Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi Ladies -

 

Sorry I have been MIA. I've been back for almost a week and have been thrown back into the thick of it at work. I will post a review eventually and am happy to answer some questions for you as well.

 

Actually, I have peaked on here a couple of times but have been hesitant about posting my experience as I have a mixed review. I am trying to get somethings settled with Karisma and once I do I'll let you know how it all turned out. I hope I am not freaking anyone out...I am just type A and I had a brand new on site WC who was less than organized so I was very stressed. There were some mistakes but overall the wedding was beautiful and I will remember the day fondly.

 

In the meantime I can tell you the resort is beautiful we had perfect weather the whole week I was there, my bridal party looked lovely the food at the reception was great and I think the pics are going to be great. I haven't gotten a teaser from my photog yet but when I do I will post some.

 

Hope all is well with you all.

 

Amanda

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome back Mrs.!  So glad you had a fabulous time...even with the hicups.  Very anxious to hear the details! 
 

Originally Posted by amandamarieb View Post

Hi Ladies -

 

Sorry I have been MIA. I've been back for almost a week and have been thrown back into the thick of it at work. I will post a review eventually and am happy to answer some questions for you as well.

 

Actually, I have peaked on here a couple of times but have been hesitant about posting my experience as I have a mixed review. I am trying to get somethings settled with Karisma and once I do I'll let you know how it all turned out. I hope I am not freaking anyone out...I am just type A and I had a brand new on site WC who was less than organized so I was very stressed. There were some mistakes but overall the wedding was beautiful and I will remember the day fondly.

 

In the meantime I can tell you the resort is beautiful we had perfect weather the whole week I was there, my bridal party looked lovely the food at the reception was great and I think the pics are going to be great. I haven't gotten a teaser from my photog yet but when I do I will post some.

 

Hope all is well with you all.

 

Amanda



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by 1106wedding View Post

 

How much do they charge for make-up?

 

 

 

 

The Spa Menu says $168

 

 

 

Originally Posted by amandamarieb View Post

 

Hi Ladies -

 

Sorry I have been MIA. I've been back for almost a week and have been thrown back into the thick of it at work. I will post a review eventually and am happy to answer some questions for you as well.

 

Actually, I have peaked on here a couple of times but have been hesitant about posting my experience as I have a mixed review. I am trying to get somethings settled with Karisma and once I do I'll let you know how it all turned out. I hope I am not freaking anyone out...I am just type A and I had a brand new on site WC who was less than organized so I was very stressed. There were some mistakes but overall the wedding was beautiful and I will remember the day fondly.

 

In the meantime I can tell you the resort is beautiful we had perfect weather the whole week I was there, my bridal party looked lovely the food at the reception was great and I think the pics are going to be great. I haven't gotten a teaser from my photog yet but when I do I will post some.

 

Hope all is well with you all.

 

Amanda

 

 

Can't wait to hear all about it! CONGRATS Mrs.!!!! I am sorry you had some setbacks but everything went good in the end. I am glad to hear the food was good!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whoa...that is kinda crazy.  The spa menu I have says $85 for make-up (50mins).  And that includes a preview.

 

Which spa menu do you have?
 

Originally Posted by MaggieandJay View Post




The Spa Menu says $168


 



Can't wait to hear all about it! CONGRATS Mrs.!!!! I am sorry you had some setbacks but everything went good in the end. I am glad to hear the food was good!



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by arkae View Post

murmel! that's awesome..thank you sooo much for the dimension info! and our colours are turquoise and red with bits of white. i have no clue yet though about my decor sad.gif maybe we could go in on lanterns or something? have you already ordered stuff?  also, i would have loved to hire your hair/makeup lady, but looks like we're a day too early!! :) 

 

Plan on ordering 25-30 laterns tomorrow, colors turquoise, green and white. But we are bringing them with us. When is your wedding? If it works we could both use the turquoise and white. We plan on buying large vases at Walmart when we arrive to use as the centerpieces and then put limes into them. Then likely some tealights around the bottom of the vase. We arrive on January 19 (a few days ahead of our guests, and plan on doing the shopping on the 20-21) However my hair/makeup friend arrives on January 22.

Let me know if that might work!

 

Also can't remember if it was this page, but someone asked me about maracas and tequila glasses. We went to Market 28 in Cancun (and as luck has it my battery in my camera died...sorry). But the handpainted maracas ranged in price from about $5-10/piece depending on size. The $5 were about 8" long, while the $10 ones were larger. I am sure if you bought a whole bunch you could easily get them down to about $3/piece. As for handmade tequila glasses....saw lots of prefab ones with hand painting on them (ranging from $3-7). As for ceramic ones, only saw a few and they were about $5-7 /piece.

 

PA180055.jpg

Here are a few photos of the gazebo by the pier, my guess was about 8'x8' and about 7 1/2' tall. My fiancee is about 6'2" for comparison.PA180057.jpg

PA180028.jpgIn case anyone wanted a close up of the gazebo. Also we counted 4 electric boxes in the grasser area (each holding 4 plugs) and the gazebo had about 5 outlets. So in case you want power, it is available. I took a bunch of other shots, if anyone is interested let me know.

 

 

 

Originally Posted by amandamarieb View Post

In the meantime I can tell you the resort is beautiful we had perfect weather the whole week I was there, my bridal party looked lovely the food at the reception was great and I think the pics are going to be great. I haven't gotten a teaser from my photog yet but when I do I will post some.

 

Hope all is well with you all.

 

Amanda

Welcome back Amanda! Congratulations! I hope everything gets sorted out. But at the end of the day, you said it best 'it was a night to remember'-all the good things :)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



Here is the menu my WC sent me

 

http://issuu.com/karismahotels/docs/sensatori_spa_menu?mode=embed&layout=http%3A%2F%2Fskin.issuu.com%2Fv%2Flight%2Flayout.xml&showFlipBtn=true

Originally Posted by JaimeCF2BR View Post

Whoa...that is kinda crazy.  The spa menu I have says $85 for make-up (50mins).  And that includes a preview.

 

Which spa menu do you have?
 


 


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by JaimeCF2BR View Post

 

Whoa...that is kinda crazy.  The spa menu I have says $85 for make-up (50mins).  And that includes a preview.

 

Which spa menu do you have?

 

 

 

 

What did they quote you for Hair?

Preview was $55 for me

Hair Day of $85

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have the hard copy version of that same brochure, but I definitely notice a few differences.  The hair prices are the same though, $85 & $55. 

 

They gave this to me at the spa during my visit.  There is no date typed on it, but that seems ridiculous to change prices that much in just a few months.

 

What price does everyone else have for make-up?
 





Originally Posted by MaggieandJay View Post





What did they quote you for Hair?

Preview was $55 for me

Hair Day of $85



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



 

Quote:
Originally Posted by murmel View Post

 

Also can't remember if it was this page, but someone asked me about maracas and tequila glasses. We went to Market 28 in Cancun (and as luck has it my battery in my camera died...sorry). But the handpainted maracas ranged in price from about $5-10/piece depending on size. The $5 were about 8" long, while the $10 ones were larger. I am sure if you bought a whole bunch you could easily get them down to about $3/piece. As for handmade tequila glasses....saw lots of prefab ones with hand painting on them (ranging from $3-7). As for ceramic ones, only saw a few and they were about $5-7 /piece.

 

It was me - Thanks murmel. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your hair looked great! 

 

Originally Posted by ~Nicole~ View Post

Arkae - i used the spa for my hair.  I didn't do a trial.  I wanted my hair down but it was so windy we had to put it up, so I seriously had no inspiration pics to show them lol.  It worked out.  Oh and it stayed together the whole day.  Didn't move an inch lol.  Here are some pics:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • How to login Hotmail? Today I am going to show you how to login to any Hotmail account on Desktop and Mobile. If you have a Hotmail account but you don’t know how to sign in Hotmail, this post helps you login Hotmail easy way with pictures. If you don’t have Hotmail account, of course, let Sign up Hotmail. And now, Here is how to sign in Hotmail.
       
    • I and my partner are going to get married on August 12th. We met each other through a lesbian dating website. Both of us want that day to be a memorable day. We are in confused on which dress to wear for the wedding ceremony. Any suggestion on lesbian wedding dress? I prefer white, whereas my partner prefers of-white. Which one do you think will look good? Should we go for same dress or different one? Share your thoughts.
    • Choose the flower that is matching with the bride and gown dress.
    • Hotmail gmail login: How to change your gmail password and how to delete your Gmail account? GMAIL is the most popular emailing service, with almost had a billion people worldwide logging on every day to check their emails. Google has recently added a number of new updates to make it easier to secure your Gmail, as well as safely deleting your email account. How do you change your password or delete your hotmail account?
    • Việc tìm kiếm một phòng khám bệnh trĩ uy tín sẽ giúp người bệnh giảm bớt được cơn ác mộng đối với căn bệnh này. Bài viết dưới đây sẽ cung cấp giúp các bạn một số những thông tin về phòng khám bệnh trĩ Thái Hà http://benhtrithaiha.com
  • Topics

×