Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

Hi Everyone

We got married April 24th Azul Sensatori, let me say it was AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really honstly have nothing bad to say about getting married here. It's what they do.

We arrived to an amazing resort, with staff who will do anything for you.

There were some changes that were made in our meeting w. Gilberto such as our welcome dinner was switched from spoon to Sienna, which was so much better, and the manager Pete at Sienna was awesome we had our own private room and they did menus with our names on it. If your doing a welcome dinner I would recommend that you do it somewhere other then Spoon as that resturant reminds me of a cafateria the food is good but it's not very intimate. Def. do sienna if you can in the private room which is great! I would not print up iteneray's until u are down there or not do them. Just cause ours were wrong with the changes for the rest. but it was no big deal Carlos at the front desk who rocks by the way, type up somethng and gave it to our guests so they new where to go

Also some of the prices that Fabio gave us did not match the prices Gilberto had for us, so check your pricing with your state coord. Fabio gave us Azul beach pricing for things.

Not huge deal though

Another thing I would recommend is def have the spa do your hair they do an amazing job as for the make up I do not recommend that, I had a trial on wed. the 22nd the make up was awful! they really don't have any high end make up at all. My sister in laws ended up doing my make up and loved it

The hair was fab so do that.

The wedding itself was great!! We had our cerm. on the beach, followed by cocktail hour on the beach steps away from the cerm. and then recpt. at Zolcalo on the deck it was amazing. Our guests said it was the best wedding they had ever been and the food was amazing we did the beach bbq buffet.

We did the amp. w speakers and microphone and did our own cd's up. There is guy who mans the amp the whole time, and switchs the cds which was great!!

The resort is amazing there is still construction going on, the week of our honeymoon due to the swine flu, because the resort was at 10% occ. they did a lot of the construsction since no guests were really there, but you don't really notice it. They did nothing the week our guests were there.

Everyone who works there is great! Shout outs to Carlos front desk, Pete Sienna, Miguel pool/beach waiter, Jonathan beach entertainmen, Laura beach entertainment, Gilberto WC, and the list can go on.

If your concerned at all about this resort don't be they have it down to a science, the resort is beautiful, the workers great, the food AMAZING, our Wedding AMAZING

So have fun!

Hi everyone!!! Well, we just got home and let me tell you.....I had such BDW withdrawls while I was gone! I just kept thinking about everyone worrying about this dang flu! I will post a review with tons of pics later (as well as my planning thread since I didn't get to it due to all the swine flu stress)!

We left on 4/29 and returned about 3 hours ago. If there are any of you still debating on moving or cancelling your wedding......DON'T!!!!! There is nothing to be afraid of! Most people aren't aware that Mexico City (where the majority of this started) is 24 hours driving from Cancun! It is so far away and there still hasn't been any cases reported in the Riviera Maya!!!!

Anyway, our wedding and vacation was more than I had even hoped for!!! I truly had the wedding of my dreams! I'll share more once I unpack! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by trayce2222 View Post
Hi everyone!!! Well, we just got home and let me tell you.....I had such BDW withdrawls while I was gone! I just kept thinking about everyone worrying about this dang flu! I will post a review with tons of pics later (as well as my planning thread since I didn't get to it due to all the swine flu stress)!
We left on 4/29 and returned about 3 hours ago. If there are any of you still debating on moving or cancelling your wedding......DON'T!!!!! There is nothing to be afraid of! Most people aren't aware that Mexico City (where the majority of this started) is 24 hours driving from Cancun! It is so far away and there still hasn't been any cases reported in the Riviera Maya!!!!

Anyway, our wedding and vacation was more than I had even hoped for!!! I truly had the wedding of my dreams! I'll share more once I unpack! lol
Congrats!! Can't wait to hear all about it! I'm so glad it everything was what you'd hoped for. We're leaving in less than 2 weeks, and I CAN'T WAIT!!!

Great planning thread! WOW - your stuff was so pretty!

Couple of questions for those recently married:

1. How did you get all of your "stuff" down there? OOT bags, centerpieces, etc. Did you use a suitcase, boxes, did you ship?

2. Did anyone use the DJ? How was it?

3. I really want to wear my very high heels for the beach wedding. Is the sand packed down enough or is it fine and hard to walk in?

THANK YOU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katken View Post
Great planning thread! WOW - your stuff was so pretty!

Couple of questions for those recently married:

1. How did you get all of your "stuff" down there? OOT bags, centerpieces, etc. Did you use a suitcase, boxes, did you ship?

2. Did anyone use the DJ? How was it?

3. I really want to wear my very high heels for the beach wedding. Is the sand packed down enough or is it fine and hard to walk in?

THANK YOU!
1. We packed in suitcases, dufflebags, big boxes, etc. We wanted to ship the centerpieces, but when we went to the UPS store, it was going to cost $975 for 3 boxes! Crazy!!! We decided we would rather pay the oversize luggage fees instead. It worked out great....nothing broke!

2. We brought our own DJ....not sure about theirs, but Gilberto and their director of entertainment came up to us to say how great of a job our DJ did. One of them said, "Now that's a real M.C.".....so I'm guessing their DJ is nothing like US dj's.

3. I wore mine and they are 3 1/2 inches and were fine. I was worried, but where the ceremony is held, the sand is very packed.