Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

Thanks Meghan.

I'm glad you got your photography situation sorted out with the hotel. The wedding industry really does try and get you where ever they can!

I found a photographer from Streetsville, Crimson photo's (I think that is part of Oakville) that I fell in love with and got a great deal with her. She was offering the first 3 destination weddings that she booked for 2010 1/2 price on her destination packages *plus paying for her trip*. It ended up being a little more then my other half wanted to spend on photo's but I convinced him that it was something that you had for a lifetime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneliese26 View Post
Hiya, I have alss been told that the only two photographers contracted now at the Sensatori hotel are Caribe and the other one (sorry forgot his name). I as many of you are, am not happy at all with these options censored.gif. I am not very impressed by their websites and for me photos are one of the most important things! What I dont understand is that on Lomas website they offer you Claudia and Mexican wedding photos (I would be more than happy to choose one of these photographers) and since Sensatori is part of Lomas shouldnt they have to honour these choices too? I dont know about anyone else but I will be sending a complaint to my WC and asking her to pass it on to management/hotel and asking for a reply. Maybe if those of you who are also not happy about this situation could also send a complaint in, they may re-consider their options of photographers?
that sounds like a really good idea. I haven't got to the stage of picking photographers yet - in fact my WC didn't even include that in my pack - but when I do, I will not be settling for anything - I haven't paid £1000 extra for something I could get one of the guests to do.

Here's hoping they change it!!

Quote:
Hi Katie 2010, sorry for late reply, I havent been on here for a few days so just catching up now. Thomsons "said" everything was booked/confirmed when we booked everything in January, but we just never received written confirmation. I just rang/called in the office everyday but that wasnt working, in the end I took my mum with me, who kicked up a big fuss and said she is putting a formal complaint in and gave them a couple of days to get everthing done.
We have gone for the Silver package, only because we wanted to pick our own photgrapher, little did we know that we would only have the option of two!!

Anyway, yes its so nice to find another UK bride, so please let me know you plans etc. I still have 9 months to go but im so excited!!! This forum has been such a great help, i feel like i know the hotel already, hee hee.
Please email me if you want any other info.

Aneliese
it all just sounds like a shambles from start to finish! getting married abroad was supposed to be the easier and less stressful option but now I'm changing my mind. any hotel should know as well that your photos is one of THE most important things...how can they get that so wrong??

when we start planning for it, I'll let you know! I've got 10 months and haviing looked at our budget, I doubt we're going to be doing too much extra which is a shame but we didn't realise how much extra we were going to get charged for EVERYTHING!

ah well, what can you do?!

Katie.

Quote:
Hi Meghan,

Thanks for passing that info on about Claudia. Unfortunately i'm not sure how it will work for me coz I booked through Thomsons in the UK and not Lomas. I will look into it though.

With regards to prices, it all depends on when they will be going, but our guests are paying around £1100 for one week all inclusive at the Sensatori hotel. I recommend having a look at the prices on the Thomson website, they are always a bit cheaper than booking in the shop.
Let me kow if you need any further info.

Does anyone know of anyone who has actually used Caribe or the other photogropher(sorry forgot his name) so we can have a look at some of thier work?
Meghan,

Our guests are paying the same price (£1100) for one week. guests staying for 2 are paying £1500. again, it will depend on when they are flying - these are prices for the beginning of May 2010.

Hope they get themselves booked soon!

Katie.

Hey ladies,

Anyone have a good template for a "welcome to mexico/azul sensatori/etc" brochure? Katken - I know you found one on the forum to use, but I'm having trouble finding it. If anyone knows the right thread or can point me in the right direction - I'd appreciate it!

Hi Shannon, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your pictures are beautiful, but I got to see you in person:):):) I was at the Azul watching your ceremony from my balcony. I was thinking of you the next day due to the tropical storm. I was so happy for you for your great weather!

Beautiful pictures! I used the same company, they seemed great. Hope to receive them soon!!

congratulations once again!!

lucie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtswan View Post
I'll probably end up using the one who has contract with the resort. The fee 500 USD plus three nights stay are just too much for me. smile43.gif and we want a private dinner, which is not included in the package.
Ladies before settling on a photographer you aren't crazy about look around.
I originally wanted Claudia Rodriguez (at the time was resort approved). I found a photog in Toronto that does amazing work (i think so). To fly him to mexico for 1 week and have a FULL day wedding coverage, plus TTD and casual shots during the week it cost the same as Claudia's Biggest pkg. for 1 day!!!
I think that he is a great deal if you have a larger budget for pics.
Jon Rennie is his name...look him up.
Good luck
blush2.gif