Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

I have less than 6 weeks until we leave for Cancun.  Final payment to Karisma is due next Friday but I don't have a final invoice yet.  My Miami based planner was very responsive earlier but lately she has been slow to respond.  Thank goodness my TA/Destination Wedding Planner is on top of everything.  She's helped me a lot to understand options and get things done.  I figure Karisma will get around to sending the invoice soon since I am sure they want their money. I'm not going to worry about it

I leave for Mexico on Sunday, and our wedding is the following Saturday (5/3). I have not gotten the final detail sheet or made payment yet. Communication is still as slow as ever, so I am getting super frustrated. Oh well, if they want to get paid, they will contact me :-) I expected them to get better this close to the wedding, but that doesn't seem to drive their reply time at all...

Ladies...it doesn't get any better. my wedding was april 12. I left for mexico on a Wednesday and sent my final payment in the day before.  the Miami coordinator is awful right up until the end.  its really a shame.  I was at Azul beach and the resort was amazing. I would definitely vacation in one of their other resorts but would never recommend planning a wedding.  Way too stressful right up until the last minute.  While the onsite people are wonderful I was still left with a bitter taste in my mouth thanks to the Miami people.  like u said they will let u know when they want to get paid. good luck and hope u have a beautiful wedding

• Like 2

I leave for Mexico on Sunday, and our wedding is the following Saturday (5/3). I have not gotten the final detail sheet or made payment yet. Communication is still as slow as ever, so I am getting super frustrated. Oh well, if they want to get paid, they will contact me :-) I expected them to get better this close to the wedding, but that doesn't seem to drive their reply time at all...

Yup- dont let their ommision to ask for final payment be a stressor! Pay it when they ask, and keep it in the bank until then...

It seems that dealing with coordinators leading up to the big day is a slow process for all- knowing this, just focus on you and your FI and know that your wedding day will come in a short week and you will have an AMAZING day!

• Like 1

WOW - not a good way to run a business but oh well.  I'm too stressed out about not fitting into my dress to worry too much about people who don't seem to want to take my money.   :mellow:

I'm working on my music play list for Mega DJ.  I have not corresponded with them directly and had assumed I would send the playlist to the Miami Coordinator so that she could forward to them.  Given the slow response time from Miami, does anyone know how to communicate directly with Mega DJ?  I want to make sure they have the music for our Introduction, First Dance, Cake Cutting, etc. 

My FI and I are taking dance lessons so we won't look too dorky during our First Dance!  My friends and family are starting to get excited.  I am sure we are going to have a blast! :D

• Like 1

@@Jennypert

We are using DJ all music and out Miami WC sent us this whole packet/form to fill out for the DJ and we have to submit 45 days before wedding. You put all info for introducing bridesmaids and groomsmen, how we want to be announced, our first dance, songs during cake cutting, etc. who is doing toasts and when, music during dinner and music during reception. Did the WC send you a packet for your DJ?

If you are having trouble emailing your Miami WC maybe calling would help. Before I had another Miami WC and she wouldn't respond to my emails and I called her and very first ring she answered. I had so many questions that I was able to quickly ask instead of waiting weeks for answers. So that might be helpful of you're stressing.

You're wedding is coming up fast! So excited for you :)

My wedding is only 2 weeks after yours (6/20) and no one has asked me anything.  My detail sheet has listed a two-tier cake, but doesn't list flavor or style. Is this all sorted out on site.  I arrive on a Wednesday and the wedding is on a Friday.  I am glad that they are not rushed to collect final payment, because I would not pay until my detail sheet was correct and complete.

My new WC (last one left and I was never told) seems more responsive.  She is new to Karisma and seems like she is trying to be helpful. I definitely find that it is easier to get answers by phone and then confirm with email.

Anyone frustrated by guests that swore they were coming and then never booked or said anything? The best man told my FI he wasn't coming by text message.  My FI waited two weeks and then called him and he still hasn't called back. My FI's mom is acting strange and has not booked her airfare (swears she will every week) and has only put $100 towards her room. Meanwhile, she has been renting cars and traveling every weekend. My poor FI is upset that when he brings up the wedding, she changes the subject. I asked him to just buy her ticket but he refuses because she is acting like this wedding is not a priority.ent

I intentionally did not bring up the wedding to anyone once I sent the STDs because I didn't want anyone to feel pressured. I understand it is a big financial commitment. They would bring it up and confirm they were coming or even RSVPed on our website!  Well, the room block deadline was last Friday and a number of them never reserved.  On a positive note, people I never expected to come have reserved and even paid in full!

We have 54 reserved guests, far more than I anticipated.  So, I am still pleasantly surprised. 

@@Jennypert

We are using DJ all music and out Miami WC sent us this whole packet/form to fill out for the DJ and we have to submit 45 days before wedding. You put all info for introducing bridesmaids and groomsmen, how we want to be announced, our first dance, songs during cake cutting, etc. who is doing toasts and when, music during dinner and music during reception. Did the WC send you a packet for your DJ?

If you are having trouble emailing your Miami WC maybe calling would help. Before I had another Miami WC and she wouldn't respond to my emails and I called her and very first ring she answered. I had so many questions that I was able to quickly ask instead of waiting weeks for answers. So that might be helpful of you're stressing.

You're wedding is coming up fast! So excited for you :)

So glad you mentioned the form for the DJ.  I got one from the Miami WC a couple of months ago and had forgotten all about it.  I'll start filling it out asap and send it in next week.

My new WC (last one left and I was never told) seems more responsive.  She is new to Karisma and seems like she is trying to be helpful. I definitely find that it is easier to get answers by phone and then confirm with email.

Anyone frustrated by guests that swore they were coming and then never booked or said anything? The best man told my FI he wasn't coming by text message.  My FI waited two weeks and then called him and he still hasn't called back. My FI's mom is acting strange and has not booked her airfare (swears she will every week) and has only put $100 towards her room. Meanwhile, she has been renting cars and traveling every weekend. My poor FI is upset that when he brings up the wedding, she changes the subject. I asked him to just buy her ticket but he refuses because she is acting like this wedding is not a priority.ent

I intentionally did not bring up the wedding to anyone once I sent the STDs because I didn't want anyone to feel pressured. I understand it is a big financial commitment. They would bring it up and confirm they were coming or even RSVPed on our website!  Well, the room block deadline was last Friday and a number of them never reserved.  On a positive note, people I never expected to come have reserved and even paid in full!

We have 54 reserved guests, far more than I anticipated.  So, I am still pleasantly surprised. 

Hi Lolita2014,  Some of my relatives have been very difficult also.  I have one cousin who didn't make her final room payment until the day after the deadline and then just a few days ago (5 weeks before the wedding!!!) told me she wants to bring a boyfriend.  Of course, it's someone no one else in the family knows or has met!!!

It is really too bad about your FI's Mom.  If you can afford to pay for her to come, I would definitely offer to pay.  It means a lot to have close family attend but sometimes you just have to be happy with the people who have made the effort and who can attend.

You showed much more restraint than I did.  Last January, I called and/or emailed everyone who had said they wanted to attend but had not put down a deposit and asked that they send in a deposit asap.  My problem was that the resort was selling out of rooms for my wedding weekend and if they didn't/couldn't commit, then there would not be any more rooms.  I was very careful to say that we truly understand if people have other commitments or if they do not have the funds and that we would love them whether or not they come to Mexico.  That pushed a few people into saying No and I was definitely OK with that answer.

At 54 people, that a fairly large destination wedding.  You are very blessed to have so many people in your life who can be with you on your special day.

Hi ladies

I know I keep going back to the whole sheers issue but I'm trying to go back through the forum to find posts about it and the forum is so long that it is taking forever. I don't know much about 'sheers' and am finding out there are different fabrics. Does anyone know which type of fabric is in most of the wedding pics?

Thanks!

Casey

@@lolita2014

I was having the same issue about guests saying they were coming and not booking their room. Still my FI's brother is telling him weekly that he is going to book and has yet to do so. Our block was up March 14th but they can still book rooms, just not guaranteed rate. It was stressing me out so much that I just had to let it go and told myself.....if they book, they book. If they don't, our wedding day will still be amazing as we have so many other ppl traveling to celebrate with us. :) We ended up having a good handful of ppl book that we didn't think would, so that helped with our room block. However, I can understand the stress of your FI mom not booking yet. Hope things work out for you!