Jump to content

Recommended Posts

So I am being told by my WC that the zavaz plaza is for small wedding parties only for receptions (10-15 people). She is now saying my options are the beach or a spot between building 3 and 4 b/c we have about 50 people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Laura, Welcome to the forum!  Your day does sound great, but as someone mentioned above, the heat may be difficult to stand at 11am.  I do like the idea of getting it done early and then relaxing the rest of the day!  Good luck deciding!

 

Originally Posted by LauraMinn View Post

We're getting married at Azul Beach on July 30 and decided to have the ceremony at 11 a.m.  Any perspectives on that choice?  Our thinking was that we can get the ceremony done early, while the light is good and mosquitos asleep, and then have a wedding luncheon and celebrate for the rest of the day.  We're only going down for five days, and I don't want to spend an entire day getting ready, full of nerves.  I'd rather get the ceremony and primping over with in the morning, and spend the day having fun with the group.  We may even do a couples massage and have some down time just for us in the afternoon, before heading out to the pool (in my white swimsuit, of course!).

 

But now I'm worried that the beach will be crowded with onlookers in the late morning.  Any thoughts on a morning versus an afternoon ceremony?



 

Yes, Chong your pics were gorgeous!! Can't wait to see more :)

 

Originally Posted by mzgillis316 View Post

CHong your pics are gorgeous!!!!!  Thanks again for the Maraca templates they were a hit!!!

WE also got ate up by the mosquito's during our reception in the evening



 Is the stuff for sale in a thread somewhere? 



Originally Posted by mzgillis316 View Post

BTW Ladies I am selling just a few things from our ceremony....Its mostly pink stuff tho so check it out if you're interested=)



 That's crazy.  Who is your wedding coordinator?  I have Zavaz Plaza booked for our party of 50, and every picture I've seen has been of parties.  Do you think she was talking about the yoga palapa?  I did hear that location is for smaller parties. 



Originally Posted by jazz04 View Post

So I am being told by my WC that the zavaz plaza is for small wedding parties only for receptions (10-15 people). She is now saying my options are the beach or a spot between building 3 and 4 b/c we have about 50 people.



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey ladies

I'm back after a long long break and boy am I nervous about everything. I am sooo  thankful to you all for posting and sharing all your beautiful pics and reviews.  It really calmed me down especially with the wedding fast approaching.  I have a few weeks to finalize everything so i've started second guessing everything.  I must say that you all have helped tremendously.  I just hope my day is as wonderful as yours.

 

Questions....1. Does anyone know about the mosquito situation in february?

2. I didn't plan for a cocktail party should I?  I figured with all the wonderful bars around lingering guests could stop by one on the way to the reception.  Is this a good idea or way to laid back?  if it sounds okay where should i suggest them to stop that on the way to the plaza? I want to add it to the programs. 

3. How was the flow of the wedding?

 

well thats all for now but more to come....Thanks ladies

 

Were getting married February 19, 2011 at 5pm at Azul Sensatori cheers.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



 

Originally Posted by jazz04 View Post

So I am being told by my WC that the zavaz plaza is for small wedding parties only for receptions (10-15 people). She is now saying my options are the beach or a spot between building 3 and 4 b/c we have about 50 people.

There is a small area (closer to the beach) that's called Zavas terrace(?) I know that's only for smaller groups. But the actually Zavaz plaza (which is between buildings 1 and 3) will hold I believe up to 80. I think the WC must be referring to this, since there is nothing on the family side to do receptions. We have 60-ish people for Zavas plaza confirmed there, with no problems.

 

 



Originally Posted by Less is more View Post

Hey ladies

I'm back after a long long break and boy am I nervous about everything. I am sooo  thankful to you all for posting and sharing all your beautiful pics and reviews.  It really calmed me down especially with the wedding fast approaching.  I have a few weeks to finalize everything so i've started second guessing everything.  I must say that you all have helped tremendously.  I just hope my day is as wonderful as yours.

 

Questions....1. Does anyone know about the mosquito situation in february?

2. I didn't plan for a cocktail party should I?  I figured with all the wonderful bars around lingering guests could stop by one on the way to the reception.  Is this a good idea or way to laid back?  if it sounds okay where should i suggest them to stop that on the way to the plaza? I want to add it to the programs. 

3. How was the flow of the wedding?

 

well thats all for now but more to come....Thanks ladies

 

Were getting married February 19, 2011 at 5pm at Azul Sensatori cheers.gif



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Thank you Murmel I will tell her this!
 

Originally Posted by murmel View Post



 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz04 View Post

So I am being told by my WC that the zavaz plaza is for small wedding parties only for receptions (10-15 people). She is now saying my options are the beach or a spot between building 3 and 4 b/c we have about 50 people.

There is a small area (closer to the beach) that's called Zavas terrace(?) I know that's only for smaller groups. But the actually Zavaz plaza (which is between buildings 1 and 3) will hold I believe up to 80. I think the WC must be referring to this, since there is nothing on the family side to do receptions. We have 60-ish people for Zavas plaza confirmed there, with no problems.

 

 


 

 


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She DID do an amazing job...but having a gorgeous wedding makes it easier! You guys make such a beautiful couple :)

I love the photos!!! The ones of you guys dancing...ah, looks like a blast!

Speaking of dancing, did the lights up the gazebo come with or did you add? It looks great!

 

Originally Posted by mzgillis316 View Post

Hi ladies I'm soooooooooooo excited our photographer posted some of our wedding pics  on her blog ...she did an AMAZING JOB!!!!

 

http://vidacarson.com/blog/weddings/shalon-and-darwins-riviera-maya-destination-wedding/



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Hey there,

 

I personally am opting out of the cocktail party.  I figure if I'm hosting a private reception with a special dinner, I don't want them to eat hors d'ouerves before.  And like you said, there are plenty of places for them to grab a drink.  They can go freshen up, whatever.  I will just give them an itinerary and a time to be back at the reception location.  :) 

Originally Posted by Less is more View Post

Hey ladies

I'm back after a long long break and boy am I nervous about everything. I am sooo  thankful to you all for posting and sharing all your beautiful pics and reviews.  It really calmed me down especially with the wedding fast approaching.  I have a few weeks to finalize everything so i've started second guessing everything.  I must say that you all have helped tremendously.  I just hope my day is as wonderful as yours.

 

Questions....1. Does anyone know about the mosquito situation in february?

2. I didn't plan for a cocktail party should I?  I figured with all the wonderful bars around lingering guests could stop by one on the way to the reception.  Is this a good idea or way to laid back?  if it sounds okay where should i suggest them to stop that on the way to the plaza? I want to add it to the programs. 

3. How was the flow of the wedding?

 

well thats all for now but more to come....Thanks ladies

 

Were getting married February 19, 2011 at 5pm at Azul Sensatori cheers.gif



 


Beautiful, beautiful photos!!

Originally Posted by mzgillis316 View Post

Hi ladies I'm soooooooooooo excited our photographer posted some of our wedding pics  on her blog ...she did an AMAZING JOB!!!!

 

http://vidacarson.com/blog/weddings/shalon-and-darwins-riviera-maya-destination-wedding/



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love the pics...not only does everyone look beautiful...everyone looks like they are are having an amazing time :)

 

Originally Posted by mzgillis316 View Post

Hi ladies I'm soooooooooooo excited our photographer posted some of our wedding pics  on her blog ...she did an AMAZING JOB!!!!

 

http://vidacarson.com/blog/weddings/shalon-and-darwins-riviera-maya-destination-wedding/



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Hello all!! I'm planning to get married next week. I'm working in an MNC and I'm gonna marry my colleague who is in my company. It's been ten months since we have started our relationship. He used to support in all my difficulties and used to help me in my work. Always he used to tell me about my smile. He says that I have a very good smile and he loves it. Recently I lost my front tooth after an accident and it resulted in a bad look for me. He told me that I lost my beautiful smile. I was totally disappointed and thought of finding a solution. I heard about dental dentures and took an appointment at a clinic in Scarborough. Will dentures affect my speech? What was your experience of getting dentures? 
    • Go for the third one. It is gorgeous and you will look stunning in that. I'm sure you will be noticed by other people. Go for it.
    • I would suggest the long one. You will look stunning in that. It is simple and elegant.
    • Both the gown are awesome and I'm sure you will look gorgeous in both. But I would suggest the first one. Go for it and Congratulations for your marriage.
    • Hello everyone,  I am still engaged, still not planning the big day, because we haven't chosen a date + we have some family stiff to do so I hope that this forum will help me a lot before the real craziness during the wedding planning period. Happy to be here
  • Topics

×