Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

Well, I heard back from my WC Lynda about having DJ Doremixx at our wedding. She said "At the moment, we have honored those brides that have booked with him before this policy changed for weddings in 2013 – but no further exceptions are being permitted after this year. This news was a little bit of a bummer! But, hopefully DJ All Music offered by Lomas Travel will be just as fun. Just wanted to share this information with any other 2014 brides who were looking into booking an outside vendor for a DJ.

Hi JMK923,

Hope you had an amazing time :). I will also celebrate my wedding at Azul in 2015 and I am looking to hire Doremixx. Who did you hire? honestly it ends up to cost the same with Doremixx cost plus the $800 resort fee. How was it? I have not heard that I cannot bring the DJ, if I pay the fee they will allow. I appreciate any feedback :)

@@LaurenR I think you will be fine, your DJ will have enough lights.

I will also celebrate at Plaza and my DJ said lights will be fine :)

We saw a reception there at night and it was beautiful and seemed to get enough light. Most people seem to being strung lights for the plaza but say afterward that it was more for aesthetic than function and not really needed.

I think you will be fine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you will be fine... I would ask the DJ and the WC based on their experience :)

@@Cj1053 Enjoy your special day, congratulations :) and thanks for the great posts

I received this info from my TA regarding the DJ's, hope this helps, we are booking DJ All Music ($1500).

DJ All Music tends to be more popular with couples wanting more of a traditional reception with announcements, traditional events, and commentary. Mega DJ is more often requested by couples only interested in dancing.

Hi ladies! Just wanted some advice...I wanted to sing a sweet song to my hubby -to -be at our wedding...I wanted to do a sky wedding with reception at zavaz. I originally wanted to sing it walking up the aisle for our ceremony but wasn't sure if the acoustics at the sky deck would be adequate with all the wind? Not sure if there is a good sounds system up there? 

Or if not, maybe right before our first dance? We would walk in and I start to sing to him...

Thanks for you all your help !!

What a special idea! I think the acoustics will be fine on the sky deck. But if you are like most brides (myself included) , I was so nervous walking down the aisle, I can't imagine trying to keep it together enough to sing! Lol As well, I think you should use a mic so that everyone can hear... Especially your hubby to be. The mics are wireless, so you should be able to carry it with you.

Hi everyone!

For those getting married at Plaza Zavaz, are you ordering additional lighting? I'm worried it will be too dark after 9pm. Our reception is from 7-11pm.

If I read your dates correctly, you are getting married June 25? First thing to check is sundown...which will be about 730. So it will still be dusk/light for a while. Most brides find there is enough ambient lighting to see no problem. The lights that brides use are just for decor. (Lanterns, Xmas string lights, candles, etc)

Unfortunately Karisma no longer allows outside vendors in the DJ category so the options are DJ All Music of Mega DJ. Both have gotten positive reviews from past Karisma brides lately.

Are you sure they are not allowing them? I told my TA and WD about Doremixx and all they said is that I need to pay $800 which ends up costing the same amount to be honest. Also if you check their website (Lomas) it says that you need to pay $800 fee

Are you sure they are not allowing them? I told my TA and WD about Doremixx and all they said is that I need to pay $800 which ends up costing the same amount to be honest. Also if you check their website (Lomas) it says that you need to pay $800 fee

???? Dorremixx is only $200?? Wow. That is cheap. (Mega DJ is $1000)

I heard they are no longer allowing them on site either due to complaints. I would certainly get it in writing that they are allowed. I found mega DJ to be a great deal at $1000 and they have had great reviews so I see no need to spend the $800 fee even if they have now relaxed the policy!

Hi Ladies,

I was wandering if anyone experienced the weather being too hot/humid or uncomfortable to wear a gown through the night. Our reception is at the plaza zavaz. And its on September 28th. My dress is not super heavy its Tulle trumpet gown with a ruffled skirt.

Thank you to all the contributors!

Eli

Hi past Azul brides!

I need your advice. We are using two outside vendors so in order to avoid the outside vendor fee, we will be booking a room and putting their names on it. The problem is, this room will technically be empty since the vendors are Cancun locals. Is there anyway to give that room to a family member without adding their name to it or are we doomed to have it empty? Any advice is much appreciated!

Thank you!!!

Hi past Azul brides!

I need your advice. We are using two outside vendors so in order to avoid the outside vendor fee, we will be booking a room and putting their names on it. The problem is, this room will technically be empty since the vendors are Cancun locals. Is there anyway to give that room to a family member without adding their name to it or are we doomed to have it empty? Any advice is much appreciated!

Thank you!!!

Hi, I am not a past bride, please let me know if you hear back from past brides. I was trying to do the same and the issue is that even thou you bring a vendor as a guest they (the vendor) have to check in because each person registered has to do the check in, I think you could perhaps give it to someone of your family who is in the hotel sharing a room and just move to the empty room to stay alone, but if it is a friend or family member who did not book or pay for a room I am not sure how it would work to get in the hotel and get the room. Please let me know if you get to know how to do that :)

I received this info from my TA regarding the DJ's, hope this helps, we are booking DJ All Music ($1500).

DJ All Music tends to be more popular with couples wanting more of a traditional reception with announcements, traditional events, and commentary. Mega DJ is more often requested by couples only interested in dancing.

Yes, I also spoke yesterday with the WC in Miami and she said that the $1,000 is for a DJ only (no announcements) and you can add the MC for $250 but wont have the $1,500 package stuff like bubbles and fog machine. Also she mentioned that the $1,500 includes the DJ and the MC.

I ended hiring Doremixx to my wedding and did not have to spend more that what they also charge..hope we all enjoy a good time :)