Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polina View Post
Is anyone getting married at 6 pm and also having a cocktail hour?

My concern is that I have read somewhere that the resort does not allow receptions to last past 11pm. If the ceremony lasts 30-45 mins and the cocktail hour 1 hour then the reception would go until around 12am. All of the food/music options are for 4 hours? Will the resort cut the reception short or will they allow it to run the full 4 hours until 12am?
You may want to consider moving your ceremony to 5 pm, or forgoing the cocktail hour and adding an extra hour or so on to your private reception. They are pretty strict with the 11pm cut off time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHarwood2Be View Post
Yes it is!
Thanks! Since we are having around 70 ppl and this restaurant can accommodate up to 80, I think it may be our only restaurant option for the reception. I think once it's decorated for the wedding, it will look really nice! It reminds me of the restaurant at Azul Beach that most receptions are held at (except Zocalo is much bigger).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon2beTWells View Post
This first question I asked again, because you guys have been saying that they only have two weddings a day a few hours apart. When my wedding was set for the same exact time on the same exact day as one of the brides on here. I am starting to get a little annoyed with this resort...I switched my time and delayed it one hour in hopes that it helps.

How many weddings do you hold in one day, and how many onsite WC's do you have to ensure that each bride feels like they are the only ones having a wedding that day?

What is the new bridal suite, and if you have more than one bride getting married on the same day how do you ensure that all parties have access to this particular suite?

What is the time frame for Lomas to send a quote on a custom table set up not offered on their website?

What are the chair choices for ceremony, and reception and cost?

(ie: chiavari, wooden, ect…)

How much is it per bow for the chairs?

Can we have them premade and bring them with us, and how much would it cost for you to add them?

Is there a DJ at the hotel that would speak English?

I read somewhere that they guest could not take a piece of cake back to their room with them. This is one thing that I really wanted to do and have boxes already made for it. If we paid for the cost of the cake and it is all inclusive why is there this policy?

Is it possible to have a canopy for the reception on the beach as well as the one for the ceremony?

Where can you find the linen color choices for the tables, and canopies?

How far in advance can you reserve your location for ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception?
Great questions-these have been some that concern me too!
I am also concerned about more than one wedding per day. Honestly I don't feel the resort is large enough the handle more than one wedding at a time. It is not like it is Moon Palace or EDR, huge.
In fact on here, we have had 3 different people report that they are booked for the same day. When I asked on my visit, I was assured that the weddings would be spaced out and that we would receive the individual attention that we deserve. I sure hope the coordinators in Miami are on the same page while booking. Good point about the bridal suite. Who wants to share getting ready with another wedding party?! If anyone has seen it or any pictures, I would love details. We were not given a tour of the spa when we were there.

Great questions about Lomas and decor. I was assured that Fabio would handle all those details. They are doing themselves a large disservice by not having more details on their wedding amenities page. I was told they can pretty much do whatever we'd like as long as we send pictures. How long does it take for a quote, no idea?

That is ridiculous regarding the cake. When is the last time that you heard of someone getting food poisoning from wedding cake? Everyone knows that you are usually too caught up in everything or too full to have cake. That would make a perfect treat before bed or in the morning.

I believe that they will be able to quote you on a covered reception-do you mean like a tent or fabric?

Great question about fabrics. I would love to have some swatches so that everything would coordinate. I have heavily contemplated bringing my own linens/chair bows. Fabio or you coordinator is supposed to be arranging linens as well.

I'm not sure how far in advance you can request locations.

If anyone has any insight on these questions-it is greatly appreciated. I'm sorry if I sound negative, I just get annoyed with how they do things. But pictures of every wedding I have seen have been beautiful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenka14 View Post
Thanks! Since we are having around 70 ppl and this restaurant can accommodate up to 80, I think this may be our only restaurant option for the reception. I think once it's decorated for the wedding, it will look really nice! It reminds me of the restaurant at Azul Beach that most receptions are held at (except Zocalo is much bigger).
I also love and want that to be my reception location ...so I just called Lomas and they said (Nancy and Luis) that none of the restaurants are available for "private" receptions!

I am soooo bummed as that room is exactly how I envisioned my reception!! :-(

Please let me know if anyone else is told differently!

Valerie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenka14 View Post
Thanks! Since we are having around 70 ppl and this restaurant can accommodate up to 80, I think this may be our only restaurant option for the reception. I think once it's decorated for the wedding, it will look really nice! It reminds me of the restaurant at Azul Beach that most receptions are held at (except Zocalo is much bigger).
Oh can you have your reception inside the restaurant? I was under the impression that the outside terrace was available for use. I didn't think that they would close the restaurant for a private dinner. Hmmm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHarwood2Be View Post
Oh can you have your reception inside the restaurant? I was under the impression that the outside terrace was available for use. I didn't think that they would close the restaurant for a private dinner. Hmmm.
I hope so! I just emailed Fabio asking if it is possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moore.vj1 View Post
I also love and want that to be my reception location ...so I just called Lomas and they said (Nancy and Luis) that none of the restaurants are available for "private" receptions!

I am soooo bummed as that room is exactly how I envisioned my reception!! :-(

Please let me know if anyone else is told differently!

Valerie
OH NO!!!! This is exactly how I was envisioning my reception as well. I am really bummed to hear this!

I read in Weddingchick's review though that depending on hotel capacity at the time of the wedding, they may hold receptions at certain restaurants.