Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloe View Post
We are leaving next week and I still have some trouble getting Fabio to get back in touch with me, although he does now within a few days. When I was requesting locations, my TA intervened and was able to get in touch with him and act as my liason. And during the earlier process, if I really wanted something secured (like the photographer) it was again my TA who was able to get in touch with him and make that happen for me. My phone calls/ emails went unanswered. I think he is dealing with almost EVERYTHING. It is too much. Why is the hotel not getting him more Helphuh.gif? Us brides are big business for the hotel. We deserve a little more attention.
That's too bad. I'm sorry you're having such troubles. I would call the 1-800 number and tell them it's urgent someone assist you. It seems they're in a small space, not a big office, but I could be wrong. When I called to speak w/ Tiffany, Luis answered and I was connected to her pretty quickly. They should hire another coordinator, from what I understand according to one of my TA's is that Tiffany was originally the Family Concierge, but when Nancy was no longer w/ them, she maybe is doing both......

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhawkev View Post
Is your screen name your email? I will send you a copy of ours. I'm getting ready to send them out right now. I was freaking out because I've had them for a few weeks now and hadn't sent them. But I read on the Knot that even with a Destination Wedding you send out invites only 10-12 weeks before. We did Save the Date as well.

What we did because I wanted something w/ formal wording too, was have two pages. The first one being the formal invite w/ my parents names and the second page is a boarding pass that I figured guest would put on the fridge for a reminder.

I think the Postcard idea is great too.
OOOOPS! I guess I won't be following etiquette...I am planning on sending my invites out at the beginning of February with a reply by March 1 for my June
5th wedding. I read somewhere that we have to give headcounts 60 days out for the priviate reception at Sensatori and before I knew that those rules wouldn't really be followed by Fabio, I ordered my invites. I hope my guests don't think I'm tacky. I just thought I was really going to have to give the resort the number 60 days out.

I decided to go ahead and do the formal wording to honor my parents as they are paying for the wedding. I just did the invites in my wedding colors and they are very bright so I hope it feels a little less untraditional.

There are a lot of discussions with excellent invite wording options, some of them very unique, under the invite section of the forum. I got good ideas and inspiration there, it may save you some time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspeed7309@gmail.com View Post
Sorry to change the subject but I haven't sent invitations yet and need suggestions and samples on what others have done ASAP. I did an emailed STD which has worked well. We are having a reception when we get back. I don't know etiquitte on who to send what to or if you send a formal invite to all even if they aren't going to Mexico. We get married in May and I want to have a formal invite sent out by the end of this month. Then I was thinking I would send a reminder STD mexico postcard when we get back for the reception.... I also struggle with the wording because even though it's a non traditional wedding I want the traditional wording as my parents are paying and I feel the need to mention them. Any ideas or examples would be greatly appreciated.
I just mailed mine out today! YAY!!!! Our wedding is May 5th and our RSVP date is Feb 15. I posted a thread that has my invitations on them. Here's the link:

http://bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/t34766

I hope this helps!

Hello....

I was the November 8th bride that Jenn talks about in her review. We, my husband and I are under legal obligation NOT to talk poorly about the resort so my review will be short.

Fabio is horrible but if you can deal with him until you get there, Carolina and Gilberto are FANTASTIC!! They know weddings and ours was perfect! I really could not have asked for a better wedding ceremony and reception...

Here is the link to our on-line photos

Claudia Rodriguez | slideshows

username is Andrea

password is 110808

We had Alberto from Caludia Photo and he was also FANTASTIC. He spoke English well and that was a huge fear of mine. He came to the resort the day before the wedding to meet with us so we could tell him some of our ideas and vice versa.

Overall the wedding was a huge success....the resort, however,was not... at that time anyway. It will be great in a few months I am sure because the staff is very nice and helpful with everything. We honeymooned at another Karisma resort down the coast and it was outstanding so I would expect the same once this one is fully complete!

I think we had our reception at the BEST place on the grounds. We had it on the big circle patio behind Zocolo. They lit the palm trees from the bottom up with colored lights and it was beautiful. We used our iPOD and it was the best party of our lives....35 people can really put on a show when there is good music, good weather and lots of drinks!

Good luck brides and my best advice is NOT to get hung up on all the details....the planners on site are great and your whole wedding will be planned in a matter of 2 hours!! Honestly!

Yes, I was a crazy bride before the wedding because of the resort but I can honestly say that I enjoyed every minute of my wedding day. I truly was the best day of my life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennrenn23 View Post
The Ceremony

At ten minutes until 3, no one had come. Erik leaves to get some shots on the beach and Stacey and I decide to go down to the bottom level of the resort. We run into Carolina and Gilberto, who takes Stacey away. I wait with Carolina and her ever-present walkie talkie until they are ready. She tells me just how to hold my veil so it won't fly in my face (it was quite windy that day) and off we go when we get the signal. I will post pics when we get them, but it was breathtakingly beautiful, Stacey was standing down with the minister. He had a chance to talk with her for about 5 minutes and told her how important Jesus Christ was to us and made sure she understood to emphasize Him. He also told her this was not a Vow Renewal, but our real wedding. When I got down to the spot, and yes I wore flat Silver sparkly sandals, we faced each other and listened. The minister had the whole ceremony memorized and it was beautiful; much better than I imagined. We went over to the side table to sign the Certificate of Marriage (symbolic) and then it was over! Beautiful Day, indeed! She did not ask if we wanted to say anything special, so when we did the champagne toast, I told Stacey I wanted to say something. Of course, my long speech became about one sentence because I started crying so hard which made him cry. Later, we heard everybody at the resort (10 people, haha) had gathered at the retaining wall to watch and were crying with us! Awwwwww!

Photos

Erik kicked it into gear and had me laying all over rocks and jumping around and Stacey throwing me. He would show us the screen on his camera when he got something really special and WOW, he made me look like a tall supermodel sometimes! Oh, I am 4'11''...We actually decided against the TTD session because all of ours were so candid with no family members to photograph. Erik and the videographer were so easy to work with and wanted to know where we wanted to shoot and what we liked and Erik has perfect English. I think they actually stayed over time. Funny story-as we were walking around getting new places to shoot, a girl and her parents stopped us and said, "Are you a real bride? Or just models?" We laughed so hard. We hung out with them the rest of the week; they were from Jersey and she is getting married there Summer 2009. They kept calling us "the models." Hardly.

Here is what we looked like HOURS after the wedding with fallen hair and dirty dress. We took these so they aren't too fantastic:

My hot husband:

a>

Me

a>

Check out the "Pinch Bustle" ... very nice...

a>

Dinner

Carolina came up to us in the lobby after the last round of photos and said she had a surprise for us and to meet her in 30 minutes. She made me close my eyes, and they took us down for the private candlelight dinner in our gazebo. No charge. Very beautiful. We had 3 waiters, Hector was our favorite! You saw the one photo above of the dinner. The prepared a 4 course meal with wines and champagnes and printed our names on the menu. It was very nicely done and we were grateful. We felt the only people in the world.

All in all, it was great, and we were very pleased. I will post some other pics for you now. I met Andrea, who was the 4 PM wedding on November 8. I will not post her photos out of respect but it was on the beach and her colors were beautiful-I think a hot pink and kelly green? Really nice. We met earlier in the week and she was pretty anxious and upset about the calamity of the newly opened resort. I did not talk to her after the wedding, as we left Sunday, but she saw us watching closely and we waved vigorously and she seemed very happy. One comment-they did a legal wedding and had a microphone. Their female minister spoke very poor English and sort of halted her way through the ceremony. Our minister officiated the 5 PM wedding (see pic below) and she was MUCH better. Don't know if you could choose but her name is Alina Monroy, Minister, Community of Faith Church. Her email is actually printed on my certificate too: carranzamonroy@prodigy.net.mx.

a>

I will post this bride's photo as she is not on the site, but I will keep her name private. I wanted you to see her flowers, colors, aisle and chairs for those that want to see samples.

Here is where Andrea's reception was held, same as the owner's friends' wedding reception. It is in the center of the resort, behind Zocolo:

a>

The 5 PM bride had her reception INSIDE Zocolo, like everyone likes, BUT the resort was at about 10% capacity. The outside patio was availiable for dinner for non-guests. The patio would be fine for a reception, not sure about where to dance? The bar is right to the right of this photo and it is right up from the beach gazebo. Here is the patio:

a>

Nobody last week chose this option, but the Rooftop Garden Patio is beautiful. It is just not down near the beach, but up off the lobby at the front of the resort:

a>

Two Last Photos

One of the pool beds they were finishing midweek:

a>

and another showing how close Secrets Silversands is to Sensatori. This is looking just over the fence at the south side of the resort. We almost snuck over there a few nights to check out the nightclubs but never did:

a>

Things I would do over (maybe)-really short list

*I really missed our family and my 14 year old son especially. With resort being so empty, it was very romantic, but we craved a little interaction later in the week. That is why we stayed 2 extra days, when all the Americans were coming in for the weddings because we met them and were having fun with them. So, perhaps I should have brought my family!

*Pinned my veil better

It blew off twice during my ceremony as the wind came out of nowhere! But it was funny and probably made some funny photos!

*Had my hair down for some later photos with no veil

I hope this can help you guys. Bottom line: the resort will be a First-Class facility in a few months. I believe everything you will read about in my resort review will be taken care of soon. You have made the right decision! Andrea might disagree! We will look forward to her review as well....

Best of luck and contact me for more specific questions anytime.

Jennifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea110808 View Post
Hello....

I was the November 8th bride that Jenn talks about in her review. We, my husband and I are under legal obligation NOT to talk poorly about the resort so my review will be short.

Fabio is horrible but if you can deal with him until you get there, Carolina and Gilberto are FANTASTIC!! They know weddings and ours was perfect! I really could not have asked for a better wedding ceremony and reception...

Here is the link to our on-line photos

Claudia Rodriguez | slideshows
username is Andrea
password is 110808

We had Alberto from Caludia Photo and he was also FANTASTIC. He spoke English well and that was a huge fear of mine. He came to the resort the day before the wedding to meet with us so we could tell him some of our ideas and vice versa.

Overall the wedding was a huge success....the resort, however,was not... at that time anyway. It will be great in a few months I am sure because the staff is very nice and helpful with everything. We honeymooned at another Karisma resort down the coast and it was outstanding so I would expect the same once this one is fully complete!

I think we had our reception at the BEST place on the grounds. We had it on the big circle patio behind Zocolo. They lit the palm trees from the bottom up with colored lights and it was beautiful. We used our iPOD and it was the best party of our lives....35 people can really put on a show when there is good music, good weather and lots of drinks!

Good luck brides and my best advice is NOT to get hung up on all the details....the planners on site are great and your whole wedding will be planned in a matter of 2 hours!! Honestly!
Yes, I was a crazy bride before the wedding because of the resort but I can honestly say that I enjoyed every minute of my wedding day. I truly was the best day of my life.
Thank you so much Andrea for posting this, we picked Claudia photography as well, and our photographer is Alberto, so excited now after looking at your AMAZIN Pics!! Congrautlations! You were stunning and looked so happy!
Question about the Zocalo is the round thing in the middle of the resort is that the deck behind the zocalo that they refer too?
Thanks again for posting a great review of your wedding. Ours is April 24th can't wait. Some things are out of your control when planning a destination wedding so you really have to just go with it and not plan everything to the tee, you know

Hello Katherine,

The patio where we had our reception is right behind (not oceanside) Zocolo and it is basically in the center of the resort. It was perfect and I would recommend it highly.

We originally wanted the whole thing actually on the beach but we changed our minds for 2 reasons. One, the invisible bugs that leave nice little red dots all over your ankles after a day at the beach were not all that appealing. Everyone in our wedding group had these...

two, the sand was not the texture i was hoping for...it was very compacted and not that nice fluffy stuff you hope for. Maybe the beach will have had the sand flown in by the time you get there. My understanding is that they do have to have it brought in from other areas because the sand on that part of the coast just really isn't that nice.

Hope that helps.

I was married there on the 8th of November and the beach was not the nice fluffy sand that you might expect. My understanding is that they have to have sand brought in from another area because that section of the coast just doesn't produce nice sand naturally. It is fine for walking on but it wasn't the sand I had envisioned for walking barefoot in my wedding dress ( i did it anyway). it might be done when you get there. As far as swimming....we all took about one step in and came back out....too rocky.