Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

Okay, this has my attention right now, so I thought I'd share the email I just sent. I plan on calling later today as well.

"I am writing as a concerned customer about to have a wedding and 37 people staying at Azul Sesatori the first week of February. There have been several very disappointed guests and brides that have recently returned from Azul and I'm wondering what Karisma is doing to guarantee these experiences will not keep being repeated. There are so many choices for a hotel and wedding in the Cancun area and Karisma advertised a top notch experience. My family and friends travel extensively around the world and that is why I chose what I was told was "... a Gourmet Inclusive hotel designed on the foundation of exceptional cuisine, luxurious all-Jacuzzi suites boasting awe-inspiring ocean views perfect for honeymooners to large family celebrations." I am due to put the remainder of my payment down a full 45 days before my wedding and reception and would like a guarantee that the hotel is ready to host more than one wedding a day, as there is another wedding scheduled immediately before mine. If I am required to guarantee your payment I would like some kind of guarantee as to the quality of my event.

I hope you will take the time to respond, and consider there are many brides and families out there that are as concerned as I am. In the age of the internet the difference between success and failure can be quickly decided.

i am meeting with fabio in person on wednesday and i do plan to make a big stink. i will keep you all posted with the answers to my questions and what he says regarding the current quality of the resort.

my TA and their team (luxe destination weddings) are all going down mid-january. they have planned many weddings there in the next year and because they consider themselves a top-notch agency, i am confident that they will also be voicing their concerns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennik13 View Post
The last paragraph reads:

"My hopes are that everything I've detailed in this blog will be addressed prior to any weddings scheduled at this resort, especially in light of the fact that I have raised hell with the Karisma corporate folks for the past two days because I did not want any other destination wedding couples to go through what we did on our wedding trip this past weekend. The executive VP and customer service manager from Karisma corporate office are currently down at this resort as we speak, addressing these various issues that my wedding party experienced."

Let's continue to stay positive!!!!
I felt really bad calling this review to everyone's attention. Especially the girls with weddings in the next 2 months. I don't want to cause panic. But if good changes come out of it, then it will be worth it. That's a good sign that the Karisma people are there this week. It sounds like the resort needs some serious attention. I didn't expect things to be perfect, but if all that she reports truly happened the way it happened, they need to be doing something about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennik13 View Post
i am meeting with fabio in person on wednesday and i do plan to make a big stink. i will keep you all posted with the answers to my questions and what he says regarding the current quality of the resort.

my TA and their team (luxe destination weddings) are all going down mid-january. they have planned many weddings there in the next year and because they consider themselves a top-notch agency, i am confident that they will also be voicing their concerns.
How in the world did you score a meeting with Fabio? I hope that it goes great and you are able to voice all your concerns and get some answers. I also don't see Luxe putting up with this either!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmisssunshine View Post
I'm going to call my travel agent, lomas, and the azul people as well. This is getting crazy. My wedding isnt until april but that still makes me nervous. maybe we should transfer resorts. I'll let everyone know if I hear anything.sad.gif
I know how you feel. I sometimes have doubts and think we should have booked at the Paradisus or Azul Beach. I'm not usually a big risk taker, but I felt confident that Karisma would open a great resort and their focus on quality and service would be consistent with their other properties.

Oh dear. I think I'm going to contact my travel agent and see what she has to say too. I've also shared the trip advisor link with my guest and now hoping it's lost in their emails so they don't see this.

I'm trying to think of the best way we can collectively make a difference. I'm not sure all of us flooding Fabio/Tiffany with questions and emails is going to help. I'm wondering if the TA route is the best one...like everyone talk with their TA and see if they can be the ones that get some answers for us. I think they have different, higher-up contacts at the resort and if they're in jeopardy of losing business they may be able to get us some answers.

Biggest problem = water - in my opinion. If the showers were constructed poorly with water seeping out, there's not really an easy fix for that. It seems plumbing and water issues are repeated over and over on the reviews along with the beach, which is more out of their control.

At the end of the day, I'm stuck. I've got more than 45 guests already booked for their trip to Sensatori with deposits down. I've also already ordered my invites. I don't know what else I can do besides remain positive and hope it's all fixed for all of our weddings.

I'm going to contact my TA, Berman Travel. If anyone has any other suggestions on how we can collectively make a difference by doing something professional and respectful (because I really feel like yelling at Karisma right now) please post your ideas.

this_topic_sucks.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by katken View Post
Oh dear. I think I'm going to contact my travel agent and see what she has to say too. I've also shared the trip advisor link with my guest and now hoping it's lost in their emails so they don't see this.

I'm trying to think of the best way we can collectively make a difference. I'm not sure all of us flooding Fabio/Tiffany with questions and emails is going to help. I'm wondering if the TA route is the best one...like everyone talk with their TA and see if they can be the ones that get some answers for us. I think they have different, higher-up contacts at the resort and if they're in jeopardy of losing business they may be able to get us some answers.

Biggest problem = water - in my opinion. If the showers were constructed poorly with water seeping out, there's not really an easy fix for that. It seems plumbing and water issues are repeated over and over on the reviews along with the beach, which is more out of their control.

At the end of the day, I'm stuck. I've got more than 45 guests already booked for their trip to Sensatori with deposits down. I've also already ordered my invites. I don't know what else I can do besides remain positive and hope it's all fixed for all of our weddings.

I'm going to contact my TA, Berman Travel. If anyone has any other suggestions on how we can collectively make a difference by doing something professional and respectful (because I really feel like yelling at Karisma right now) please post your ideas.

this_topic_sucks.gif
I agree on many aspects of your response. I think the best route is to contact the TA first. After I receive an answer from them on our options (if we can change destination if the hotel does not improve within 6-4 months before the big day), I will send an email to Karisma (not wedding coordinators - I think they have very little say about this) re-phrasing the TripAdvisor's last bride' comments. My FI and I also very much agree that internet is a very powerful tool, and if our stay was ruined along with 60-70 of my guests, nothing would stop me from making it loud and clear on any review website I would come across.
The part that bothers me are the staff who were ignoring the complaints and talking about the person in Spanish. That does not bode well.

JHarwood2Be I am so sorry you had to go through all of that. I really feel bad about it. Did you have photos taken by a photographer down their? How was that? Did you feel confident after your first day of meeting with the WC that everything would be okay?

I am seriously freaking out now.

Again...I am so sorry!

-Shannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHarwood2Be View Post
How in the world did you score a meeting with Fabio? I hope that it goes great and you are able to voice all your concerns and get some answers. I also don't see Luxe putting up with this either!
we are going down to florida next week and i emailed him to set up an appointment. i can't wait to have him cornered! i have so many questions to ask him and of course concerns about the resort. i hope to come back much more knowledgeable on my current mystery wedding.