Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

Hi Meghan! On my response cards, I only specified if folks wanted a vegetarian option. If I'd figured out my menu before I had the invites printed, though, I likely would have given them the meat or fish option too. I think that's a great way to avoid having to do it at the last minute! (I guess it also depends on what type of menu you decide to go with as with many weddings, there are no options!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by christina276 View Post
Here are some answers I can help with!

CAKE - we paid $256 for what's described on the detail sheet as "3 Tier square shaped wedding caked for 20-30 people"

PLAZA - we loved that we ended up with such a large space to dance, rather than the rented beach dance floor.

CHAIRS - we paid $9 for uncovered chairs.

WELCOME BAGS - we left letters at the front desk for people to get at check in, and that was free. We left a black space on the letter to fill in our room number once we knew it, and then asked people to call us when they got there and that made it easy for us to deliver things to our guests, say hi, and not have to pay any fees!

BAR/LOUNGE - I was never out past about 12:30, and it was still open then with no signs of closing!

MAKEUP - I brought a bunch of my own makeup as a back-up in case I hated what they did and wanted to re-do it, but I didn't need a thing! They had a tray of shadows and asked what color I wanted for my eyes, and and they had everything else.

MARRAIGE LICENSE - I was really confused on this when I got back. The county clerk here said we still needed to get married by the Justice of the Peace in order to file the license. Then I found out we don't technically need to file the license anywhere - International law makes our marraige valid here in the US since we did the legal ceremony there. However, DPS would not except the wedding license from Mexico(whether it was translated or not) to change my name on my driver license and told me to go to Social Security Admin. Luckily, Social Security accepted the Mexican license(in Spanish) so now I'm waiting to receive my name change on my SS card and then hopefully DPS will change it when I can show them that. If anyone else has advice on this subject I'd like to know since I'm still in the process!

FOOD - I just wanted to say again the $12 private meals as fine! And I'd go with the s'more party over cocktail party for a welcome - people can get great food anytime at all the restaurants, but you can only get s'mores on the beach is you do the private party!

I think that answers everything I can! Good luck everyone.

Congratulations on your marriage!!!

I am so glad you posted info on the make up, glad they have everything, I will be bringing my own foundation and things, did you think that they did your make up good?

As for the marraige certificate/lic. Fabio told me that there is a package that you have to talk to about w your onsite coordinator. It's like $90 and they make it legal in Mexico, translate it into English for you, and then ship it to your house it takes about 30 days to recieve it but I think it's worth it so you don't have to worry about translating it when you get back home.

Anyone else who has been married and live in US what did you do?

thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosierfan View Post
Hey ladies,

Has anyone changed their wedding time and been assessed a time-change fee? I thought I read that somewhere and now I'm wondering if we should move ours back to allow for enough time for pictures.
They originally scheduled ours for 4:00 and I requested it to be a little later. Then they came back with 6:00. The sun sets at 6:35 so I thought that was too late. We finally inked in on 5:00 so we have time for the ceremony and then some pictures. We weren't charged any type of time-change fee as far as I know! What time is your ceremony scheduled?

Hi Ladies,

I wanted to thank everyone that has been sharing their pictures, experiences and information. I haven't been posting a lot but I have been reading :) .... my wedding is fast approaching (14 days and counting) -- congrats to the brides that have already been married and good luck to the rest of us :) - I will make sure to post my experience once it is over ...

We did 1b (the pork tenderloin) and as part of our negotions for moving from Fives, they let us switch the dessert to Tres Leches. The pork was good, but the corn cakes and tres leches were amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltbscotland View Post
Hi Christina276, which one of the $12.00 meals did you go for? Was it any good? We were gonna go for the $36 one but then felt it is an all inclusive and if guests get hungry later they can just go to one of the restaurants.

thanks

beachbride's post was flagged and removed as well as all the posts with email addresses and please ladies for your privacy and security, it is NOT a good idea to post your email on the forum...people actually search for email addresses (exes, spammers, hackers) to do not so nice things to.

imagine if your ex googled your email address and found out all of your wedding plans...

also, do you wonder why beachbride did not just post her review and instead was collecting email addresses?