Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

Thank you ladies for all your help :)

Unfortunately, we had to cancel everything and have moved our wedding to Cuba (even our travel agent said we will be disappointed, it not be nearly as nice as the Sensatori would have been)

We lucked out with signature vacations, they had moved our travel date 4 times since last june, so we had the option to cancel with full refund anyways. Then i had sent in our final payment and the next day my Fiance lost his ID and credit card at his Stag party so luckily she couldnt put payment throuhg. So Lucky.

My heart goes out to those Brides in the same situation who may have been not so lucky with refunds.

Again thanks for everyhting Ladies

Heather Hunder

I also want to thank others for their help and postings. We had to cancel our wedding and had a terrible time trying to rebook everyone all across Canada for the week of May 17 to an alternate location. Things just weren't working out and because of our timelines we couldn't postpone.

We decided late last night to cancel and focus on having an intimate wedding in the Gulf Islands, British Columbia. Although it is not the tropical wedding we had planned, the setting is lovely and will offer us peace, tranquility and natural beauty - which is what we really need most at this point in time. We are then going on a kick-a** honeymoon to make up for it all.

We just now need to work on getting a refund back from Azul (!!). I wish the rest of you all the best with your planning and weddings. I know they will be beautiful.

Take care, Kelley

Hi Ladies,

I heard on the news this morning that Mexico officials said they think the Swine flu hit its peak last week and is declining. My heart goes out to all of you that had to cancel and I am excited for those who are still going! Keep us posted with reviews elefant.gif

Shanda

Quote:
We gave everyone travel candles in their oot bags, but I would recommend bringing an air freshener for everyone so that they can leave it in the toilet area constantly.
Quote:
They checked and came back to say that the new plaza area was available. We were more than thrilled with the outcome.
Quote:
The day of the wedding the bridesmaids (3 of them) and I had appointments at the salon starting at 1pm. I was surprised to not see any other wedding parties there, but it was just us. We did not reserve the special bridal room, but it was great how it was.
Quote:
Next we had the cocktail hour at Palapa Yoga. We had our guests go over that way while we finished photos with the bridal party. We did the Mexican cocktail with the 8 canapes per person and it was more than enough. What I did have of it was very good. We had the mariachi band for 45 minutes. Everyone loved that and they took requests.

Jenny, this is fantastic! Thanks for the review - we have all been waiting for yours! Great suggestion about the air fresheners. I will be on the lookout for those starting now. I have a few questions for you:

1. About the new Plaza area - that is where we are planning our reception. Do they/can they remove the gazebo? Or did it add to the ambiance & pictures? The picture I saw of the old Plaza set up for a night reception was amazing without the gazebo (see below). I guess I need to see one with it to decide if we still want to have it there.
2. How much did it cost in the salon to have your hair and your bridesmaids hair done?
3. Was it worth it to go with the cocktail hour while you were finishing up pictures? I am thinking of doing that but I don't know if we want to spend the money there. Otherwise, I was just going to list in their itinerary that they can use that time to get cleaned up (if it's been too windy during the beach ceremony) or all meet at one of the bars for cocktails then be at the reception at a certain time.

Click the image to open in full size.

Again, thank you! Glad you made it back okay without the Swine and I can't wait to see your pictures.

Shanda

First off I want to say how sad I am for those whom are not having the wedding that they worked so hard to plan. It's too bad that the media caused such panic. Add to that the Canadian tour operators that outright canceled flights for a month, giving some of you no choice in the matter. It just makes me sad.

The new plaza area has a permanent gazebo anchored into concrete, so unfortunately it is there to stay. I personally liked it, as it was nice to have a designated dance floor. Gilberto said we could drape fabric around it for more decoration. It has one light in the center, but I bet you could hang paper lanterns from it and it would look really nice. Now the old plaza has a permanent structure built on it as well, I posted pics a few days ago.

The prices for hair was $85 for the bride and $50 for each bridesmaid. Well worth it, they did a great job.

You could go either way with the cocktail hour. We missed most of it due to pictures. We had a mariachi come about halfway through and everyone enjoyed that. If there was anything that I would have changed, it would to have the ceremony earlier than 5 pm. Everything felt rushed to me.

Here a couple photos, I can't wait to see the pro photos!

Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.

Hello Girls,

I am so sorry it has taken me so long to write a review! I was married on april 4th and returned home on the tenth to a new home and career change which have kept me super busy.

I can honestly say we had the time of our life! everyone enjoyed the resort and the wedding went off without a hitch. Don't worry if you feel like you have nothing done, 90% of your planning is done once you meet with Gilberto who is very helpful! We had a beach ceremony and cocktail hour on the becah then had the reception at Zocallo. The ceremony was great and the flowers gorgeous! and the hair ladies were really good, however with the wind I would recommend putting it all up (you will notice in my pics that the curls went straight as soon as I walked out into the wind!) the cocktail hour was great and the had tons of margaritas ready for my guests as soon as the got to the cocktail party. The appetizers were amazing according to the guests and we were to busy taking pics to eat them! we had the fire dancers perform since we had kids there, not worth the money! We then moved to zocallo due to the wind and I could not have picked a better place! the dance area was perfect. we had 40 guests. We saw a beach reception the day before and it was very windy and had a pittiful dance floor. The food was great! we did the chicken fish or beef menu. I think it was 3a. The cake was a bit small but the hazelnut was very good! Also, I would totally recommend a DJ!!! our party was full of non-dancers who danced the entire night away! The DJ was great! We also had a meet and greet in the mojito lounge which was so fun! we went there every night!

The rooms and food at the resort are great! we especially loved Zavas and went almost every morning. I am an early bird and woke up before all my guests and called down each morning for coffee and pastries which they delivered within 10 min. to my room! The staff is very accomadating and the pool is not at all cold! it was perfect. I have no Idea why people have complained about this resort. We visit about 2 resorts a year and trust me, this one was great! The only complaint we had was the beach is not nice but I knew that ahead of time. I posted the link to some pics, sorry for the non-wedding ones! Please do not worry about anything! It will be beautiful!!!! If you have questions at all please feel free to email me at melissaconrad123@gmail.com. Good Luck ladies!

Kodakgallery.com*Album Not Found

and

http://melissaandbrent.shutterfly.com/.

Thanks Melissa! You looked amazing and it seems like everyone at your wedding had a great time from what I can tell. Thank you for the review it makes me feel better with every good review I read.

I just sent out my save the dates and I feel like there's no turning back no, LOL!