Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

Thank you @@ACJCWed and @@murmel I think we will bring a cord just in case.

@@Janjin - I'm getting married Nov 26!! I agree, exciting, stressful, busy....I can't believe that it is almost here and soon everyone will see what I have been working on for the last 18 months...no pressure right? haha

• Like 1

Hello ladies! 

I got back last week from the Brides Dress Rehearsal and it was great. We got in Sunday the 25th of October and were put in the Premium Section. After picking or pillows and scent for the room we went over to the Mexican Restaurant for lunch. Delish I must say! We then did a quick change and off to the pool we went. That night we had dinner at the Italian Restaurant which was also good. Monday we had breakfast at the Caribbean Restaurant and had more pool time. Around 12pm we had a tour of the grounds and some of the rooms in other sections. I love the newly remodeled Kid Section. Since we have children and are having guest with children at the wedding, having a great kid section was important. They did an amazing job with that section. For lunch that day we ate at Spoon which had a nice selection of buffet style food but also had a menu you can order from. After lunch we enjoyed the Spa and got massages. They were amazing and the Spa is great although the woman's section was being fixed so they converted the men's section into a Coed area. That didn't bother me although I can see how it might bother other people. For dinner  Monday night I can't remember what we did. I know at some point we ate at the Beach BBQ location which was also good and a great location to relax. We also laid out on the beach and soaked in the rays.Tuesday we had breakfast at Spoon and I had a Make Up test run at the Spa. They use all Mac Makeup and she got very close to my vision although I was never given the option of having false lashes put on, once I remembered to mention it, it was too late to apply them. Either way the makeup was great and lasted all day but you couldn't really see it when we took pictures. So now I'm worried you wont be able to tell I have make up on in my wedding pictures. Next we headed to the lobby for our transfer to El Dorado. We were told the the transfer would be there at 11:45 , it did not arrive till 12:50pm. The group of ladies waiting were so upset because of course the event went on without us over at El Dorado. Once we arrived we were greeted with drinks and took some pictures which we never received. We then entered the ballroom and were able to meet photograher's, videographer's and also taste some of the food and cake. My BFF and I were able to pick out my   decor and see the different color options available. After some complaining on our behave that we missed the entire presentation, they decided to redo the presentation for our group. They went over all the hotel and wedding packages offered. All the women in our group had already booked a wedding date which sucked because this means you don't get the $500 hotel credit for booking within 30 days of the brides dress rehearsal. I think that is so unfair. Given the fact that we feel pressured to book online right away to secure the date we want, any bride who makes it to the Brides Dress Rehearsal should be given the $500 credit. Once we got back to the hotel we had dinner over at the Mexican Restaurant again and met up with another bride and her mom. I had some chicken with this amazing sweet plantain puree. Soooo good! We then headed back to the room for some relaxation. Wednesday we had breakfast at the Caribbean Restaurant and headed to the Airport for our flight back to Chicago. During our stay we were able to see about 4 weddings going on. They were all beautiful and different from one another which gave me a better idea of what I wanted.  I'm so glad I took the opportunity to go because we got to check out the restaurants and get a good feel for the hotel. This will make it much easier for me to answer questions for my wedding guest. I can make recommendations on restaurants and what section they might want to book in along with being able to fully see what my wedding will entail. I totally recommend this to all brides if it's in the budget. 

• Like 1

@@amyzig2 Seaweed was at a minimum. I was visiting the Hotel in June and I saw a lot more seaweed then. There was a truck cleaning it first thing in the morning and a few men cleaning it through out the day. During the day I saw none on the sand but of course they can't control what's in the sea. The water here is certainly not crystal clear. I did notice seaweed on the sand later at night. But nothing you have to worry about during the day. Plus, I'm glad it won't be in my wedding pictures since I will be having my ceremony on the beach.

• Like 1

I feel bad for not reviewing yet but j swear it's coming. I booked h2OH yacht cruises for my bridal party and it was one of the highlights for my trip! I truly loved the experience. Katy had recommended it and it was so worth it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Brides (& Grooms)

I would really like to do something a little bit fancier that Spoons for our rehearsal dinner and was hoping that we would be able to treat our parents, MC, the bridal party, and the MC's / bridal party spouses to dinner at Le Chique. In total this would be 16 people. Does anybody know if Le Chique takes reservations for groups that large? I assume if I tell the wedding coordinator that it is for the 'rehearsal dinner' that there will be an absurd fee associated with it so I am just wondering if when we get to the resort if I can call and make a reservation for that many people. Thanks!

Thanks

Just a heads up to those thinking about renting with Katy -- I contacted her and she was super informative and helpful, but will only be communicating with brides who are already booked until January 2016. She will begin taking new orders in the new year :)