Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi Girls, I need your opinion on flowers because FI doesn't get it. haha.. I am having a bouquet with purple iris and white lilies and my bridesmaids are having just purple iris. I wanted to have my FI have a white lily and the groomsmen/dads have purple lilies and moms have purple lily corsages, but there is no such thing as a purple lily only a calla lily. Would it look dumb to have the groomsmen, dads and moms have purple calla lily flowers while FI and I have regular lilies? Thanks for your opinions!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are doing a beach ceremony and reception. I wanted to do either the yoga platform or plaza zavaz for the reception but they were both unavailable!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maggie, I'm gonna start searching for that type of stuff.  I will let you know what I find!!

 

And, I believe I'm just going to purchase my flowers from someone on etsy.  I'm nervous b/c I'm not a very good visualizer.  She is doing orange and white mini calla lillies, asiatic lillys in fuschia w/turquoise ribbon and gems.  Does it sound too busy with all the colors?  Or should it be okay?  I'm SOOOO indecisive!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm, they are quite different.  Is there any other flower that is flowy like the lily? 

 

Originally Posted by Chapa View Post

Hi Girls, I need your opinion on flowers because FI doesn't get it. haha.. I am having a bouquet with purple iris and white lilies and my bridesmaids are having just purple iris. I wanted to have my FI have a white lily and the groomsmen/dads have purple lilies and moms have purple lily corsages, but there is no such thing as a purple lily only a calla lily. Would it look dumb to have the groomsmen, dads and moms have purple calla lily flowers while FI and I have regular lilies? Thanks for your opinions!  


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by Chapa View Post

 

Hi Girls, I need your opinion on flowers because FI doesn't get it. haha.. I am having a bouquet with purple iris and white lilies and my bridesmaids are having just purple iris. I wanted to have my FI have a white lily and the groomsmen/dads have purple lilies and moms have purple lily corsages, but there is no such thing as a purple lily only a calla lily. Would it look dumb to have the groomsmen, dads and moms have purple calla lily flowers while FI and I have regular lilies? Thanks for your opinions!  

 

I think as long as your staying with a common theme which it seems you are that it is going to look great

 

 

 

Originally Posted by Chapa View Post

 

We are doing a beach ceremony and reception. I wanted to do either the yoga platform or plaza zavaz for the reception but they were both unavailable!

 

 

BOO What's your date?

 

 

Originally Posted by TLGnhci View Post

 

Maggie, I'm gonna start searching for that type of stuff.  I will let you know what I find!!

 

And, I believe I'm just going to purchase my flowers from someone on etsy.  I'm nervous b/c I'm not a very good visualizer.  She is doing orange and white mini calla lillies, asiatic lillys in fuschia w/turquoise ribbon and gems.  Does it sound too busy with all the colors?  Or should it be okay?  I'm SOOOO indecisive!

 

 

I am going with Esty as well I just sent her a couple inspirational pictures and Asked for pricing. I haven't committed yet but I know this sounds selfish but I am only really worried about my bouquet. I think those colors sound great!

 

Let me know what you find on the mRs.

 

Also ladies for anyone planning to use Hair Clipin extensions (I am :) ) I found a vendor that I ordered a sample from that my hairdresser recommended. I will let you know how it turns out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, I'm gonna need some lessons in this "etsy" thing.  I keep seeing this word throughout the forum, and I tried to look at etsy.com....but I just dont really get it. 

 

If anyone can PM me a briefing on the whole thing, that would be awesome!!  Cause apparently its time for me to get on the ball with flowers :)
 

Originally Posted by TLGnhci View Post

 

And, I believe I'm just going to purchase my flowers from someone on etsy.  I'm nervous b/c I'm not a very good visualizer.  She is doing orange and white mini calla lillies, asiatic lillys in fuschia w/turquoise ribbon and gems.  Does it sound too busy with all the colors?  Or should it be okay?  I'm SOOOO indecisive!



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LoL Jaime.  To be honest, the first time I went on there, I wasn't that into it.  But, now I'm addicted to it.  It's basically tons of crafty people all in one place with tons of ideas.  There are bouquets, bouts, hair flowers, decor, cake toppers, shoe clips, jewelry, etc.  I ordered a necklace.  I'm not quite sure about it just yet, as I'm not sure if it will look too "fake" but we will see.  It's pretty. 

 

So, just go to etsy.com, set up an account and then start browsing.  As you find something you like, you can click save to favorites.  Then, all of the things you clicked on are right on your "home" page.  If you want to contact a seller, you simply click contact on one of their items for sale, and go from there.  Their profile will also give you reviews and additional pics of things they have sold in the past. 

 

You have my email.  Feel free to ask any more questions!

 

Originally Posted by JaimeCF2BR View Post

Ok, I'm gonna need some lessons in this "etsy" thing.  I keep seeing this word throughout the forum, and I tried to look at etsy.com....but I just dont really get it. 

 

If anyone can PM me a briefing on the whole thing, that would be awesome!!  Cause apparently its time for me to get on the ball with flowers :)
 


 


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

April 30, 2011.. kinda wierd! I thought there could only be 2 weddings!

 

Originally Posted by MaggieandJay View Post




I think as long as your staying with a common theme which it seems you are that it is going to look great


 



BOO What's your date?

 



I am going with Esty as well I just sent her a couple inspirational pictures and Asked for pricing. I haven't committed yet but I know this sounds selfish but I am only really worried about my bouquet. I think those colors sound great!

 

Let me know what you find on the mRs.

 

Also ladies for anyone planning to use Hair Clipin extensions (I am :) ) I found a vendor that I ordered a sample from that my hairdresser recommended. I will let you know how it turns out.



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the Etsy description!!  Jamie, I am with you, I need to get started on flowers and hear about Etsy all the time, so nice to get some info, thanks Tisha!  I feel like I am slacking off in planning too.  We are just waiting for 2 more couples to book and some out of town family, but thats it.  I really need to start thinking about our AHR.  I feel so overwhelmed that I can't even pick a venue to get started. Oh well, I will get on it!  Just need to look around this forum for some inspiration I think!  Lot's of support around here, I'm so glad I found this forum!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Thank you!  I'll have to play around with the site this weekend.  I might be emailing you!  :)
 

Originally Posted by TLGnhci View Post

LoL Jaime.  To be honest, the first time I went on there, I wasn't that into it.  But, now I'm addicted to it.  It's basically tons of crafty people all in one place with tons of ideas.  There are bouquets, bouts, hair flowers, decor, cake toppers, shoe clips, jewelry, etc.  I ordered a necklace.  I'm not quite sure about it just yet, as I'm not sure if it will look too "fake" but we will see.  It's pretty. 

 

So, just go to etsy.com, set up an account and then start browsing.  As you find something you like, you can click save to favorites.  Then, all of the things you clicked on are right on your "home" page.  If you want to contact a seller, you simply click contact on one of their items for sale, and go from there.  Their profile will also give you reviews and additional pics of things they have sold in the past. 

 

You have my email.  Feel free to ask any more questions!

 


 




They will only do 2 weddings, but they could also be reserved for someone's Welcome Cocktails or Rehearsal Dinner.  They have alot of locations available...but the best ones seem to go fast!!
 

Originally Posted by Chapa View Post

April 30, 2011.. kinda wierd! I thought there could only be 2 weddings!

 



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×