Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

I'm trying to decide between a sit down dinner or a double cocktail reception. Do they include the tables, chairs and tablecloths with the sit down dinner? I know they only provide a few cocktail tables for those parties. I just thought that it would keep the party flowing better if we just had heavy appetizers rather than a full sit down meal. Any ideas or tips would be great. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by futuremrskeister View Post
Is everyone doing the reception and has anyone received a total of what their weddings are costing?

Did anyone not choose the sky wedding for a reason?
We are doing a beach ceremony as I found it the most appealing and is one of the reasons I wanted a destination wedding. The Sky wedding sounds great but was not cost effective for us as you have to purchase it for $1700 in addition to a wedding package with the cheapest being $2500.

I sent you a PM with a breakdown of how much I have spent/allocated for the wedding. I figured I would be a good "base" example for you as I am keeping it pretty simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHarwood2Be View Post
Ugh-Oh! Check out the latest review entitled "Beware Destination Wedding Couples"
Puerto Morelos: Azul Sensatori by Karisma - Traveler Reviews - Beware Destination Wedding Couples!!! - TripAdvisor
I actually had to stop reading it!
this is really scary!!!! are they ever going to get their act together! i want to stay positive, but from the sounds of this they aren't even trying smile27.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspeed7309@gmail.com View Post
I'm trying to decide between a sit down dinner or a double cocktail reception. Do they include the tables, chairs and tablecloths with the sit down dinner? I know they only provide a few cocktail tables for those parties. I just thought that it would keep the party flowing better if we just had heavy appetizers rather than a full sit down meal. Any ideas or tips would be great. Thanks.
I had a foodie friend of mine (and a guest at my wedding) look over the menus for me to get her opinion. This is when I planned to have a cocktail reception for my rehearsal dinner and the BBQ deluxe for my wedding, she responded:

"But can I be totally honest with you? You can't ask your guests to fly 5+ hours and spend $1,400 dollars, to then ask them to stand for 3+ hours and feed them a past hor d'eourves. You have to do something where people can sit down. I am telling you as your friend, people will not be happy if your choose to do a standing cocktail hour as your rehearsal dinner."

I agree with her and think you should go with a sit-down for your wedding. I hope this helps. Nice to get an opinion from guests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHarwood2Be View Post
Ugh-Oh! Check out the latest review entitled "Beware Destination Wedding Couples"
Puerto Morelos: Azul Sensatori by Karisma - Traveler Reviews - Beware Destination Wedding Couples!!! - TripAdvisor
I actually had to stop reading it!
The last paragraph reads:

"My hopes are that everything I've detailed in this blog will be addressed prior to any weddings scheduled at this resort, especially in light of the fact that I have raised hell with the Karisma corporate folks for the past two days because I did not want any other destination wedding couples to go through what we did on our wedding trip this past weekend. The executive VP and customer service manager from Karisma corporate office are currently down at this resort as we speak, addressing these various issues that my wedding party experienced."

Let's continue to stay positive!!!!

PHP Code:
[QUOTE]Originally Posted by futuremrskeister  
I am reading through all of these posts
but new, so forgive me if I'm asking a question that has already been answered a bunch. I am trying to decide between a few different locations and resorts and the Sky Wedding is why I love Sensatori. 

We are paying for our wedding ourselves and I am in Grad school, so trying to be cost effective, which is difficult since we travel a ton and have become rather spoiled. Our guests are such a mix with some rarely traveling and will be happy at any resort, some travel regularly like us and have higher expectations from a vacation. 

Is everyone doing the reception and has anyone received a total of what their weddings are costing? I am just wondering what the averages are before I book this for sure. I don'
t understand how it costs so much per person for private events or cocktail hours when everyone has already paid so much for all-inclusiveis it just because its private? 

I am anxious to see more photos and reviews

Did anyone not choose the sky wedding for a reason

Also, if you are having a wedding with friends and family hereare you leaving to go some where different for your honeymoon

One more... Do they let you stay there complimentary for your site visit

Thank you for your help and good luck to any brides leaving soon![/QUOTE
I just graduated grad school 2 years ago- and although I have a great job, due to the huge chunk of student loans I have - I am still on a budget as well. We are also having an at home reception when we return for 200 people so we are trying to keep our spending for the wedding at the azul to a minimum. I am not the kinda girl who can easily cut back on spending, I am very particular and I like things to be perfect. That said, I think the great thing about a wedding at such a beautiful resort in such a beautiful setting is that you can cut back without realizing anything is missing. I am getting married on the beach so I have decided not to spend hundreds (maybe thousands ) on flowers to decorate the ceremony. But that is my preference. Im sure many brides find that a priority.

I am also torn on the reception. Luckily I will have 40 or less guests so the spoon restuarant is an option. We will probably find one of the bar/lounge areas to celebrate at after dinner. I also think it would be nice to have a private reception but for 30-40 people I think we would end up going to a bar right after dinner anyway. I think this will still be great becuase its still a sit down dinner. It is not a buffet. So I think this is a great way for us to stay within our budget.

I too worry about the guests of ours who travel frequently and I also have wondered if it is rude to not throw a reception for our guests joining us. I have been to destination weddings and I thought it was fun to not have a reception directly after and just kinda have fun. That was the point of us having a destination wedding anyway. We didnt want to do the traditional stuff. I think sometimes guests like not having everything planned out everyday. Im just hoping everyone is happy to be there and will be happy for us regardless. Im sure your guests will feel the same too:)

We decided on a beach wedding. The skydeck was never really a thought. And once I saw the 1500.00 fee it was not even an option. I also heard it was very windy. But my vision was always to have a beach wedding. The skydeck is lovely though.

We are staying at the resort for our honeymoon. We contemplated transferring to another resort but we didnt want the hassle of packing everything up and moving. We want all the time we can get at the beach/pool. And we are taking a European honeymoon later on in the year. We also didnt do a site visit. We figured we already picked the resort and tust me I research everything, this was the one.

i hope this gives you some insight. Just remember: do what you want to do - but within your means. Im sure whatever you choose will be lovely and everyone will have a blast!

This newest review on Trip Advisor has me in a tizzy. I'm normally such a calm person and I can't believe how stressed out I've been for the last couple of weeks trying to make sure all the details come together, while in the back of my head knowing it really is out of my control what happens. I really thought having a destination wedding would relieve some of this, but now I'm really starting to regret my decision to have my wedding and honeymoon at Azul Sensatori. I don't even want to tell my FI about the new reviews as I was the one pushing for the Mexico thing and this hotel in particular. I think this is the part that has me the most frustrated, when Karisma knows how many options are out there for not only destination weddings, but honeymoons. Although price played a small role in my decision, the amenities and bridal packages on their website really made me think I was selecting "the best". I'm still keeping the faith, but sure hope I don't have to cry at the front desk on my weddingmoon. I really appreciate this forum at a time like this because it really helps to know there are others in the same boat. Thanks for all the positive vibes!