Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

Yes, I have Marco and I believe that he is on site as he’s told me he’s gone and looked at things himself. So I think (hopefully) they’ve eliminated coordinators offsite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@@LeanneP Thanks! I was still hearing mixed feedback about the off-site coordinators - some indicated they were still around. And when I called Javier, the Phone # is registered to Miami area. Javier has been pretty good to work with for the last year or so. 

now I just have to get my stuff together and start wrapping up the details.

100 days to go!

Just a year ago we had selected Azul as our resort and I was working Save the Dates! can't believe we only have 100 days until we are official Mr and Mrs!

also - queue the panic - so many little things to get done! made major headway on the OOT bags this weekend. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

anyone not use the free semi-private event included in the package? or better yet, not a host a formal welcome dinner?

The free semi-private event is maximum 50 guests, but we have 62. So either we host the event on a different day (Wed or Sun) when fewer guests are at the resort, or we exclude people - both options feel crappy to me. So after talking with FH and MOH and a few other friends - we're deciding to scrap the semi-free event all together. Yes, it's a perk that get, but who cares.

Instead, we're going to have an informal cocktail hour at one of the resort bars on Thursday evening. This lets our guests stop by if and when they want. I know this sounds 'cheap' and we should really spend more to make their travel to Mexico worthwhile, but some guests are only there for 3 days, and I feel like a jerk if I schedule dinner Thursday and the wedding is Friday, that only leaves them Saturday to enjoy their vacation and do their own thing. 

anyone not use the free semi-private event included in the package? or better yet, not a host a formal welcome dinner?

The free semi-private event is maximum 50 guests, but we have 62. So either we host the event on a different day (Wed or Sun) when fewer guests are at the resort, or we exclude people - both options feel crappy to me. So after talking with FH and MOH and a few other friends - we're deciding to scrap the semi-free event all together. Yes, it's a perk that get, but who cares.

Instead, we're going to have an informal cocktail hour at one of the resort bars on Thursday evening. This lets our guests stop by if and when they want. I know this sounds 'cheap' and we should really spend more to make their travel to Mexico worthwhile, but some guests are only there for 3 days, and I feel like a jerk if I schedule dinner Thursday and the wedding is Friday, that only leaves them Saturday to enjoy their vacation and do their own thing.

. No, I used mine for my rehearsal dinner so it was very intimate with about 30 people

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Hello!

I have a quick question about the "Cash for Your Bash" promotion predictor. Based on the amount of rooms we could potentially fill, it says we could get $8,400 in wedding credits in the Room category. It says: Apply this amount towards the balance of your final rooming list, saving you big on the final cost of your room.

Does anyone know what this means, or how this works? Is this credit towards the room of the Bride and Groom? Your guests as a whole? (so that would be around $200 distributed to each room?). 

Thanks!

everything my TA has told me is that the room credits is a check back to you after the trip. So 14-30 days after you leave the resort, they send you a check for the room credits. the credit is only applied to rooms with 2 adults (single rooms or rooms with 1 adult + 1 child do not count towards the credit). My TA has been very cautious about using the Cash for your Bash Credit $$ - she says it often changes and is often a bit lower than the website, depending on rooms booked, nights stayed, and your contract. 

we had to pay our room balance in full a few weeks ago. 

Past Azul brides - please chime in - did you get a credit back or was it a discount off your room balance? 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

23 days. Where did the last 18 months go?

I think we're ready - only a few things outstanding...

• Groom & BM attire - I changed my mind on the color of slacks - so FH is on the hunt. I'm letting him run with this because I can't think about it anymore and at the end of the day - whatever he wears is fine! 
  • Bridal accessories - I can't decide on shoes, jewelry, hair accessories - I've bought at least 10 pairs of shoes and returned 9 - I'm sure I'll pick something soon - not overly worried
  • Communicate day of schedule with family & bridal party - the schedule is done, just need to send to family
  • Packing - UG! this feels super overwhelming, but I'm going to start tackling it this weekend

I keep saying "If it's not done, I'm not doing it". 

• 3 weeks later...

so we did a thing  - we got married yesterday at the courthouse. just us and 2 very close friends. it was everything my FH could have ever wanted, it was lovely and simple - perfect. We leave on Monday for our Mexico wedding celebration set for Friday May 11. We have 60 amazing friends and family traveling to celebrate with us. I'm really glad we decided to get hitched stateside first, it takes a ton of pressure off the day in Mexico. 

bags are almost packed and the hubby and I are ready to spend 10 days on the beach, relaxing with friends and reconnecting before we come back to our crazy lives. 

Stay strong DW brides - it all comes together :)