Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

oh and I have to confess in my sad little way at being picky and a bit of a perfectionist...last night I re-wrote all the stuff out in my wedding note book, into a new one because it wasn't neat enough!!!!!!!! as if I haven't got enough to do already!!![/QU

Katie, your so funny. Send me your address and ill send ya a few more things :) ive got plenttttttyyyyy!!!!!!!! :)

I am newly engaged and my FI and I are considering a DW and Azul and Paradisus are on our list. Any information you can provide would be helpful. I've emailed them but have not gotten any information yet. We think we would do the gold package. Any info on the menu options? Ceremony location pictures? If we have above 40 what the cost is? Photographer recommendations and cost? Has the Ipod option worked well and if so do I need to rent speakers? Welcome dinner or reception costs/locations? So many questions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by avong1228 View Post
I am newly engaged and my FI and I are considering a DW and Azul and Paradisus are on our list. Any information you can provide would be helpful. I've emailed them but have not gotten any information yet. We think we would do the gold package. Any info on the menu options? Ceremony location pictures? If we have above 40 what the cost is? Photographer recommendations and cost? Has the Ipod option worked well and if so do I need to rent speakers? Welcome dinner or reception costs/locations? So many questions!
welcome!!

and congrats on your engagement :)

This thread has TONS of information. I'd have a read through as much as you can stomach and you'll probably get an idea for most of what you've asked...different people want different things and therefore opinions on things will vary, but the thread has all those different views on so you'll get a balance.

The main thing I'd say is don't think you'll get everything you want included in the gold package. There will be lots of things that they will charge you extra for. All the past brides on here will tell you how great the place is to get married and how amazing their day was (so great choice) but they will be honest that they probably got frustrated at the number of things they were told they had to pay extra for. But so long as you're prepared for that, you will be more than fine.

There are only 2 approved photographers for the resort and they are not ones that people rave about - most bring their own, but you would have to fly them in with you and have them stay as a guest for more than 3 nights (I think I've got this right, but girls if I haven't please do correct me).

Hope that helps initially :) good luck with your search...and I know the girls will all reply to you with loads of information as well!

The wedding coordinator told me as long as our photographer stays for 3 nights, then we do not have to pay the outside vendor fee. After doing cost comparison, this was the best option for us to get quality pictures at the best price!

Is anyone else doing the Pearl Package? I looked at all three package options, and we decided to go with the Pearl Package and then build it up from there.

Quote:
Wow, you have to fly them in! The reason we are considering a DW is cost but it seems like the more I read about photographers, DJ's, flowers, etc ... it is adding up.

Im getting scared!
That, unfortunately was the exact reason why I had to change to another hotel (feel free to take a look at where I'm getting married now instead!) but to be fair to AS ....I can't remember a bride coming back and giving a bad review of the place. If you've got the money (or are prepared for the costs!), it's more than worth it.

Quote:
Hi & Welcome!

The Banquet kit can be found on the Karisma website here:

http://www.karismahotels.com/sites/d...KIT%202009.pdf

If you want to do a private reception, I'd try to get a Free wedding package (if avail at AS) and pay for things as you go. I think it works out cheaper than getting the Gold package and things you might not want (massage lesson for 2 - I defo didn't want).

I heard from someone else that DWs has flooded the Karisma ppl with bookings recently so response time has been SLOW. Do a search for wedding reviews and see what other brides have said on this site.

I have looked around on all the other forums in Riviera Maya and it seems everyone gets nickled and dimed at all of the hotels - so like Katie said, you need to be prepared anywhere you go (unless you will just go with basic package for everything without upgrades).

Good luck!!