Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenHeart View Post
That's awesome AmyBermuda! Sounds like you're doing great, keep it up.

I'm a huge fan of Vodka Seltzer w/ lime now because I realized that soda water has sodium in it and seltzer doesn't. Vodka water isn't something I've ever tried though, I'll definitely check it out.

I'm a big fan of flax meal, my morning breakfast is where I like to have my only grain carb (if possible). Small cup of oatmeal (or half oatmeal half cream of wheat) with a cinnamon, a sprinkle of brown sugar and flax meal with a few sliced, toasted almonds & half a banana. I love it, I never get sick of it.

I agree too that breakfast is most important, absolutely, I normally split my breakfast up in two when I'm working out really hardcore (also, I'm up @ 5:30am every morning because I start worK @ 6:30am) so the oatmeal earlier and then 3 egg whites with diced tomatoes, bell peppers and mushrooms a little later to get me tied over until lunch. Eating every 2-3 hours always skyrockets my metabolism.
Ok we really are diet twins! If I don't drink a smoothie, I eat oatmeal with those EXACT ingredients. Flax meal is soooooo good for you! And yes, I have to eat every few hours myself!

Quote:
Funny that you mention the DJ Mannia! I emailed him last night and heard back this morning. I got quoted for 4 hours of DJing with all the equipment and lighting for $990. With the $500 outside vendor fee that's still cheaper than Lomas DJ and I'm happy with all the reviews I read. They seem very professional so I am 90% sure I'll be hiring them.
That's who I was going to hire when I was at AS. I think he has some 30% off deal going right now too. Just make sure you get approval from your wedding coordinator IN WRITING before you hired him. My TA at dw.com said there had been some situations where they wouldn't allow them to come in or something. Who knows. That seems a little dramatic, but just a heads up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amybermuda View Post
Lindz, You are a star. I am going to print out your post and keep it at home in my kitchen. It will keep me inspired!

I have been doing better the last 2 weeks - lost about 3 pounds so far. We all have problem areas for sure. I have the "saddle bags". They are awful! Even when I was skinny, I still had them, they were smaller - its just my body type.

I am doing breakfast - bran flakes & skim milk - Lunch - Lean pocket (it feels like cheating) with a huge salad w/ tons of veggies and light Hidden Valley Ranch - which is so good it also feels like cheating. Dinner last week was chicken, whole wheat cous cous and broccoli. This week dinner is shrimp and snow peas with brown basmati rice. I find that 1/2 cup of starch at dinner really fills me up and keeps me from wanting a snack later.

I love the drinks you mentioned. Vodka & water is actually not bad, so is vodka & club soda w/ lime. I love Bloody Marys too. They are so good for you except the salt content is very high. Have you ever had a bloody ceasar? Its a bloody mary w/ Clamato juice which is tomato & clam juice. Sounds gross, but even less calories and delish!

The one thing that I try to do is go to bed a little hungry. In the past if I did that, I lost weight. If I go to bed full, I gain weight. I just read online a study where they fed mice a high fat diet and the mice with a lot of the food at dinner gained 42% more weight compared to the mice who's high fat meals were broken up evenly throughout the day.

You girls are so supportive & I really appreciate it.
CONGRATS on 3 pounds!!!! That's awesome!!! You are SO right about going to bed a little hungry. Last night I made my FI and I this super healthy soup (he is sick sad.gif ). Even though the whole meal MAYBE had 400 calories, I was still so stuffed when I went to bad. Now I feel like a fata$$!! haha GREAT suggested Amy!

ABout salt content...that is my major weigh gainer right there. I could eat 1000 calories a day and gain weight if there is a lot of sodium. Thanks so much for the suggestion!

I wish this sit would work on my Blackberry. I can't believe I missed all those posts in 1 day! I am in medical sales, so I LIVE in the car. I wish I had a cafe in my car! haha Tell me more about this unsweetened vanilla almond milk or whatever?? I am obsessed with milk but it has SO MUCH sugar!

I know you guys are all freaking out, but to me it seems like everyone is right on track! You guys have gotten SOOOO much done!! very impressive.

Also, I think the DJ, or having someone man your IPOD, is definitely worth the money. You don't want anything to worry about at the reception. You want to enjoy it!!!!!

AHR: Is that bad that I am not having one? It will be 600 people and EXPENSIVE! I don't want to spend another $20,000. That was the whole reason to go to mexico. Am I being a bad bride by not having one?

Lindz - its totally cool if you do not have an AHR. I invited a VERY limited # of ppl to my wedding and Mark's step-siblings and their families are not able to afford it (12 ppl) - we knew this going in. So we kinda had to have an AHR. Its going to be a party at my Dad's neighborhood center thingy and its $500 to rent. Prob about $10k in catering though.

I think its OK not to have one. I would only worry about it if family cannot attend - and then you can always do a family get together and show pictures from the wedding.

It might be cute to send out wedding announcements to everyone that say how happy you are and that you cant wait to see them and look forward to getting together soon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefuturemrslutz View Post
I wish this sit would work on my Blackberry. I can't believe I missed all those posts in 1 day! I am in medical sales, so I LIVE in the car. I wish I had a cafe in my car! haha Tell me more about this unsweetened vanilla almond milk or whatever?? I am obsessed with milk but it has SO MUCH sugar!

I know you guys are all freaking out, but to me it seems like everyone is right on track! You guys have gotten SOOOO much done!! very impressive.

Also, I think the DJ, or having someone man your IPOD, is definitely worth the money. You don't want anything to worry about at the reception. You want to enjoy it!!!!!

AHR: Is that bad that I am not having one? It will be 600 people and EXPENSIVE! I don't want to spend another $20,000. That was the whole reason to go to mexico. Am I being a bad bride by not having one?
I'm in sales too!!! I'm in software sales though and don't travel, so I'm lucky. Do you have a BB Curve? That's what I have and it's full internet with a little mouse and everything... haven't tried it but it should work.

My quote I received from DJ Mannia was $990 for 4 hours, I didn't hear about any 30% off! I also let my WC know that I was bringing an outside DJ and they said it was fine, just have to pay the fee. I've also decided on a cigar roll which FI is over the moon about :)

I personally don't think it's bad that you aren't have an AHR... I'm not :) The wedding is about you, not everyone else! Besides I'm going to go all out on one day, not two!

Oh and Almond Milk... BEST EVER... low in fat and sugar ahhh I love it. You can buy it at Trader Joes, Ralphs, Vons, Albertsons, Whole Foods etc. Do you have any of those out there?

Katie - for a TTD I found one I really like... it's kinda pricey though. I got quoted $299 =( I mean it's NOT expensive but after buying my wedding dress that was ONLY $1,000 over budget (said sarcastically) I'm trying to make it up somehow... especially since I planned on actually trashing my dress but it's too pretty to destroy and it's satin so it definitely wouldn't fare wel in the water.

Where did you find yours?

Quote:
Regarding the AHR - I am going to send pictures to everyone who isn't able to attend the weddiing that I invited with a note that they were in our hearts and we love them very much... something along those lines so they feel included.
LOVE that idea! I still unfortunately have to have the party for his fam sad.gif I guess I can hope for the gifts.