Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

@@carrieandsam. Thank you!! I think Sam will stand out with a vest. The guys will look great w pants and button down. The belt and shoes will be a nice, classy amd generous touch. Do you have pics? Not sure on shoes...just not flip flops

Lol @@BecomingaRiggio I xnayed the flip flops from the beginning on top of the shorts. When we moved our ceremony from the beach to sky deck then there was no question.

I really like the wing tip look so I am researching those

No pics oft he outfit yet, we get the outfits in March so I'll make sure to post when they arrive.

Hi @@Jennypert

Your wedding looks awesome. Thank you for sharing your photos and advice. 

Can you provide advice on photography service and DJ service?

Thank you and congratulations on your nuptials. I hope you are enjoying the married life  :) 

-Yesica 

Hi Yesica,

We used Mega DJ and Caribe Photo. Both are approved Karissma vendors. Mega DJ was Fabulous! They sent a play list before the wedding and we selected First Dance, Wedding Party Intro, etc. plus about 50-60 other songs. I am not sure if they played all of the songs but every time the dancing slowed down, they played something that got everyone up and moving. They provided balloons, bubbles and fancy lights. So much fun! We selected them because they were cheaper than DJ AllMusic and we did not need MC services. I don't know how anyone could have done better.

We had the 6 hour, one photographer package from Caribe Photo. Denise was our photographer and I thought she did a fine job. She took some really nice shots plus we had our prints, 2 photo albums, and 2 DVDs of all shots ready for us to pick up 5 days after the wedding.

I know some brides get really excited about using outside DJs and photographers but we were very pleased with the approved vendors and very happy to not pay the $800 outside vendor fee.

Married life has been really nice. We had been living together for a few years. And I did not think having a ceremony would make much difference but our life is even better now.

Jenny

Just got back from our 10-day trip and thought I would post this...  We were married Feb 14th at Azul Sensatori and here is some info that will hopefully help other brides :)

The resort was beautiful - perfect for couples or families. Lots of bars and also children areas. Food and booze were great. Service was a step up from most resorts - definitely top notch. Beach had seaweed when water was rough, but awesome pools made up for it.

I used Dean Sanderson for photography and paid the $800 outside vendor fee. He was great and I can't wait to get the pics back. Wedding coordinators onsite were very detail oriented. The ladies made my day perfect.

I had my ceremony on the beach by the pier. It was quite windy so had my hair up. No seaweed that day on the beach :)  Reception was at Plaza Zavaz gazebo for 60 people. Ordered the BBQ deluxe and it was really good - had something for everyone. I ordered the $60 large cake in strawberry and it was really good. People even ate it! Easy to coordinate for guests compared to plated. Brought my own lights for gazebo. Had small flower centerpieces and rented a teal color table runner. It gets pretty much dark at 7pm, so I didn't feel I needed to go overboard with the expensive Lomas decor.

Used mega DJ and he stuck to my song list and also took requests. Had the dance floor full all night! I would recommend him for the $1000. We had our own MC.

I used Styling Trio for my hair and makeup. Went to their studio and was very happy with my final look. This was coordinated last minute in a panic as the hair/make trial at Azul spa was very disappointing. My hair did not look like the pic I brought and makeup was nothing special. Definitely not wedding makeup. I could do my own better. Also language barrier made it hard to enjoy the experience at the spa and communicate the changes I wanted.

After the reception we all went to the Mojito lounge and partied the night away. Every thing was perfect.

• Like 6

Hi everyone - so I think we are very close to booking our photographer.  We love their pictures and prices are in our budget and they are available.  A little nervous to actually pull the trigger.  Any questions/information you guys think I should ask or have???  Any advice would be great!

Thanks!!

I need more wonderful advice from you ladies !! I can't figure out how to start a topic lol so my FI and I want to make the welcome gift for our guests a pair of sunglasses. I asked before how to put them in people's rooms for when they check in, But was told it was impossible. Our dilemma is we have close to 80 people attending . We have the quote done up for the custom sunglasses but don't want to commit until we have an idea of how to hand them out to our guests ! Any insight would be so helpful. Right now it's basically either we figure out to give them to our guests in a tasteful manner without us having to individually and them to each person! or not order them at all.... HELP!!! TIA

You should be able to give to the concierge or the front desk and they should be able to pass out for you. It's $5/bag or you might be able to just give the concierge a generous tip and they will do for you.

Other option is to pass them out at the welcome party.

Also you could always send them beforehand as a care package. A few brides have done this before.

Hopefully that helps.

Carrie

• Like 2

@ Janjin- a few questions to ask the photographer (or make sure it's in your contract)

1) do you own the rights to the photos? (or can you only have the photographer print your pictures...can  be very pricey) Do you receive a CD with photos? Or just the photos?

2) how many hours are included? Does it include getting ready photos, dinner photos, etc.?

3) is it just the photographer or do they also have an assistant? (assistants can really help with quality photos- provide lightning or even take extra photos) It's not required, but nice to know.

4) before you hire an outside vendor....even though you are paying the $800 vendor fee- MAKE SURE THEY ARE ALLOWED ON SITE!!!!! (the photographers I wanted originally are banned from Karisma resorts) So check with your wedding coordinator to make sure it's on your Azul contract that you will have "photographer's name" on site for your wedding!!!

5) how long until you can expect the completed photos/photo albums/etc. How will you recieve them? Pick up in Mexico, courier to your home address, etc.?

Hope that helps!

• Like 1

Thanks @@murmel @@carrieandsam!  Great suggestions.  I didn't even think to make sure they are allowed onsite.  I know they've shot there before but you're right I should get it confirmed and in writing from Azul.

And because everyone here is so helpful - a few more questions while I wait for my WC to get back to me

Do you know how much are the children entrees for private receptions?

Has anyone booked a s'mores bonfire as their welcome party?  Do you have the prices?

Anyone thinking of having a photobooth?  I absolutely photobooths at weddings!

Thanks!