Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrommert View Post
Nicole, i cant waitttt to read your review.
Im having such a hard time right now. Honestly, switching resorts has been going through my mind over and over again.
I know there have been alot of sucessful weddings there and Im so happy for those brides :) AND I prob will be another successful wedding there, although im not sure I'd reccommend the resort after my planning expirence with them.... over 2months to go of planning and seriously stressing.... I feel like I cant get anything I want from them. Just heard back from Tiffany and there is no "mexican" make-up artist allowed at resort. lol. Go figure. And since Tiffany reads through this forum, Im learning that I get responses right after I post on here. AWESOME.
Amy,

I am so sorry you are having such bad luck with responses with Tiffany. Is there anything I can do to help? It really sucks we can't have someone come on site to do makeup. I am sure there is a fee, there is a fee for everything. Has she been able to help you with reception or wedding locations on the resort?
I know the time is going to fly by and if I am correct we have to have most of our decisions made my the end of Dec.
Please call if you need anything or just need to vent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Nicole~ View Post
Shanda, you looked stunning! So glad to hear everything went so well :) Congrats!!

Ok ladies... my whole computer crashed! I'm just in the midst of getting it back together sad.gif. So since I'm taking soooo long to do this review, here are some pics for you at least:

MEXICO Destination Wedding Photography, Wedding Photojournalism throughout the Mayan Riviera

Check out galleries - Nicole & Curt
Nicole I love your pictures!!

I especially love your stormy TTD photos, I think they are actually much cooler looking with the lurking dark clouds :)

You found some really cool spots to take pictures in front of that I've never seen before, love it!

Quote:
I actually found a website online that sells sashes for .89 per satin sash. So Im thinking of just buying them and brining them down....
Amy, can you share that website with the cheap sashes? I want satin, not see through material, so might purchase some. Otherwise I am going bare too.

About the make up.... Everyone who got theirs done at the hotel in pictures I have seen look gorgeous. Even if its crappy make up they use - if you are concerned about that - you can bring your own make up - or have MAC do it at the Mall, buy it all, take a picture, and bring that with you to Mexico. Thats what I was always planning on doing :)

You need to do what you feel is right, but changing hotels now will probably stress you out further.

Just think, if you sat back and did NOTHING else to plan your wedding right now - I bet it would still be FABULOUS.

And, if you need any convincing of that - read through the "What I would do again and what I would not do again" Thread (I can look for it if you cant find it). It puts things into perspective because 99% of the brides said they would not stress as much leading up to the wedding b/c it turned out perfect and they stressed so much and looking back they were sad about that!

I'm not saying its easy though! I am having my own moments too.

We're here for support too!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsVaughn2B View Post
Nicole,
The pictures are so good. I even sent to them to my FI to look at. Is that a photographer you found at the resort? They are really good. You are beautiful!
MTM are members of the forum. I found them on here! I have over 1000 pics.... I have no idea how I'm going to choose which ones to give out lol.

Afrommert - I can seriously relate to how you're feeling. I felt like I was probably the lowest maintenance bride in history and I still had a hard time with Tiffany. Despite the annoyances I had, it was the best day ever! I was waiting on some pics from my friend that I wanted to use in my review, but I'm thinking maybe I should just go ahead and get it done? Especially if it will put your mind at ease. smile03.gif

Quote:
Nicole, i cant waitttt to read your review.
Im having such a hard time right now. Honestly, switching resorts has been going through my mind over and over again.
I know there have been alot of sucessful weddings there and Im so happy for those brides :) AND I prob will be another successful wedding there, although im not sure I'd reccommend the resort after my planning expirence with them.... over 2months to go of planning and seriously stressing.... I feel like I cant get anything I want from them. Just heard back from Tiffany and there is no "mexican" make-up artist allowed at resort. lol. Go figure. And since Tiffany reads through this forum, Im learning that I get responses right after I post on here. AWESOME.

Aww that sucks! The part about not allowing an artist on the resort sucks and the part about reading the posts sucks too. I don't know what time your wedding is and what you have planned for that day but would it be an option for you to go to wherever the artist is? I'm not sure I'm going to have time to do it so I guess it will just be the bridesmaids and I doing our own make up but if it were an option for me to go to the MAC studio, I think that's what I would do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniepps View Post
Aww that sucks! The part about not allowing an artist on the resort sucks and the part about reading the posts sucks too. I don't know what time your wedding is and what you have planned for that day but would it be an option for you to go to wherever the artist is? I'm not sure I'm going to have time to do it so I guess it will just be the bridesmaids and I doing our own make up but if it were an option for me to go to the MAC studio, I think that's what I would do.
Thanks for the suggestion! Good news ladies!!! There are 2 MACs near AS: one in Cancun and one in Playa del Carmen!!

UltrafemmeAvenida 5a Norte Lt. 15 Loc. 1 Mza. 27 entre calle 12 y 16 Centro
Playa del Carmen, 77710, Mexico
+52 984 803 4661
0.98 milesA
UltrafemmeBoulevard Kukulcan km 12.5 lote 18-10, Local B-05
Cancun, 77500, Mexico
+52 99 88 83 19 12
1.19 milesB

Also, what is AS's policy about guests staying on other resorts? Can the makeup artist not be a "bridesmaid" or a "groomsman" and you just pay the day pass? I honestly do not see how they would even know. If you do not want to leave the resort on your wedding day, I would just do this. How do they know your "maid of honor" isn't a makeup genius? wink.gif