Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenHeart View Post
Haha, I honestly don't think anyone is "expecting" gifts from you to be honest :)

I'd say paying for the dresses and MOH shoes is quite a gift. I didn't pay for dresses and shoes at all, although I did tell them they could wear whatever they wanted as long as it was cute, black and to their knees with black shoes. More cocktail attire almost, I figured if I wasn't paying for their attire I couldn't force them to wear whatever I wanted.

Soooo to answer you're question I'm doing OOT bags for the guests and a special OOT bag for the wedding party.

For my MOH & FI's BM I made custom Converse (I made some for FI & I too) with their names on them.

For the bridesmaids I have the following so far:

Little bag to give to them before we leave:
- Custom passport covers of vintage maps of Mexico and vintage Mexican stamps all stitched together
- Neck pillow for the flight
- Homemade bubble bath and or bath salts
- Maybe luggage tags

In OOT bag for BM's/MOH at resort I'll hand out upon their arrival to the hotel:

Big black and white striped beach bags
- black pashmina
- JCrew flip flops
- sleep mask
- dry erase door hanger
- room key/tip holder on wristlet
- cocktails for Dummies book
- common Spanish phrases book
- travel candle
- custom matches
- necklace made by me
- hair feather fascinator made by me
- deck of cards
- lip balm
- welcome letter and card
- guest room finder
- wedding week timeline
- maraca
- going to the dollar store forr buy repellant, hangover kit stuff and vitamins, snacks and protein bars.

The boys will have messenger bags with:

- Regular Converse
- Fun argyle socks and tie for the wedding
- Flip flops
- dry erase door hanger
- travel candle
- custom matches
- deck of cards
- lip balm
- guest room finder
- wedding week timeline
- maraca
- going to the dollar store forr buy repellant, hangover kit stuff and vitamins, snacks and protein bars.

Holy smokes... I think I've gotten totally out of control!!!

Not until just now listing everything out have I realized that I need to calm down.

shots.gifshots.gifshots.gif
WOW!! I want to be one of your guests!! lol

they're going to be mega spoilt but they're all going to love it

unfortunately we've decided we just can't afford to do that (on that scale anyway) but I do want to get people phrase books before we go and I've managed to get a list of excursions and prices from our tour operator rep out there. Then people can plan their budget around what's on offer and how expensive it is!

I'll probably end up doing a little something, but only at last minute - there's too much other stuff to get done that's more important!!

we'll see!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Nicole~ View Post
lolo - I bought our wedding party attire too and that was their gift. Now that we're back and I have my pics I'm putting together a frame with a wedding party pic in it for each couple, shot glasses and a bottle of tequila for the boys, and something small for the girls that I haven't figured out yet lol. And yes, it has been months since my wedding.... that's how "on the ball" I am haha. I suck.
aw Nicole you don't suck!!

I'm sure they're not expecting anything anyway so an unexpected gift is always gratefully received. plus you have had to wait for your wedding photos, and choose one, and then it was xmas and NY....

noone will think anything of it!

but it is a really lovely and thoughtful idea :)

I've bought my BM dresses and shoes - mainly because I'm a total wimp and hate talking to people about money!! I just feel so uncomfortable, and I hate that feeling like i've asked them to be my BM's and then I'm asking them to pay for their stuff too (when they're already paying to come to Mexico!) see - I suck!! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie_2010 View Post
ok, a little update - I've actually ordered our AHR invites!!! woop woop! something ticked off the list, and it's made me get excited about it all again - sending them out and waiting for replies is going to be mega exciting!!

still looking for somewhere to live, and it's my job today to phone up places to get viewings (whilst also trying to work! lol) so that should also be a step in the right direction on the moving front too :)

(Amy F, you'd be proud - I was stressing so much I wrote a list of what I needed to get done that was spinning round my head, and I felt better straight away! I do love a list!!)

Happy Monday ladies rockon.gif
That's awesome!!! DO you have a picture of them? I wanna see :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolo View Post
I finally finished the corsages!! 8 mens and 4 ladies.
What do you girls think? They are simple and I made them so be gentle:)
Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.
I think I did pretty good for my first time. Kinda girly but I needed ribbon to cover the floral tape. Thanks You tube!!

OMG wedding is less that 2 months away now......so excited!!!!!!

Loloâ€s to doâ€s:
1) Finished corsages!!!
2) Final fitting of TTD Jan 5
3) Wedding dress alterations started Jan 5
4) Started templates for personalized party mugs. Call to see if mugs are in
5) After 3 weeks off of insanity I am starting today. i don't care if my back hurts!!
6) Finished home outfitters registry!!
7)get marriage license
book JP for legal ceremony before we go Today
Those are so cool!!! Great job on your "To-Dos" as well. Looks like you are getting everything done. 1 month!!! ahhhhhh I would do anything to get out of this cold and go to Mexico! Do you need another bridesmaid? wink.gif

Quote:
Is it wrong of me not to do a OOT bag? (what does OOT stand forhuh.gif)
We are doing starbucks create a mug (not cheap) and putting names and pics of each person on the mug.
Great for keeping drinks cold, and bigger than most cups they give at the bar.
I think your gift sounds great! As long as you give them a lil something to remember the trip, I think you are golden! That will also be something they can use the entire trip AND travel with easily on the way home. Can't wait to see what they look like!

Quote:
Please don't be jealous of me, I'm not tiny and far from perfect. It's all about illusions, I'm tall and wear tall heels. I have really long legs too so I appear smaller in clothing especially how I dress. I have a short torso and HUGE hips, seriously big ol' hips.

That's awesome you lost 6lbs!! Losing weight like I did, very quickly with a drastic diet change is not good for you and it's temporary. So don't be too impressed :)
You do not have big ol' hips. You sound like my best friend, who is a size 2. But I understand what you mean...In clothes, I look fine...in lingerie, swimsuit, etc...not so much right now!

Quote:
another question.... I paid for all of the BM dresses and MOH shoes. Is a gift for them still appropriate? I thought maybe we could find something small in mexico as a gift/souvenir. We are going to the silver factory and am hoping to find cheap silver jewlery. As for th GM only 1 of the original boys asked is coming...maybe we'll just buy them drinks at the resort. LOL
What did you girls do for gifts?
I think that is PLENTY for them. That had to have been expensive! I am not sure what I am getting in terms or gifts yet. Like you suggested, something small and memorable would be the best compliment to what you already got them.

Quote:
Haha, I honestly don't think anyone is "expecting" gifts from you to be honest :)

I'd say paying for the dresses and MOH shoes is quite a gift. I didn't pay for dresses and shoes at all, although I did tell them they could wear whatever they wanted as long as it was cute, black and to their knees with black shoes. More cocktail attire almost, I figured if I wasn't paying for their attire I couldn't force them to wear whatever I wanted.

Soooo to answer you're question I'm doing OOT bags for the guests and a special OOT bag for the wedding party.

For my MOH & FI's BM I made custom Converse (I made some for FI & I too) with their names on them.

For the bridesmaids I have the following so far:

Little bag to give to them before we leave:
- Custom passport covers of vintage maps of Mexico and vintage Mexican stamps all stitched together
- Neck pillow for the flight
- Homemade bubble bath and or bath salts
- Maybe luggage tags

In OOT bag for BM's/MOH at resort I'll hand out upon their arrival to the hotel:

Big black and white striped beach bags
- black pashmina
- JCrew flip flops
- sleep mask
- dry erase door hanger
- travel candle
- custom matches
- necklace made by me
- hair feather fascinator made by me
- deck of cards
- lip balm
- guest room finder
- wedding week timeline
- maraca

The boys will have messenger bags with:

- Regular Converse
- Fun argyle socks and tie for the wedding
- Flip flops
- dry erase door hanger
- travel candle
- custom matches
- deck of cards
- lip balm
- guest room finder
- wedding week timeline
- maraca

Holy smokes... I think I've gotten totally out of control!!!

Not until just now listing everything out have I realized that I need to calm down.

shots.gifshots.gifshots.gif
All that sounds so cute! I guess I need to start thinking about gifts soon...considering my wedding is 7 MONTHS FROM THURSDAY!!! Oh gosh, minor anxiety attack. wink.gif Will you make me a pair of converse? I love my Chuck T's!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Nicole~ View Post
lolo - I bought our wedding party attire too and that was their gift. Now that we're back and I have my pics I'm putting together a frame with a wedding party pic in it for each couple, shot glasses and a bottle of tequila for the boys, and something small for the girls that I haven't figured out yet lol. And yes, it has been months since my wedding.... that's how "on the ball" I am haha. I suck.
That's precious!!!!! You do not suck at all!! They will love getting another surprise after the wedding...AND like I told her earlier, they didn't have to worry about transporting it back home.