Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper55 View Post
Amy your pics are great, thanks for sharing! I'm also wondering how many guests you had, I'd heard from Carolina the Gazebo would only accomodate 20.

Congrats!!
All of our photos can be viewed below.

_G7D4631 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

My ghetto review

THE GOOD. Carolina from Azul and Gilberto for Lomas took awesome care of us. Caribe Photo (specifically Jose) was creative and amazing. We now refer to him as the camera ninja b/c we have no clue how he got the shots he did. I requested that he take a casual approach to our day. Our flowers (all red roses, my fav.) were gorgeous and lived for an entire week following the wedding. The spa was spectacular and I loved my hair and make-up. The spa staff were the most friendly and well trained. Milton the food and beverage manager (whom we named El Padrino/The Godfather, this guy is huge and everywhere)was extra attentive and our meal/cake were delicious. There are a couple of pics of me talking with him and you will see what I mean about the whole El Padrino thing.

THE BAD. The resort was beautiful but I wish they staff (except wedding and spa) had been a little better trained. Some glitches included restaurants not being open due to the resort not being at capacity (this was upsetting b/c we had all paid in full to be there) Confusion when ordering and an overall feeling of chaos (mostly in the restaurants) The most frustrating thing was that when you would ask for something or complain, the staff would just smile and nod, yet do nothing to solve the problem. I was also turned off by the amount of garbage that was left laying around the resort (room service carts with old food for 24hrs next to the elevators). We never had our room decorated on the honeymoon night and also never received our breakfast the following morning. We were lucky if the room service would show up before dinner and turn down service didn't exist. There were many other things that really got to me but not worth re-hashing or stressing you all out over since they will most likely be worked out by the time you get there. I may have been a bit hyper sensative due to the occasion but do feel I had many valid concerns as well. I almost called the destination weddings emergency # b/c I was so angry with the resort one day but the front desk manager stopped me and convinced me to calm down and promised to get back to me later that day with some resolve (we never heard from him) The following day,I once again complained to a different front desk manager who then handled things more professionally. They upgraded us to a casita suite at the El Dorado for our honeymoon, so in the end I felt satisfied. I regret having been so overwhelmed and upset for most of the visit due to the lack of service/professionalism. It was tough to hear that our guests were being moved from room to room b/c of bad plumbing, gross water ect.. I felt bad for hosting people who had traveled so far and then had these kind of issues upon their arrival.

I know this is not much of a review but I don't want to get to detailed and cause you all undue stress. As I mentioned I know this place will be dynamite within another couple months (if that).

To end on a happy note. We are back home in Chicago (I ordered an Italian Beef as soon as we walked in the door) and married. I would be happy to answer any other questions for you guys. Pls. email me at amysteele444@hotmail.com. It's much easier for me to respond from there.

Take care and happy planning:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.StephP.2Be View Post
Amysteele444:

Thank you so much for sharing with us. What a beautiful wedding!

I too have a question if you don't mind sharing some more...where did you get your shoes? I love them! I want to be barefoot for our beach ceremony but I am having a hard time finding something pretty and flat for the reception. Thanks again beautiful bride!
My shoes were from Blue Tux. I got them at a store in Chicago but I know you can find them online. They had extra leather padding inside and rocked on the dance floor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmisssunshine View Post
Amy- your wedding photos are beautiful! I love your dress, just perfect. Do you mind if I ask where you got your bridesmaids dresses? They are just what I had in mind and are really cute!
Bridesmaids dresses came from JCrew. It worked out great b/c both of my bridesmaids live out of state.

Hey all, I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.

I am leaving for my my cruise early Sunday (Nov. 30) morning and will be doing a site visit at Sensatori on Friday (Dec. 5). I plan on taking a bunch of pictures and reporting back on how everything goes. If anyone has any specific questions they want me to ask while I am there, PM me or post them and I will do my best to get them answered!

Amy, you looked beautiful! Thank you for sharing all your pictures and comments :) Can't wait to hear more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensatori Bride View Post
Has anyone explored the option of having a reception off site?? Just curious to know if that would turn out cheaper than the private event at the hotel. Thoughts??
We looked into some off site options when we were thinking about having our wedding at a different resort. It seemed just as expensive plus some and such a hassle trying to transport guests to and from the site. To me being at an beautiful all-inclusive is not having to leave :) Plus, you have to add the factor of many more vendors and other stresses to worry about.

I couldn't handle it. I would maybe search the forum, I'm sure there are brides on here that are planning off site.