Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Is anyone having drinks at the ceremony site? I saw some pictures of everyone toasting after the ceremony... how much is it? My WC sent me the wine and champagne list and that's not what I am looking for. Any suggestions? Should I just have everyone go to the reception area to get the drinks? What do you think?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Originally Posted by chong View Post

Is anyone having drinks at the ceremony site? I saw some pictures of everyone toasting after the ceremony... how much is it? My WC sent me the wine and champagne list and that's not what I am looking for. Any suggestions? Should I just have everyone go to the reception area to get the drinks? What do you think?

 


We had a signature cocktail served to our guests at the ceremony site immediately following the ceremony, and the best part is that it was free!  I was never clear as to why it was free, but you should ask.  Other brides I talked to said theirs was free as well.  We included the recipe for our drink on our details sheet and they made it no problem.  AmyKH had a tasting of some cocktails she was considering once she got down there, as I recall, and didn't send hers ahead of time.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



You should feel okay venting to all of us...it's what we are all here for...we are all going through similar things and we get it....once the venting is done..you'll feel better and be able to feel all the happiness and excitement that you want and deserve.

 

Having said that....it's a stressful time...but it's also an amazing time and you need to sit back and enjoy it...all the craziness just adds to it. You have to remember that not everything will turn out exactlty as you want it to...and so what??? Everything happens for a reason...and everythinhg will be a great story and memory.....

Relax....Breathe....and Enjoy it all :)

Originally Posted by beaz2be View Post

Okay ladies, I am writing this post in a hopes to affirm something for myself.  I have been feeling and expressing a lot of negativity over my wedding this past week or two.  Both on this forum and just a feeling I've had.  It's felt like more stress than fun and that is NOT what I want my planning experience to be.  I think partly it's because planning a wedding IS really stressful;  partly because I picked up my dress last weekend - which was awesome - but has also made me a bit overwhelmed about this day actually happening and all that needs to be done before that; and partly because a lot of the work I've done to date hasn't resulted in anything tangible, other than bills to be paid.  I've done a LOT of planning, hunting, working on invitations, yet nothing is completed and I think that makes me feel like nothing's been done (I know in my heart that's not true but still)... finally, the stress with the WC organization I think is getting to a number of us Brides2Be

 

So... I am writing it on here to have you guys help hold me accountable.  I WILL have a positive outlook on things.  I WILL be excited that I'm going to work on invitations tonight and that I'm going to also go look for wedding bands and to have my e-ring appraised locally (for our insurance co.);  I WILL try not to get overwhelmed by the cost of the wedding and I WILL try and express my excitement to others (on the forum and elsewhere) and not my stresses.

 

positivity attracts positivity right?!?!  :-)

 

Thanks for letting me use this forum to express myself ladies.  I will try and be a positive reflection to you all as much as possible from here on out.  (that doesn't mean no venting from time-to-time obviously.  But hopefully not the majority of my posts).  rolleyes.gif  YOU GIRLS ARE GREAT!!



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This doesn't answer your question, but it reminded me of something else I wanted to mention to you girls.

 

During our site visit in March, the onsite coordinator told us we can bring our own champagne/wine for a $25/bottle corking fee.  This sounds outrageous, but if you insist on having Veuve, Dom, etc. for your toast (like my FI!)...it could actually turn out cheaper to bring your own.  Just another tip.
 

Originally Posted by chong View Post

Is anyone having drinks at the ceremony site? I saw some pictures of everyone toasting after the ceremony... how much is it? My WC sent me the wine and champagne list and that's not what I am looking for. Any suggestions? Should I just have everyone go to the reception area to get the drinks? What do you think?

 



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by beaz2be View Post

 

Okay ladies, I am writing this post in a hopes to affirm something for myself.  I have been feeling and expressing a lot of negativity over my wedding this past week or two.  Both on this forum and just a feeling I've had.  It's felt like more stress than fun and that is NOT what I want my planning experience to be.  I think partly it's because planning a wedding IS really stressful;  partly because I picked up my dress last weekend - which was awesome - but has also made me a bit overwhelmed about this day actually happening and all that needs to be done before that; and partly because a lot of the work I've done to date hasn't resulted in anything tangible, other than bills to be paid.  I've done a LOT of planning, hunting, working on invitations, yet nothing is completed and I think that makes me feel like nothing's been done (I know in my heart that's not true but still)... finally, the stress with the WC organization I think is getting to a number of us Brides2Be

 

So... I am writing it on here to have you guys help hold me accountable.  I WILL have a positive outlook on things.  I WILL be excited that I'm going to work on invitations tonight and that I'm going to also go look for wedding bands and to have my e-ring appraised locally (for our insurance co.);  I WILL try not to get overwhelmed by the cost of the wedding and I WILL try and express my excitement to others (on the forum and elsewhere) and not my stresses.

 

positivity attracts positivity right?!?!  :-)

 

Thanks for letting me use this forum to express myself ladies.  I will try and be a positive reflection to you all as much as possible from here on out.  (that doesn't mean no venting from time-to-time obviously.  But hopefully not the majority of my posts).  rolleyes.gif  YOU GIRLS ARE GREAT!!

I can totally relate, which is why I have been MIA here.  All of the decisions, vendor options, Karisma/Lomas WC drama, TA issues and pricing, and ALL just became overwhelming combined. I too took the time to reflect and make a firm decision that positive energy was going to be my ally. We all experience the valleys and peaks throughout this process....it's natural. Be kind to yourself and know that you aren't alone. *Hugs*

Originally Posted by mmc1105 View Post

 

10 more posts and I can open attachments!!! How exciting :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by JaimeCF2BR View Post

 

I'm getting there too...so anxious for the downloads!! 

 

It you want to be able to open things sooner, go over and welcome some Newbies and also post in the threads that you view that you enjoy, which also helps you bookmark threads that you might want to re-visit again. For example, I looked through ALOT of planning threads to gather ideas of what I'd like to see on our day. I also posted compliments regarding the things I liked and this helped me obtain more point posts while also "researching" ideas. Just a thought to allow you the chance to open things sooner.....

Originally Posted by amandamarieb View Post

Thanks. Here's the photo of the bags. Like I said I had them custom printed with our initails, Riviera Maya and our wedding date. I am sad that the handles don't match the rest of the bags but for the price, customization and overall quality, I am pretty darn happy. :)

 

 

 

I was unable to open this file from both of our pc's. :-(

 

weclome bags.docx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi girls - just a quick note that if anyone wants to ask me anything, please PM me.  I do not read this thread regularly anymore - I logged on after 1 week and there are 91 new messages! whew :)

 

I hope all of your planning is going well.  Sounds like the WCs are getting worse than they were before (which is unimaginable).  Know that you can change/add/remove ANYTHING once you get down to Mexico.  All you need are your locations picked and everything else can be taken care of at the resort.  I bet you can even change your menu if you want! 

 

Looking back on my wedding 4 months later - I think the most important thing was having a great time with my husband and our guests.  Everything else is very faded into the background.  

Your happiness and your love will shine through everything - that's what makes a good wedding!!!

 

Good luck B2Bs!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Ladies,

 

i have to say my favourite is Chongs advice: don't let FI boss me around just cause he is paying for the wedding LOL!  Thanks for the support!!  I wanted to comment on the fact that a lot of our prices are all over the map but I'm Canadian too so I do think our rates have been comparable.  I asked my TA about it and as there is so much more volume of business on the American side there are more deals to be had, especially the bride and groom stay free promo, if you qualify that's amazing!  Our guests out of Toronto are paying 1540 for the week for jr jacuzzi suites, we are going Wed to Wed, April 20-27 over the Easter long weekend.  Our BC guests were quoted 1770.  The only problem I have now is that we only have 30 reserved seats on the plane and have 25 guests booked already.  Stressful! This means we can only book one or two more rooms as after that our seats on the plane run out and any more guests can't get that package.  Guests are on their own after that, having to take a different flight & will cost more to stay at the resort.  Well, the most important people are already coming, by family and closest friends, so anyone else who makes it down there is a bonus!  Also we are going to have a good sized AHR party, so everyone else can come to that!  Thanks for the advice and listening it helps me stay sane!

I will keep you posted on what we are doing for our honeymoon, I'm still not sure.  It's 1540 pp for FI and I plus 1245pp for the 2nd week.  I'm trying to see if switching resorts the 2nd week will bring down the cost.  fingers crossed! 

also you are right, positive attracts positive, so it's great we are all here to support each other. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by Mahalo79 View Post

 

Hello Ladies,

 

i have to say my favourite is Chongs advice: don't let FI boss me around just cause he is paying for the wedding LOL!  Thanks for the support!!  I wanted to comment on the fact that a lot of our prices are all over the map but I'm Canadian too so I do think our rates have been comparable.  I asked my TA about it and as there is so much more volume of business on the American side there are more deals to be had, especially the bride and groom stay free promo, if you qualify that's amazing!  Our guests out of Toronto are paying 1540 for the week for jr jacuzzi suites, we are going Wed to Wed, April 20-27 over the Easter long weekend.  Our BC guests were quoted 1770.  The only problem I have now is that we only have 30 reserved seats on the plane and have 25 guests booked already.  Stressful! This means we can only book one or two more rooms as after that our seats on the plane run out and any more guests can't get that package.  Guests are on their own after that, having to take a different flight & will cost more to stay at the resort.  Well, the most important people are already coming, by family and closest friends, so anyone else who makes it down there is a bonus!  Also we are going to have a good sized AHR party, so everyone else can come to that!  Thanks for the advice and listening it helps me stay sane!

I will keep you posted on what we are doing for our honeymoon, I'm still not sure.  It's 1540 pp for FI and I plus 1245pp for the 2nd week.  I'm trying to see if switching resorts the 2nd week will bring down the cost.  fingers crossed! 

also you are right, positive attracts positive, so it's great we are all here to support each other. 

I would call your TA about the fine print for your group booking. We reserved/held 25 seats out of Toronto, but the company was willing to extend our group rate up to 35 people (ie. extra 10 spots) as long as they booked before our deadline. Hope that helps!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Does this include flight also or just the hotel? I am staying around the same time as you and was wondering if we got reasonable rates since everyone says there is such variation?
 

Originally Posted by Mahalo79 View Post

Hello Ladies,

 

i have to say my favourite is Chongs advice: don't let FI boss me around just cause he is paying for the wedding LOL!  Thanks for the support!!  I wanted to comment on the fact that a lot of our prices are all over the map but I'm Canadian too so I do think our rates have been comparable.  I asked my TA about it and as there is so much more volume of business on the American side there are more deals to be had, especially the bride and groom stay free promo, if you qualify that's amazing!  Our guests out of Toronto are paying 1540 for the week for jr jacuzzi suites, we are going Wed to Wed, April 20-27 over the Easter long weekend.  Our BC guests were quoted 1770.  The only problem I have now is that we only have 30 reserved seats on the plane and have 25 guests booked already.  Stressful! This means we can only book one or two more rooms as after that our seats on the plane run out and any more guests can't get that package.  Guests are on their own after that, having to take a different flight & will cost more to stay at the resort.  Well, the most important people are already coming, by family and closest friends, so anyone else who makes it down there is a bonus!  Also we are going to have a good sized AHR party, so everyone else can come to that!  Thanks for the advice and listening it helps me stay sane!

I will keep you posted on what we are doing for our honeymoon, I'm still not sure.  It's 1540 pp for FI and I plus 1245pp for the 2nd week.  I'm trying to see if switching resorts the 2nd week will bring down the cost.  fingers crossed! 

also you are right, positive attracts positive, so it's great we are all here to support each other. 



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • The cooking method can double the calorie content of a meal, so learn about healthy cooking without having to add extra fats, like using a steamer,  a rotisserie , a slow cooker , a pressure cooker, a grill. Once you cook your own meals, you can control the calorie content because your control the cooking method and all the ingredients. A lot of people are overweight because they keep eating food that they did not cook.
    • I have stayed at Dreams La Romana and Dreams Dominicus.  The two resorts are very different in style and decor. A few comparison points are below and fact sheets are attached for both.   Both resorts are approx 45 minutes from Punta Cana airport, close proximity to Saona Island, Catalina Island and Altos de Chavon. Top championship golf courses in the Caribbean are just minutes away including Teeth of the Dog, Dye Fore, The Links and La Estancia – all designed by world-famous Pete Dye. Restaurants are similar at both resorts.  Both offer the Explorers Club for Kids.  Dreams Dominicus  Brand new resort and in 2016 488 rooms (however additional construction was underway) More contemporary style & decor Good beach area Rooms were very nice Preferred Club located in main lobby and adjacent to main pool & beach front Food was good Center plaza area with nighttime entertainment Main lobby is small, but outdoor bar off lobby is nice Dreams La Romana Originally built in 2003 & opened as Dreams La Romana in 2008 756 rooms Recently renovated and new preferred club adults only lounge & pool added  Rooms are more traditional Caribbean decor Grounds are very lush and tropical Good beach area food was good    Dreams Dominicus fact sheet.pdf Dreams La Romana fact sheet.pdf
    • My sister has done it but with the destination wedding, only super close family members and friends came since it was expensive and farther. It was great though.
    • Thanks! I had it printed out. Very useful!!
    • Hello Guys, Are you looking for affordable wedding venue, reception halls, party rentals, outdoor event venue, birthday party venue in mobile al.  Choose Anne-Marie Cottage for your special occasion. Our cottage is an affordable venue for your intimate wedding.   Thank u 
  • Topics

×