Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by miro2be View Post
Thanks for the info girls! I can't have the Plaza b/c the other wedding is booked at the Wave which from what I am told is fairly close to the Plaza (or at least you'd see or hear the other wedding going on)...can anyone confirm this who's been there?

So, not to be too tight at Zocolo I think I will just go with the beach. I am a little worried about the wind but I think it will be great. Now I am considering the whole tent thing....but I kind of want it just bare on the beach. Those that have done or seen the beach what do you thinkhuh.gif? Would you then need addtl decoration for the tent?

Melissa-for the DJ...did you just take away and add from his list or did you write your own list and they said he'd just "play it for you." How much control are you giving the DJhuh.gif
Hi Miro2be- I only saw one beach wedding the week I was there and it was very windy and since it was January it was a bit chilly. But I think there should be less wind and it will definitely be warmer in April. There was no tent, just the open beach and everyone was dancing and seemed to be having a blast. The DJ brings lights, I wouldn't waste your money on more decorations, they will just be swallowed up in the openess of the beach. My suggestion is make a playlist! and ask that the DJ stick to it, that is really my one regret. The DJ asked if he could mix up the music and I thought they meant MY music, but he started playing just crap. He understood enough English, but I just got too busy and preoccupied with my guests and despite being only feet away, I never got over to talk to him. You just don't want to have to worry about it. If you submit what you want to the coordinator the DJ should get it and be able to have it available for you.
My other advice is in case it is as windy a day as what we had. Have your key people who care what they look like in pictures, secure their hair. Men too.(gel, whatever it takes).
Goodluck. You'll be happy with the beach though, it is undeniably a beautiful setting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper55 View Post
Hazelnut?! Tiffany told me the only options were chocolate, vanilla and strawberry!! WTF is up with her?!?! They have to know we are all on this forum, she could at least get the simple things straight... GRRRRRR
One of the past brides on here said they had the hazlenut flavored cake and said it was soooo good, very moist and that her guests loved it. Tiffany told me the same thing, but when I asked if we could have the hazelnut as an option, she said yes. Some of the other brides said their cake was still frozen and not that fresh (choc, vanilla). We decided to go with hazelnut primarily because that's not a flavor listed therefore not many people have chosen it, so hopefully they won't have it frozen and it will be freshly made....who knows....that's just my wierd way of thinking! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloe View Post
Hi Miro2be- I only saw one beach wedding the week I was there and it was very windy and since it was January it was a bit chilly. But I think there should be less wind and it will definitely be warmer in April. There was no tent, just the open beach and everyone was dancing and seemed to be having a blast. The DJ brings lights, I wouldn't waste your money on more decorations, they will just be swallowed up in the openess of the beach. My suggestion is make a playlist! and ask that the DJ stick to it, that is really my one regret. The DJ asked if he could mix up the music and I thought they meant MY music, but he started playing just crap. He understood enough English, but I just got too busy and preoccupied with my guests and despite being only feet away, I never got over to talk to him. You just don't want to have to worry about it. If you submit what you want to the coordinator the DJ should get it and be able to have it available for you.
My other advice is in case it is as windy a day as what we had. Have your key people who care what they look like in pictures, secure their hair. Men too.(gel, whatever it takes).
Goodluck. You'll be happy with the beach though, it is undeniably a beautiful setting.
This is really helpful info on the DJ - I think I'm going to go with it. It seems like more fun to have someone playing the music, bringing lights, etc. I don't want to be stressed out about the iPod thing...

Ladies...you're killing me! Now I'm rethinking my iPod choice! I guess I'll stick with the iPod for now and if there is extra $$$ in the budget later I'll think about it again.

I just emailed the hotel about getting some pics of the beach area they use for the dinner / reception so if I get any back I will let you know for all who are interested!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckerba View Post
Can someone tell me the difference between the Zolcalo Terrace and Plaza areas? I have gone back to a few posts, but I am confused now. Any preference folks are having between the two?

Thanks for the help.

I am a newbie here and just returned from the Sensatori. I am not a bride, however, I attended at wedding and spent 7 days at the resort. Our wedding was on the beach at the north end (this is where all the beach weddings were located this particular week). Great set up and very very beautiful. The reception was on the terrace of Zoccolo and honestly, I am not sure why she picked this spot.....it is (was) super windy!!! And the restaurant is in the shape of a sphere, so from where I was sitting, I couldn't see the bride groom or about 30% of the other guests.

The terrace out by the wave pool, is sooo cute! The week we were there, they added these large wood swings (4) that just make that a lovely and romantic spot. Yes, it is in the middle of the Adult/Premium/Luxury section, however so is every other spot for a service (other than the sky deck). Its not huge, but very intimate (i thought).

The terrace out by the Zoccolo (the center of the resort) is very large. Actually, there was a wedding there that week and even though it was center stage...I think I only caught a glimpse of it for 1 minute, as we walked to dinner. And it's set apart from the actual walkways, so no one has to interfere with your day.

I have been reading this forum as I found it very helpful for our trip, and I just wanted to pass along a little information, perhaps from the non-bride side. Honestly, don't worry and make yourselves sick over the location....Yes, I know you want it to be perfect - and it will!!!!

Oh by the way - the beach receptions (there was 1 while we were there and a private corporate party) looked great!!!! Honestly, if you want a beach wedding - I thought it was perfect sand. Not too hard and not the super fluffy stuff. Who wants that whipping around in the wind! Did I mention wind? Be prepared - pretty windy, everywhere.

Finally, after dinner we retreated to the Mojito Lounge. This seemed to be the place for many after the weddings....It was a bit crowded at times, but many of the larger groups retreated out to the patio (again another windy location). One bride & Groom did the Garter & flower toss on the patio and someone NOT from their party caught it. They all laughed and did a Tequila Shot together.

Anyway - if you have any questions from a guest perspective, ask away.
And - Don't sweat the small stuff!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingit View Post
I am a newbie here and just returned from the Sensatori. I am not a bride, however, I attended at wedding and spent 7 days at the resort. Our wedding was on the beach at the north end (this is where all the beach weddings were located this particular week). Great set up and very very beautiful. The reception was on the terrace of Zoccolo and honestly, I am not sure why she picked this spot.....it is (was) super windy!!! And the restaurant is in the shape of a sphere, so from where I was sitting, I couldn't see the bride groom or about 30% of the other guests.

The terrace out by the wave pool, is sooo cute! The week we were there, they added these large wood swings (4) that just make that a lovely and romantic spot. Yes, it is in the middle of the Adult/Premium/Luxury section, however so is every other spot for a service (other than the sky deck). Its not huge, but very intimate (i thought).

The terrace out by the Zoccolo (the center of the resort) is very large. Actually, there was a wedding there that week and even though it was center stage...I think I only caught a glimpse of it for 1 minute, as we walked to dinner. And it's set apart from the actual walkways, so no one has to interfere with your day.

I have been reading this forum as I found it very helpful for our trip, and I just wanted to pass along a little information, perhaps from the non-bride side. Honestly, don't worry and make yourselves sick over the location....Yes, I know you want it to be perfect - and it will!!!!

Oh by the way - the beach receptions (there was 1 while we were there and a private corporate party) looked great!!!! Honestly, if you want a beach wedding - I thought it was perfect sand. Not too hard and not the super fluffy stuff. Who wants that whipping around in the wind! Did I mention wind? Be prepared - pretty windy, everywhere.

Finally, after dinner we retreated to the Mojito Lounge. This seemed to be the place for many after the weddings....It was a bit crowded at times, but many of the larger groups retreated out to the patio (again another windy location). One bride & Groom did the Garter & flower toss on the patio and someone NOT from their party caught it. They all laughed and did a Tequila Shot together.

Anyway - if you have any questions from a guest perspective, ask away.
And - Don't sweat the small stuff!!!!!!
Thanks for the feedback! Great to hear what it was like being guest at one of these weddings!! Just out of curiosity, how many guests were at the reception? Was it on the Zocalo Patio (attached to the restaurant) or poolside next to the restaurant?

The names of these 2 places are getting me all confused... tx!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper55 View Post
Thanks for the feedback! Great to hear what it was like being guest at one of these weddings!! Just out of curiosity, how many guests were at the reception? Was it on the Zocalo Patio (attached to the restaurant) or poolside next to the restaurant?

The names of these 2 places are getting me all confused... tx!

The wedding we attended was on the patio at Zocolo. I believe she said they at 53 guests. Not 100% on that one.... It's a nice location, don't get me wrong, just the shape is odd so views are limited and if you are seated towards the end, you feel isolated almost like your not part of a group...just my opinion.

As for the pool deck next to Zocolo, they were setting that up for an event (I assume a wedding) the afternoon we were leaving. It's a pretty large area. Extra close to restrooms and the Zocolo bar (if needed).

Ok so this is a bit off topic as it seems we've all (myself included) been obsessed with Zocolo lately wink.gif

Has anyone purchased a block of rooms? I'm considering it just to ensure the price lock and I don't want anyone stuck at a different hotel. Are you able to use any left over money toward the wedding at all? Do you really get your wedding package for free?

Any insight would be so helpful :)