WOW! I guess after Christmas I need to get on the people that haven't given me an answer

 

 

 

 

Jamie, How is it looking for our time frame since my wedding is 8 days after yours

Originally Posted by JaimeCF2BR View Post

 

I just sent you a PM asking for dates.

 

Hey girls...let me know if you run into this problem, and I can check the availability through my membership.  Just PM me details so no TAs reading this forum get mad at me :)

 

  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just sent my concierge an email, but when I last checked with him (in October), it was at 60% the first few weeks of May.  I'll let you know what he says now.

 

Originally Posted by MaggieandJay View Post



Jamie, How is it looking for our time frame since my wedding is 8 days after yours
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaimeCF2BR View Post

I just sent you a PM asking for dates.

 

Hey girls...let me know if you run into this problem, and I can check the availability through my membership.  Just PM me details so no TAs reading this forum get mad at me :)

  



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I found a web company www.weddingslinen.com and the organza sashes were $0.60/ea in yellow and light aqua ( whichi think is closest to tiffany but let me know what you think). The sashes in satin were $1.09. I sent them an email asking them to let me know which satin sash # code was closest color to tiffany because you can never tell on the computer. They did email me the organza color info for the runners. I am so willing to share since i will most likely not need them any more. Let me know......

 

Then i won't feel bad buying both colors (lol)....Yellow organza sashes for ceremony and then using Tiffany for the reception tables and chairs. I was thinking of putting the bridesmaid bouquets as center pieces and then maybe vases of lemons....something simple. Though these are all ideas not sure yet.  Hard to visualize everything without seeing it in person!

 

Anywhoo sharing the tiffany runners and sashes is a fabulous idea! Let me know....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



Thanks! I want to start hunting people down after Christmas and it would help to say LOOK book before it sells out!

Originally Posted by JaimeCF2BR View Post

I just sent my concierge an email, but when I last checked with him (in October), it was at 60% the first few weeks of May.  I'll let you know what he says now.

  



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've also been trying to think of how to re-use the bridesmaids' bouquets as centerpieces. Do you think they'd just supply us with thin vases to put the in? Is it tacky to re-use? Or if not the bouquets, then other florals, like these hanging bouquets (or balls) that can double as ceremony/reception decor. I hate waste (money or stuff!) haha...

 

hanging floral.jpg

green ball on table.jpg

 

Originally Posted by Less is more View Post

 I was thinking of putting the bridesmaid bouquets as center pieces and then maybe vases of lemons....something simple. Though these are all ideas not sure yet.  Hard to visualize everything without seeing it in person!

 

Anywhoo sharing the tiffany runners and sashes is a fabulous idea! Let me know....



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×