Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

Ladies!

I leave for the airport in 2.5 hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So excited!

Just wanted to say a quick goodbye before I shut the computer down. I will be gone for two weeks, so I'll give you all the details upon my return!

Thank you all for your help and support.

xoxo

Allisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenHeart View Post
Meghan, that makes two of us, I will die as well if it rains on my wedding day. 2 dead brides at AS would be bad for business LOL!!
Haha ya that would not be cool. I mean, I am going to mexico to get married on the beach!! not in some ugly conference room! Ill keep my fingers crossed for the both of us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allisa View Post
Ladies!

I leave for the airport in 2.5 hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So excited!

Just wanted to say a quick goodbye before I shut the computer down. I will be gone for two weeks, so I'll give you all the details upon my return!

Thank you all for your help and support.
xoxo
Allisa
Have a great time Allisa!! Can't wait to hear from you when you get back :)

Hi ladies...I'm back. A bit exhausted from a long day yesterday and Montezuma's revenge seems to be kicking in censored.gif

All and all it was a good trip. Any doubts I had about changing venues are gone now. We definitely had a few surprises though.

First, the whole purpose of our trip was a pre scheduled meeting with the onsite coordinator and Chef Jonathon of Le Chique who was supposed to do our menu/catering for the reception. We walked in to our meeting and they were like, what are you here forhuh.gif? Almost dropped dead. Needless to say, Chef Jonathon will not be catering our wedding, it is not possible. We threatened to move to another resort. From that point on, Gilberto bent over backwards to make us happy!

It turns out there are two menus that are available, the 09 and the 10. Slightly different options and pricing. I suggest getting your hands on both if you are looking for higher end receptions or cocktail parties.

The beach...I still don't get all the fuss. No one really goes swimming, it still looks nice. They constantly plow and rake the sand. We saw 2 weddings and they were out there raking every time someone stepped on the and and made a footprint by the beach.

The rooms...ours was in good order, didn't hear any complaints from anyone else. Someone mentioned getting a room on a higher floor. I agree, then you will have a view of the ocean. Unless you prefer to just hop right into the water, and some people do. Also if you get stuck in the family section, don't worry, there are like 15 kids there, literally. We had no issues with noise anywhere.

Bugs...definitely bring your bug spray. My daughter is covered with bites.

Service...was great with the exception of pool bar service. They have scaled back. Unless you are in a premium room, be prepared to go to a swim up bar.

Food...UK ladies, listen up...you will be hard pressed to find a piece of decent bacon, so tell your folks to eat up their Rashers before they leave! The food is hit or miss. If anyone is interested, I will post a top things to eat, and things to stay away from later.

Need a typing break, will post more later....I missed you guys!

aw Ash, thanks so much for posting all that.

I'd definitely be interested to hear about the food please!!

We are in the process of a major complaint to the TA and hotel about the mis-selling of the package and photographer issue, amongst several other things. The result could be anything...but if they don't sort out the issues, we will at least be moving hotel and company, if not country as well....Cuba's sounding quite tempting at the moment!

I've had a major stressful weekend with it all and this planning has officially become horrible, stressful and draining and I don't want to do it anymore. something needs to change :o(

interesting as well about Carrie- you're comment about there not really being a sea view - we're paying quite a bit more money for a room which apparently is a sea view room!! this will be something else to go on the complaint email!!

Thanks Ash!! It's nice to hear your worries are gone and they will go to lengths to ensure your happiness while you're there at least!

Katie - Don't let yourself stress over it TOO much. I know exactly how that feels and it's so not worth it. Everything will get worked out, just let us know if you need any help at all.